You may be aware of the comic blogging toplist that I launched recently, The Comic Blog Elite, which is designed to comprise all the best comic-related blogs on the Net. Because the World Wide Web is a big expansive place (as hinted by the words "World", "Wide", and even "Web"), trying to find and contact every blog that fits my geeky interests is a daunting task...
I'm hoping you can help by sharing with me your five favorite/most frequently visited/must-read comic-related blogs! (And while we're on the subject, don't be shy about letting your favorite sites know about the CBE toplist, so they can take their spot at the top!)
Here are my current Top 5 comic-related blogs:
1. The Beat -- The Publishers Weekly blog on comic culture, run by Heidi McDonald, is an excellent catch all for the big spandex-clad news of the day AND the smaller, insider items.
2. Chris' Invincible Super Blog -- The ISB is like a karate kick to the face... only funnier and with less damage to the tooth enamel. The reliable daily posts rotate between ridiculous comedic nonsense to well-thought out reviews (also funny).
3. Geek Parenting -- This site focuses on the whole of geek culture (not just comics), with a slant toward the interests of that rare breed of geek who has managed to find a lifemate and actually procreate. I recently joined that elite class of geek and have a 4-month-old geek-to-be baby girl at home, so this site is right up my alley.
4. Dave's Long Box -- Another fun and funny blog like the ISB, but with more of a focus on reviews and analysis. It's the thinking man's nonsense.
5. Mike Sterling's Progressive Ruin -- If for no other reason, the awesomely bleak name of the site.