Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I managed to see this (God bless the Internet). The last two episodes Working Through Pain and Dead Shot were the best. The others I didn't care about, they were just Batman fighting goons/freaks. Working Through Pain is the best and strongest episode really though, and has the strongest character development.
    I'll be buying the DVD when it hits the street.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

Keep in mind, that one design is just for one segment. Every animator interprets him differently.

That said, Conroy does have a little trouble matching the Bruce Wayne voice in that segment. Thank god he does the Bruce Wayne voice, though. That was one of the things I didn't like about when the show went to the WB, he kind of stopped doing it, basically just had Bruce doing the Batman voice.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by xnef1025 View Post
    These stories do take place in the Batman Begins universe and there are some interesting ties and consequences from that movie shown. A few familiar DCU faces show up as well aside from the usual supporting cast.
    From the trailer it looks as though it features monsterous mutants, cyborgs, and possibly some kind of force field. These aren't things I'd expect in the universe established by Batman Begins.

Even so, it looks cool, and it's Batman. That's enough to get my money.
    Last edited by Jared; 07-09-2008 at 01:37 PM.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    From the trailer it looks as though it features mostrous mutants, cyborgs, and possibly some kind of force field. These aren't things I'd expect in the universe established by Batman Begins.
    The force field isn't full-blown Dr. Doom variety; it's introduced with the same sort of quasi-realistic explanation as the rest of the Begins equipment.

I mean, it's still out there, but not SO much more out there than the Tumbler or the flying cape.

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

Or the microwave emitter weapon that only emits microwaves at certain things?

Please... call me Dave metalhead_dave743's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Keep in mind, that one design is just for one segment. Every animator interprets him differently.

That said, Conroy does have a little trouble matching the Bruce Wayne voice in that segment. Thank god he does the Bruce Wayne voice, though. That was one of the things I didn't like about when the show went to the WB, he kind of stopped doing it, basically just had Bruce doing the Batman voice.
    He actually mentioned that in a video interview with the Comic Book Club. It was more of a studio descision and not really his own.

I don't feel like linking it because there are five segments of the interview and I don't know which segment he talks about it, but type in Kevin Conroy on youtube and you'll be able to find it.

Saw this the other night at the local indie cinema.

Didn't really do it for me.

None of the stories really added anything.

-Twi

I have to say I didn't care for it. It wasn't bad, just didn't do anything for me.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by twilight View Post
    None of the stories really added anything.

-Twi
    Added anything to what? Not sure what you mean.

Rucka talks Gotham Central in "Batman: Gotham Knight"

CBR sat down with writer Greg Rucka to learn how he brought his beloved "Gotham Central" characters to life for the "Batman: Gotham Knight" animated DVD that hits stores this week.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17118

Please... call me Dave metalhead_dave743's Avatar

Finally saw it today. It arrived at my doorstep on the release date haha.

Nothing really amazing... but it's a cute little story. I like how it sort of gradually shifted from being the perspective of other people to being the perspective of Batman in the end.

I'll definitley watch it again.

.....she gets her god like powers from my side of the family

.......... not a big anime guy but i thought most of it was pretty great - azzarello and ruckas were my faves - cool seeing gotham central types crispus allen and " ramirez " - pre " crisis " versions again

Cheering the apocalypse DWEarhart's Avatar

I think I can do with the single disc version, though I'd like to see the villains section on the second disc. I can do without the Bob Kane segment. I know enough about him, his work, and what kind of person he was.
    For what's on my mind: Destination Yes (back with a vengeance)

"Opinions, assholes, and elbows..."

"The internet is the greatest invention for schizophrenics everywhere." - DWEarhart

"Well that was back in the day, and if you weren't there, it doesn't matter anyway because you wouldn't understand." - Megadeth.

"You need people like me. We do the jobs you :rolleyes: morally significant refuse to do."

I'll burn this on DVD tonight and check it out when my schedule eases up tommorrow. I actually want to see how this turned out.

Elder Member

The visuals were nice, but I didn't find any of the stories particularly compelling. I also thought that Conroy's Batman voice wasn't really a good match to the tone of the stories. This Batman needed something with a harder edge to it.