Default EXCLUSIVE: Willingham Explains "Salvation Run" Departure

Fan favorite writer Bill Willingham has unexpectedly left DC's “Salvation Run” with issue #3, turning the title over to "Jack of Fables" co-writer Matthew Sturges. In this exclusive piece, Willingham tells CBR News why.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12833

Your Dipping Sauce Bitch. Taniwha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andy khouri View Post
    Fan favorite writer Bill Willingham has unexpectedly left DC's “Salvation Run” with issue #3, turning the title over to "Jack of Fables" co-writer Matthew Sturges. In this exclusive piece, Willingham tells CBR News why.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12833
    I wasn't even aware he was the one writing it. Well, best of luck to him on his health!

But I didn't like Salvation Run. It seemed WAY too derivative of the Civil War Marvel Limbo Gulag idea.

I hope Bill Willingham's health improves and wish him good luck with his recovery.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    I hope Bill Willingham's health improves and wish him good luck with his recovery.
    Yeah both him and Steve Gerber.

In that interview, he really comes off as a load.

I did like Salvation Run though.

I hope Willingham has a speedy recovery from whatever this illness is.

And I'm glad this doesn't impact the Fables books at all. Those are more important.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Sorry to hear he's under the weather... he made the right call sticking with Fables, rather than a book he supposedly had the plot points written out for him by editorial.

I prefer Willingham on Fables to any DC hero book. I started buying Robin when he was on it, and was really mystified how a guy who was so wonderful on Fables could be so off his game on that. And on Salvation Run, I've been scratching my head on some of the character work, too.

But, may he stick to the holy diet of Sprite, Campbell's chicken soup, and Cherry NyQuil that can kill any and all forms of disease. It's like modern society's snake oil.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Thank God this hasn't impacted Fables. You hear that Willingham! Come rain or shine no matter how in misery you are you better still be working on Fables! But seriously I hope he gets better quick.
    "You know the weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Bears pus and poison. Taints the world, makes God a lie." - Garth Ennis' The Shadow

When I saw that Sturges was taking over, I figured Willingham's workload with FABLES and JACK was too much. Sturges took over SHADOWPACT too, it seems, plus he's Willingham's co-writer on JACK so I figured the books wouldn't suffer.

Good to hear, despite being under the weather, Bill is still able to stick with FABLES.