Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Pretty big news concerning Batman's VA...

Christian Bale won't be available to voice Bruce in the movie, despite the tie-in to the Dark Knight. Rather, the studio has gone back to the tried and true. And in my opinion, it's an improvement.

I just got tingles.
    Awesome. There couldn't be a better replacement for Bale. I know I'll be buying this on day one.
    Everything burns...

Pretty big news concerning Batman's VA...

Christian Bale won't be available to voice Bruce in the movie, despite the tie-in to the Dark Knight. Rather, the studio has gone back to the tried and true. And in my opinion, it's an improvement.

I just got tingles.
    I knew there was only one way that this movie could get better. Don't get me wrong, I like Bale as Batman, but Conroy is Batman.

BANNED

Conroy... really? Ugh.

Conroy is the man, don't get me wrong. But here's the thing. He's TAS Batman. He's not Nolan Batman. This isn't a tie in to TAS, it's a tie in to Nolan's Batman.

And then, there's what, six, eight different stories here? All with different visual styles and they'll have the same voice? So Batman/Bruce, will look totally different... but sound the same... and sound like a completely unrelated Batman?

I dunno... that sounds terrible to me. I'm just going to think of one cartoon while watching another cartoon, when I should either A: be thinking of the movies (which I'm not so sure is going to work for various reasons) or B: enjoy it on it's own... which seems to be more and more the case as news comes out about this.

Regardless, I expect it to be visually stunning. For that and that alone I'm sure I'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    Conroy... really? Ugh.

Conroy is the man, don't get me wrong. But here's the thing. He's TAS Batman. He's not Nolan Batman. This isn't a tie in to TAS, it's a tie in to Nolan's Batman.

And then, there's what, six, eight different stories here? All with different visual styles and they'll have the same voice? So Batman/Bruce, will look totally different... but sound the same... and sound like a completely unrelated Batman?

I dunno... that sounds terrible to me. I'm just going to think of one cartoon while watching another cartoon, when I should either A: be thinking of the movies (which I'm not so sure is going to work for various reasons) or B: enjoy it on it's own... which seems to be more and more the case as news comes out about this.

Regardless, I expect it to be visually stunning. For that and that alone I'm sure I'll love it.
    I don't know, Bale would have been doing the voices for all the different stories so I don't really see a difference there.

About it being an unrelated Batman, I can kind of understand this. I mean this is supposed to be about the movies. But the thing is, for me an possibly others, Conroy isn't just the voice of TAS Batman, but Batman himself. I'm reading the comics and its Conroy, I'm daydreaming of a Batman adventure and its Conroy, if I'm not paying attention during the movies (both Burton and Bale) I'm hearing Conroy's voice. So for me this fits like a glove.

BANNED

I never said I thought Bale should do the voice either.

Perosnally, I think each one should have it's own Batman voice. They're different looks, so they should sound different.

At least with Bale it would be the right Batman voice for the tie in. Using Conroy just seems like the wrong move... but ultimately it's the same voice for each short that really bothers me.

That and this just feels less and less like an actual tie in to Nolan's movies as it goes. Just seems like a marketing ploy to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    this just feels less and less like an actual tie in to Nolan's movies as it goes. Just seems like a marketing ploy to sell it.
    I don't care if it's a "marketing ploy" or not. It looks great and I'm excited to give them my money.
    Everything burns...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Zapper View Post
    I don't care if it's a "marketing ploy" or not. It looks great and I'm excited to give them my money.
    Agreed. I'm just saying it doesn't sound much like what it's being sold as.

You know what I appreciate? An established but niche American VA reprising a character on an Anime project. To me, life would be so wonderful if the casts of JLU and the Fox Spidey and X-Men shows did anime versions. I'm a big fan of cross-pollination. I love it when creators explore new options and different takes on old favorites.
    The 90's X-Men toon actually had an anime intro when the show was picked up over there. Some of you may have already seen it but for those who have not, here they are. Keep in mind, this anime was back in the 90's, so it ain't high quality or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjJywCyY2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDtHh5Sw79I
    Last edited by Tuan; 03-02-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
    The 90's X-Men toon actually had an anime intro when the show was picked up over there. Some of you may have already seen it but for those who have not, here they are. Keep in mind, this anime was back in the 90's, so it ain't high quality or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjJywCyY2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDtHh5Sw79I
    I saw it back when X-Men first hit syndication 10 years ago. But there were no VAs there. The closest we got to it were the Capcom games.
    “What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define. The definers want the power to name. And the defined are now taking that power away from them.”

Wow....thats the coolest X-Men animation Ive ever seen!

I would love to see an X-anime of that quality!

Please... call me Dave metalhead_dave743's Avatar

Eh, I'm impressed with the art, they look a whole hell of a lot better than the American X-Men cartoon in the ninties(which was pretty good then) but at the same time it still has the same Anime-isms that make me dislike that very style in the first place.

Voice cast announced. An article of who is playing who resides below this little blurb. And I'm happy to say, Conroy will be playing Batman in ALL SIX episodes of Gotham Knight. YES YES YES YES YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Warner Premier
    Kevin Conroy, the bench mark by which fans compare all Batman voices, returns to the title role in Batman Gotham Knight, the third release in the DC Universe Animated Original Movie series from DC Comics, Warner Premiere, Warner Home Video and Warner Bros. Animation, it was announced today. The all-new, original movie will street July 8, 2008 on DVD and Blu-ray Disc, as well as OnDemand and Pay-per-View. The film will be available for download on the same date.

Batman Gotham Knight is a fresh and exciting new entry into the Batman mythos, spinning out of a 40-year history in animation including the Emmy®-winning Batman: The Animated Series, widely considered a pivotal moment in American animation. A cross section of distinguished creators, award-winning producers, and acclaimed writers weave six interlocking stories that reveal Bruce Wayne's journey to The Dark Knight, each with stylish art from some of the world's most revered animation visionaries.

Conroy set the standard for modern day Batman voices with his performance in Batman: The Animated Series, The New Adventures of Batman and Robin and The New Batman Superman Adventures. He reprised the role as an aging Bruce Wayne playing mentor to a new Caped Crusader in Batman Beyond. Animation legend and Batman Gotham Knight producer Bruce Timm said Conroy was the obvious choice for both widespread fan approval and to provide an overriding sense of continuity within a film in which Batman appears in so many new, visual variations.

"Anytime we initiate an animated Batman project, 'Will Kevin Conroy voice Batman?' is the first question we hear from fans," said Bruce Timm , Executive Producer. "To meet Kevin is to know that he's not anything like Batman, and yet he manages to perfectly nail that indefinable element that is Batman. He's got the voice, he's got the acting chops, and he's absolutely the best man for the job."

Conroy provided a central, rallying point for a cast that perfectly meshes stars of some of today's highest rated primetime television series with many of the most popular voiceover actors in the business. Gary Dourdan (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation) and Ana Ortiz (Ugly Betty) are heard in multiple segments of the six-story film as police detectives Crispus Allen and Anna Ramirez, key members of a special unit who learn to trust the Dark Knight's motives. Parminder Nagra (ER, Bend It Like Beckham) supplies the voice of Cassandra, a mystical Indian woman who teaches Bruce Wayne to endure and manage his pain. David McCallum (Navy NCIS, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Great Escape) takes on the role of loyal servant Alfred. George Newbern (Father of the Bride) and Alanna Ubach (Legally Blonde) also join the cast.

The cast also features popular voice over artists Corey Burton, Rob Paulsen, Kevin Michael Richardson, Will Friedle, Jason Marsden, Jim Meskimen, Pat Musick, Scott Menville, Hynden Walch, Corey Padnos and Crystal Scales.

Batman Gotham Knight will be available on DVD for $19.98 SRP. There will also be a 2-disc Special Edition DVD available for $29.98 SRP which contains over 100 minutes of bonus features plus 4 bonus episodes. All the content fr m the 2-disc Special Edition DVD will be available on Blu-ray Disc for $34.99 SRP.

Batman Gotham Knight 2-disc Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray Disc will feature incredible extras including:

"Batman and Me a Devotion of Destiny: The Bob Kane Story" - The comprehensive chronology of the remarkable life of the creator of Batman.

"A Mirror for the Bat: The Evil Denizens of Gotham City" - A stimulating documentary covering Gotham City's most nefarious of characters, combined with a look into the symbiotic relationship Batman shares with his enemies.

"Batman: The Animated Series" Bonus Episodes - Bruce Timm selects his favorite episodes from Batman: The Animated Series.

"Sneak Peek: Wonder Woman" - DC Universe animated original movie

Audio Commentary - Featuring the filmmakers of Gotham Knight.

Widescreen (1.78:1)

5.1 Dolby Digital

Batman Gotham Knight was headed by an impressive list of directors who have brought their distinctly different anime styles to the classic Batman character. The production was divided among three renowned studios – Studio 4ºC, Production I.G and Madhouse – and included the truly inimitable visions of directors Shojiro Nishimi, Futoshi Higashide, Hiroshi Morioka, Yasuhiro Aoki and Toshiyuki Kubooka. With stories written by several of the most talented writers of film , comic books, and animation, including Academy Award®-nominated screenwriter Josh Olson (A History of Violence), David S. Goyer (Batman Begins), Emmy®-winner Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series), Jordan Goldberg (Associate Producer, The Dark Knight), and award-winning comics writers Greg Rucka and Brian Azzarello, Batman Gotham Knight presents thrilling new adventures of Batman that spotlight several of Gotham City's most dangerous villains, including the fearsome Scarecrow, the freakish Killer Croc and the unnerving marksman known as Deadshot. Batman Gotham Knight is produced by Emma Thomas (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight), Michael Uslan & Benja m in Melniker (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight), Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) and Toshi Hiruma.

Hot Sex On A Platter PamGrierOverdrive's Avatar

I had no interest in this when I saw the awful sneak peek on the awful New Frontier DVD, but given Conroy's involvement (and the pedigree of the writers involved), I'll give it a shot. Just not a big fan of anime, particularly on a Batman project.

ABOUT TIME: Kevin Conroy to Voice Batman in "Gotham Knight"

Fan Favorite Kevin Conroy returns to the benchmark title role for "Batman: Gotham Knight," the newest DC Universe animated film, released July 8, 2008.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=13437

Quote Originally Posted by andy khouri View Post
    ABOUT TIME: Kevin Conroy to Voice Batman in "Gotham Knight"

Fan Favorite Kevin Conroy returns to the benchmark title role for "Batman: Gotham Knight," the newest DC Universe animated film, released July 8, 2008.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=13437
    Beat ya to it there buddy.