Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    hang the dj
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    56

    Default The 2008 Queeries

    Hey! Comic Book Queers is gearing up for our second annual awards ceremony, which will probably primarily involve liquor and drag. But really, what doesn't these days?

    We're looking for nominees! Please submit nominations to us@comicbookqueers.com. Here are the categories:


    Best Portrayal of a Queer Character in Mainstream Comics

    Best Out Queer Creator

    Best Near-Queer Creator (and I'm posting on YABS for a REASON, dammit!)

    Best Queer Indie Book

    Best Non-Queer Artist Who Draws Awesome Asses

    Creator Who Looks Most Like they Would Have a Manly but Alluring Scent, Like the Smell of the Forest, or in the Case of Women, Like that of a Beautiful English Tea Garden

  2. #2
    America's Sweetheart Pink Bat Maxine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth T
    Posts
    9,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj View Post
    Hey! Comic Book Queers is gearing up for our second annual awards ceremony, which will probably primarily involve liquor and drag. But really, what doesn't these days?

    We're looking for nominees! Please submit nominations to us@comicbookqueers.com. Here are the categories:


    Best Portrayal of a Queer Character in Mainstream Comics

    Best Out Queer Creator

    Best Near-Queer Creator (and I'm posting on YABS for a REASON, dammit!)

    Best Queer Indie Book

    Best Non-Queer Artist Who Draws Awesome Asses

    Creator Who Looks Most Like they Would Have a Manly but Alluring Scent, Like the Smell of the Forest, or in the Case of Women, Like that of a Beautiful English Tea Garden
    hmmmm.....

    I only went to your sight once, listened to a podcast, and was promptly turned off by someone saying something akin to 'who cares about Trannies? Fuck them!'

    That the overall attitude there? Should I not bother?

    (And...... Gail, Near Queer? She seems pretty straight to me....)

  3. #3
    Elder Member Gail Simone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    in the yard
    Posts
    16,595

    Default

    I love the Queeries.

    It's the same thing as Geektress, the perfect answer for people who are bigoted.

    Sure, you may hate women or gays or both, BUT LOOK AT THE FUN YOU'RE MISSING, MORON!

    :)

    Gail

  4. #4
    America's Sweetheart Pink Bat Maxine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth T
    Posts
    9,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    I love the Queeries.

    It's the same thing as Geektress, the perfect answer for people who are bigoted.

    Sure, you may hate women or gays or both, BUT LOOK AT THE FUN YOU'RE MISSING, MORON!

    :)

    Gail
    Apparently they love you too....

    Who's in charge there, actually? I've kept my distance for the above mentioned reason, and I should probably check in with someone about what the actual deal is instead of just harboring distant resentment and not trying to work things out.
    Last edited by Pink Bat Maxine; 02-05-2008 at 04:55 PM.

  5. #5
    Poison Pen15 Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Huntington, WV
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Bat Maxine View Post
    hmmmm.....

    I only went to your sight once, listened to a podcast, and was promptly turned off by someone saying something akin to 'who cares about Trannies? Fuck them!'

    That the overall attitude there? Should I not bother?
    But I say that ALL THE TIME!



    And THEY were probably joking. ;)


    --Dazz

    "ZINGO!" -- Dazzler, Dazzler #4.

    New Sketchblog: www.fatkidredhat.blogspot.com

  6. #6
    America's Sweetheart Pink Bat Maxine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth T
    Posts
    9,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    But I say that ALL THE TIME!
    No, no. You say "I hate YOU, Christine" all the time. That's different.

  7. #7
    Poison Pen15 Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Huntington, WV
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Bat Maxine View Post
    No, no. You say "I hate YOU, Christine" all the time. That's different.
    Oh...RIGHT.

    Well, I knew I was hatin' on some beotches for SOME reason or another.

    --Dazz

    "ZINGO!" -- Dazzler, Dazzler #4.

    New Sketchblog: www.fatkidredhat.blogspot.com

  8. #8
    America's Sweetheart Pink Bat Maxine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth T
    Posts
    9,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Oh...RIGHT.

    Well, I knew I was hatin' on some beotches for SOME reason or another.

    --Dazz
    'cause you a hatah!

  9. #9
    of the CBR Illuminati! Sabrinaset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Earth 616.5
    Posts
    18,338

    Default

    Maybe they were talking about transmissions? I prefer stick-shifts, myself!

  10. #10
    America's Sweetheart Pink Bat Maxine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth T
    Posts
    9,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrinaset View Post
    Maybe they were talking about transmissions? I prefer stick-shifts, myself!
    You and your toys...... :D

  11. #11
    of the CBR Illuminati! Sabrinaset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Earth 616.5
    Posts
    18,338

    Default

    SOMEBODY hasta keep the economy going here, darnit!

  12. #12
    Good for what ails you WhiteRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oz. Please ignore the man behind the curtain
    Posts
    2,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrinaset View Post
    SOMEBODY hasta keep the economy going here, darnit!
    It's a proud job you do Bree. The vibrator industry thanks you for your, ah...'tireless efforts'.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •