Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Man (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by PamGrierOverdrive View Post
    This movie will only work if it has balls. Given Johnston's track record, I smell PG-13 bullshit.
    Well, maybe Johnston will go crazy with the film. I mean this is his first Horror film so give him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DWEarhart View Post
    Universal has released images of Del Toro in full wolf makeup. Plus, an interview with Rick Baker.

Looks cool. I dig werewolves. I like Baker. I like Del Toro. I like Anthony Hopkins. It ends there.
    I'm impressed with the make-up & there's no CGI! Rick Baker also did An American Werewolf in London which took all day for the character's complete transformation...

This movie will only work if it has balls. Given Johnston's track record, I smell PG-13 bullshit.
    Yeah, I remember that Hard R the original was. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOo Bloody, and R rated.
    We'd like to wish EZMOHR all the best in his future....ah forget it.

Hot Sex On A Platter PamGrierOverdrive's Avatar

Yeah, can't say I really give a shit about the original. Also can't say I really give a shit about a werewolf movie at this point if it isn't rated R. My mind is made up about this film.

END OF DISCUSSION!

Cheering the apocalypse DWEarhart's Avatar
    For what's on my mind: Destination Yes (back with a vengeance)

"Opinions, assholes, and elbows..."

"The internet is the greatest invention for schizophrenics everywhere." - DWEarhart

"Well that was back in the day, and if you weren't there, it doesn't matter anyway because you wouldn't understand." - Megadeth.

"You need people like me. We do the jobs you :rolleyes: morally significant refuse to do."

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CCI: "The Wolf Man"

Legendary make-up artist, Rick Baker and surprise guests Benicio Del Toro and Emily Blunt spoke with Comic-Con attendees about the upcoming remake of the classic monster film, "The Wolf Man."

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17523

That shot of Del Toro as Wolfie is fairly reminiscent of the classic film, but it still looks modern. I like it.

The original Wolf Man is a favorite of mine. In watch it at least once a year, if not more. And while I know I'll always have the original Lon Chaney Jr. movie . . . I sure hope this is good.

In the interview, they said it was like an old-fashioned gothic horror movie, which sounds good to me. It means it probably won't be a mindless gore-fest like some modern horror movies seem to be.

Can't wait!

Yeah, can't say I really give a shit about the original. Also can't say I really give a shit about a werewolf movie at this point if it isn't rated R. My mind is made up about this film.

END OF DISCUSSION!
    Well then, I guess you "don't give a shit" about one of the true classics of the monster horror genre.

I have to tell you, there's a reason why the Universal Monsters are icons. They wrote the book on how to do monster movies and they did it without relying on blood and gore. That stuff, that's just pandering to the lowest common denominator. It's exploitative and people knew that once. And the Wolf Man doesn't need it.

.....she gets her god like powers from my side of the family

......... needs abbot and costello - heck every movie could use a little abbot and costello

Guess I'll be Mr. Funsucker...

Wolf Man was the weakest of all the Universal monsters. It was more of a star vehicle then a monster movie. Chaney Jr. wasn't a great actor and don't push this "Well he got an Oscar for playing Lenny". Hate to tell you this, but it wasn't that big a reach for him.

The story was great until it got ruined because Chaney can't do accents. And the makeup was crap.

I'm hoping this remake sticks more with Guy Endore then re-edited Sidomak.
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post

Wolf Man was the weakest of all the Universal monsters. It was more of a star vehicle then a monster movie. Chaney Jr. wasn't a great actor and don't push this "Well he got an Oscar for playing Lenny". Hate to tell you this, but it wasn't that big a reach for him.

The story was great until it got ruined because Chaney can't do accents. And the makeup was crap.

Really? I thought Wolf Man was one of the stronger ones, at least for the initial movies in each series. But then, different strokes for different folks. Which one was your favorite?

Oh, and I saw some of the trailer shown at Comic-Con and it looks like PamGrierOverdrive may get his/her wish. Oh well, no skin off my nose. I still have my classic Wolf Man DVD.

.....she gets her god like powers from my side of the family

......i always liked how the savage wolf man always kept his shirt tucked in and buttoned up to his neck - shirt cuffs too - grrrr - guess fake hair was pricey back then

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post

why would Chaney have to do an accent? wasn't he an american in the film? are you referring to Lugosi?

p.s. i think the Mummy was the weakest one.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time