Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default NOVA WEEKEND: DnA talk "Nova" + "Annihilation"

As part of our NOVA WEEKEND, CBR previews exclusive artwork by Paul Pelletier and speaks with writers Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning about why "Nova" is so important to "Annihilation: Conquest."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12866

Well I new it wouldn't be long before Nova face off against Big G again, especially in the light of the original Annihilation event. :(

Those pages by Paul Pelletier are amazing.
    Aaron - That JonoGuy

Paul's art looks amazing, especially the panel where the techo-phage discorporates/breaks his body apart and makes him flow into the metallic surface he's impacted upon. I'm looking foward to Rich meeting Warlock, The New Mutant version selfriend in 12 as well as returning to Conquest prper to deal with Ultron..I hope we get to see a Nova/Ultron fight with Starlord and Co finishing him off before heading to Knowhere to set up operations with Cosmo! And better still a Silver Surfer/Galactus fight on the horizon too. Stellar. But now, can't wait for the Annual cause you new Nova readers are in for a treat to see how everything began for Rich back in 1976! Daz.
    Contributor for Nova Prime (Deviant Art and Nova Prime Page!

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Thumbs up

Cosmo in the Guardians. He was on my wish list but not even a guess. I hope that happens.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Of the line of Krefayle Enigmanaut's Avatar

I'm not really sure, but have Nova and Warlock met before? Will 'Lock recognize Nova?
    "The beginning needn't be rational, just so long as the end is."
    --Nathan Spring

"This is my Timey-Wimey Detector. It goes "bing" when there's stuff." --The Doctor.

Some art I threw together.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmanaut View Post
    I'm not really sure, but have Nova and Warlock met before? Will 'Lock recognize Nova?
    During the Infinity series, Warlock hung out with pretty much every hero in NYC including Nova. I don't think they ever hung out though... Nova was just one guy in a pretty big bunch. He might not recognize him, especially in his present frame of mind.

Of the line of Krefayle Enigmanaut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    During the Infinity series, Warlock hung out with pretty much every hero in NYC including Nova. I don't think they ever hung out though... Nova was just one guy in a pretty big bunch. He might not recognize him, especially in his present frame of mind.
    I didn't mean Adam... would'a said Adam. I meant Technarchy/New Mutant Warlock.
    "The beginning needn't be rational, just so long as the end is."
    --Nathan Spring

"This is my Timey-Wimey Detector. It goes "bing" when there's stuff." --The Doctor.

Some art I threw together.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

I didn't mean Adam... would'a said Adam. I meant Technarchy/New Mutant Warlock.
    NEW MUTANTS v1 was winding down just as NEW WARRIORS v1 was getting started. I'm pretty sure Warlock died just prior to the first meeting between the two teams (in the "Kings of Pain" crossover).

Post-resurrection, though, I'm not so sure. I don't think Nova ever met Douglock, but I wouldn't put money on it.
    Expletive Deleted

I was wondering this myself. I was thinking the figure we see Nova fighting just might be Warlock. You watch.

Once they get the virus out of Nova, they will stop fighting him.

Jimmy

Default Dang, Paul is gone soon

Anyone else out there like me looking at Paul's pencil's saying "dang -we're being teased. He'll be gone after a couple of issues."

That stuff looks great. I'm hoping after Pelltier's stint, Alves is back on the book. I'm wondering if Alves was supposed to do Guardians (I believe it was Mr. Rosemann said look for him on a project after his Nova issues) and Pelltier was supposed to do Nova. But it may have been decided that Pelltier was better for a team book.

Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Cosmo in the Guardians. He was on my wish list but not even a guess. I hope that happens.
    Imagine Cosmo + Rocket Raccoon...

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    NEW MUTANTS v1 was winding down just as NEW WARRIORS v1 was getting started. I'm pretty sure Warlock died just prior to the first meeting between the two teams (in the "Kings of Pain" crossover).

Post-resurrection, though, I'm not so sure. I don't think Nova ever met Douglock, but I wouldn't put money on it.
    As far as I can tell Nova had never met Selfriend Warlock. I never read a lot of New Mutants but I'm well aware Doug/Warlock was an immensely popular character. I do recall his appearences in the Phalanx Covenent and his later membership to Excalibur cause I've always been fascinated by the technarchy so I'm looking forward a lot to their appearence in Nova's next few issues.
    Contributor for Nova Prime (Deviant Art and Nova Prime Page!

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
    Imagine Cosmo + Rocket Raccoon...
    *Head explodes*

*Dies*

:D
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Mild-Mannered Reporter

As we continue our SUPER NOVA WEEKEND, we speak with new penciller Paul Pelletier, who takes over the title with issue #11 and show off more exclusive art from the issue.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12871