Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
    Imagine Cosmo + Rocket Raccoon...
    Rocket MUST ride Cosmo

he MUST

meanwhile, i'll be so saddened if the Guardians team doesnt include EVERYONE who makes it out alive from Conquest.

last thing i need is another Young X-Men...
    (see: how to completely put a fantastic team through a shredder, and create a new one using scraps and Rockslide)

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    As we continue our SUPER NOVA WEEKEND, we speak with new penciller Paul Pelletier, who takes over the title with issue #11 and show off more exclusive art from the issue.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12871
    Nifty. I really like Pelletier's take on the Technarchy.
    Expletive Deleted

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
    Imagine Cosmo + Rocket Raccoon...
    After reading DnA's interview, I'm thinking that Knowhere might end up being the Guardians' headquarters.

So . . . hey, it could happen.
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Nifty. I really like Pelletier's take on the Technarchy.
    Yeah, it's certainly the most detailed stuff I've seen from him so I don't envy the inker at all.

BTW in another string of planets named after creators, anyone notice the Technarchy planet "Kvch" is named after Bill Sienkiewicz? It's mostly named after the pronunciation of Bill's last part of his last name.

Of the line of Krefayle Enigmanaut's Avatar

Horray! Warlock looks like Warlock again! I never liked that whole "Douglock" crap they came up with in the 90s. It wasn't Doug and it wasn't really Warlock. It was pretty much the least likable elements of both, with all of Warlock's original personality bled out of him.

Now though, he looks like he's reverted to the Warlock I knew from the New Mutants days, and it's awesome that he took his cue on Warlock's looks from Art Adams, as I always felt Adams did the best, nay definitive version of Warlock. I know Sienkiewicz created him, but I think Adams really perfected his look.
    "The beginning needn't be rational, just so long as the end is."
    --Nathan Spring

"This is my Timey-Wimey Detector. It goes "bing" when there's stuff." --The Doctor.

Some art I threw together.

Mild-Mannered Reporter

“Nova Annual” #1 gives readers an in-depth look into Richard Rider’s past and present by three different artists. We close out SUPER NOVA WEEKEND by taking with one of those artists, Mahmud Asrar.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12874

Wow... the Annul is looking kind of trippy. And what's with the future vision? Gamora and Phyla-Vell as part of Nova Corps? Almost seems like a downgrade for them... and Wendell is looking... Lucy-in-the-Sky/Firelord-ish. Honestly, I can't wait! Between this and Warlock, good times ahead.
    Everyone has a price. Some are cheaper than others.

The solution to every problem you'll ever have: get over it.

Fire. Wang Fire.

Of the line of Krefayle Enigmanaut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    “Nova Annual” #1 gives readers an in-depth look into Richard Rider’s past and present by three different artists. We close out SUPER NOVA WEEKEND by taking with one of those artists, Mahmud Asrar.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12874
    WENDELL!!! WENDELL!!! WENDELL!!! WENDELL!!! WENDELL!!!
    "The beginning needn't be rational, just so long as the end is."
    --Nathan Spring

"This is my Timey-Wimey Detector. It goes "bing" when there's stuff." --The Doctor.

Some art I threw together.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmanaut View Post
    WENDELL!!! WENDELL!!! WENDELL!!! WENDELL!!! WENDELL!!!
    Woohoo!
    I'm just curious how Phylla got the Bands off.
    Honestly, I really like her as a Nova Centurion.

Quote Originally Posted by wallred View Post
    Woohoo!

Hmmm... Phyla's a Nova there. I guess that's one more name the Vell's can chalk beneath their belt.

Not sure I dig the helmut on her, but I'm curious about the long hair. And the suit looks okay on her. Her not having the bands is kinda weird too, since she appears to still have her hands.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Thumbs up

I bet it's a transmode virus dream. Either way . . . kick ass!
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by wallred View Post
    Woohoo!
    Nova is half-mad from the transmode virus. It's a dream, not a vision.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hmmm... Phyla's a Nova there. I guess that's one more name the Vell's can chalk beneath their belt.
    And hey I thought that Nova Centurion was a rank in the Nova Corps, not a superhero mantle. But hey, I could be wrong. I mean, I'm not, but still... :rolleyes:

Not sure I dig the helmut on her, but I'm curious about the long hair. And the suit looks okay on her. Her not having the bands is kinda weird too, since she appears to still have her hands.
    Again, this is a dream. And look at what Phyla says, it's clear that this is a dream of the future (not a vision, before anyone gets excited, it's just a dream about a future made up by Rich that isn't set in stone).

Bloody Hell Wendell fans, it's like pulling teeth without all the fun drugs... Enigmanaut has the right idea, be happy without trying to extract some meaning from it.
    Last edited by DaeJi; 02-03-2008 at 10:25 PM.

Fire. Wang Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by DaeJi View Post
    Nova is half-mad from the transmode virus. It's a dream, not a vision.

And hey I thought that Nova Centurion was a rank in the Nova Corps, not a superhero mantle. But hey, I could be wrong. I mean, I'm not, but still... :rolleyes:

Again, this is a dream. And look at what Phyla says, it's clear that this is a dream of the future (not a vision, before anyone gets excited, it's just a dream about a future made up by Rich that isn't set in stone).

Bloody Hell Wendell fans, it's like pulling teeth without all the fun drugs... Enigmanaut has the right idea, be happy without trying to extract some meaning from it.
    Before you go "bloody helling" Wendel fans, consider this is an internet board. We're given a few images in a preview, so naturally we're just dissecting some of the interesting bits from it. Trying to extract meaning is what people do from previes, Wendel related or not. They mention that she gave up the bands, and given the rules of the bands it's a simple curiosity that's brought up. Maybe it's even an intentional mistake that's a clue it's a dream, I don't know... but it's certainly a valid enough observation to raise.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Before you go "bloody helling" Wendel fans
    I'll Bloody Hell who I want and you'll Bloody Hell like it :p.

Really though, it's fairly clear to me that it's a dream. So it's basically a story Rich is making up in his head. Though I do like Wendell's new look, and wouldn't mind seeing him return with some funky new powers.

Fire. Wang Fire.