Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Deadpool Comics?

Since The Deadpool and Cable series is coming to an end, has there been any confirmation on a new Deadpool series?

Not that I've seen, but people say Way will be writing one (will be announced in the Summer).

At least for now, we have Wolverine: Origins.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Axel Alfonso confirmed in an interview at Marvel.com that Deadpool will get a new solo title in December. I'm hoping that the rumored Way/Dillion team is not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    Axel Alfonso confirmed in an interview at Marvel.com that Deadpool will get a new solo title in December. I'm hoping that the rumored Way/Dillion team is not true.
    Wizard had an exclusive about it awhile back.

It's true.

Marvel has put one of my least favorite writers and artists on one of my favorite characters but dammit, I'm going to find a silverlining in this book.

(such as the fact that Deadpool is getting a new ongoing at all)
    Last edited by Dr. Chaos; 02-11-2008 at 10:49 PM.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    Wizard had an exclusive about it awhile back.

It's true.

Marvel has put one of my least favorite writers and artists on one of my favorite characters but dammit, I'm going to find a silverlining in this book.
    Here's hoping there run is a short one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    Here's hoping there run is a short one.
    Here's hoping that Gail, Fabe or somebody that doesn't completely such (Way) gets on board quickly
    the preceding announcement was paid for by the new World order
    Got paranormal problems? Contact Boarderline Investigations. (*17) 555 - 2368. Ask for Hannibal

Why no Fabe on this? Cause he wrote a great Deadpool?

Maybe Fabe is off writing that Bob, Agent of Hydra mini I have been praying for.

I'm crossing my fingers as well

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
    Why no Fabe on this? Cause he wrote a great Deadpool?

Maybe Fabe is off writing that Bob, Agent of Hydra mini I have been praying for.
    I think Fabe is busy writing the new DC weekly series Trinity, since he's doing all the backups behind Busiek. That's like two or three books by itself.

Sigh.If they put off Deadpool,then there's no more quirky lines from Deadpool and it'd be boring.We have to wait till summer for them to launch a new title.Noooooo.

If Bob, Agent of Hydra is not in the Deadpool series in some way, I will be severely angry! Those two characters work sooooo well together!

Marvel has a talent for putting sucky people on good books. I still can't bare to see Humberto Ramos destroy my beloved Runaways with his (in my personal opinion) horrible ridiculous-looking art.

I don't really read and X-titles. I have to say though, I don't know why Deadpool is going to be on such a back-burner. Everyone I know or talk with at my LCS only gets Cable and Deadpool for the merc, and has no interest in the new Cable series. Is my LCS so out of touch or is there something I'm not getting as to why Cable is getting a book soon and Deadpool is not till Dec?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryson the Red View Post
    I don't really read and X-titles. I have to say though, I don't know why Deadpool is going to be on such a back-burner.
    Because Deadpool with be in Wolverine Origins and Marvel Comics Presents arguably the worst creative and comercial titles Marvel is releasing at the moment.

Everyone I know or talk with at my LCS only gets Cable and Deadpool for the merc, and has no interest in the new Cable series. Is my LCS so out of touch or is there something I'm not getting as to why Cable is getting a book soon and Deadpool is not till Dec?
    If Cable was an ongoing but its a maxi-series. So when it ends Deadpool will begin... do I like it.... no .....do I like seeing my favorite comics eliminated for titles that seem shallow

2007 Mutant League Champion

I don't really read and X-titles. I have to say though, I don't know why Deadpool is going to be on such a back-burner. Everyone I know or talk with at my LCS only gets Cable and Deadpool for the merc, and has no interest in the new Cable series. Is my LCS so out of touch or is there something I'm not getting as to why Cable is getting a book soon and Deadpool is not till Dec?
    I don't read a lot of X-Titles either, so it was a long road for my friend to get me into Cable and Deadpool. But I was convinced very early on in the series that it was a great series. As for Cable getting his series....I understand why he is getting a series before Deadpool, since he's such an important part of all that Messiah Complex nonsense running around right now. And that is also why he had to leave Cable and Deadpool. I get it.

As long as Deadpool comes back in his own series and not just ridiculous nonsense like the various Wolverine things (prepping for the movie, which Deadpool is supposed to appear in), I will be satisfied.

If Bob is in it as well, I will be ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStarIV View Post
    Marvel has a talent for putting sucky people on good books. I still can't bare to see Humberto Ramos destroy my beloved Runaways with his (in my personal opinion) horrible ridiculous-looking art.
    I have never bought an issue of Runaways, but I will be buying the Ramos run for the art alone. So Ramos is making me a new Runaways convert.