Hello Mr Marz,
I know by now you might hate hearing people bring up the C word, but I did purchase every issue CG published and just cant find anything going now that compares. I have started purchasing comics again and gravitated back to Marvel where I grew up, but when I re read my CG collection it is just much better, deeper and more enjoyable. The synergy between writers, artists and the over arching backstory just cant be touched by anything going right now ( IMO )
Looking back at your stuff,
1) Scion-You & Jim nailed this baby, 38 issues of a very well crafted story with gorgious art. You really developed some amazing charecters, and brought the 2 families out front. Bron was one of the best villans not just in CG but anywhere, Mai Shen was cool to.
2) Mystic-your 17 issue ( I think ) run ,ixed humur and became my favorite book based on magic this side of the good Doctor ( strange that is ), I loved Darrow ( esp in the first year ), Animora was very cool ( I wished her not to be a first )
3) Sojourn-Just pure movie magic, I could see spielberg directing this. Such a cool cast, great creatures in all the 5 lands, CGs biggest publishing mistake was taking you off theire number one book.
couple of questions
1) when were you planning to have your Ayden reveal ( if disaster had not struck )
2) how were you planning on having the series end.
4) The Path -A very Thematic feel ( esp in the first year, ), The best of the last wave ( stating with Way of the Rat )
5) Chimera-I think you assisted Brandon Peterson on this, always wondered where this was to have fit in the CG backstory. Was the race they spoke of in this book the same as the race that captured the Atlanteans in the Crux ( and were they to have experimented on them )
Finally-were you not supposed to be the original writer for WAR along with Perez on Art ( sorry if I am wrong ), how would your story have differed from where Tony was going
1) He made the book very Negation centric ( hence the name Negation war ), how would your story have been different ( do you remember the conclusion )
2) do you have the print that Perez made for WAR, I purchased 9 of those but never got that one.
I am sorry for this rambling email but very few Comics, Companies or Creators have touched me the way CrossGen did and continues to do. I just wanted to thank you and all your co workers on these books
It was time well spent...............................
PS--I am ordering 2 TPBs from Checkerboard, Sojourn and Negation. I hope they are up to the quality of the originals./