Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is the best X-Men story that I have read so far ! I really like Ellis Astonishing too but the second was not as good as the other.

I'm sure Way's Astonishing will be great too !
    Last edited by KusaSan; 03-09-2011 at 12:23 PM.

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts."

Also, Whedon's Astonishing X-Men wasn't good.

Also-also, on the whole, Ellis had some good ideas, but the execution was dull and plodding. It picked up at the last minute with the story about exploding babies in Africa. His heart didn't seem into it. It's too bad, really.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

only fodxp likes agent brand - she's so garbage

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by KusaSan View Post
    Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is the best X-Men story that I have read so far ! I really like Ellis Astonishing too but the second was not as good as the other.

I'm sure Way's Astonishing will be great too !
    I love the redoubtable, indomitable French optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    You are not allowed to create opinion threads.
    Not an opinion thread, he gives reasons as to why he thinks so highly of it.

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    So, you're saying he expresses his opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy55 View Post
    She turns back into Polaris this summer, right?

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I love Whedon's Astonishing.
    Ellis run is better than it is credited,
    but the delays killed it.
    His dialogue is spot
    I absolutely agree with everything said here!!! I love Joss Whedon's run (it reads soooooo well as 4 TPB's. And Warren Ellis' run, in time, will get more respect (once people forget about the delays). The same with Joss Whedon's Runaways arc. It WAS excellent... just so badly delayed, it killed the comic.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Ellis may have pissed out the worst villain/motivations i've ever seen in an x-book. No small achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Torpor View Post
    Ellis may have pissed out the worst villain/motivations i've ever seen in an x-book. No small achievement.
    I won't argue over the 'terrible' angle, but exactly *how* is it worse than every villain who's tried to do horrible *horrible* things to [insert name of any A/B-list x-woman]??

Wheelchair-of-death-guy just wanted them dead because they were hot and he thought they overplayed the 'hated and feared' angle. I could think of worse and God knows i don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    ?

Wheelchair-of-death-guy just wanted them dead because they were hot and he thought they overplayed the 'hated and feared' angle.
    Even re-hashed in post, it sounds as freshly ridiculous as ever.

A bit too cute and smirky of a motivation. Fell flat. Like most of Nextwave. Yes.

The punch at the end was either the forced over-the-top moment that really didn't tickle anyone or it was just the last errant gas fume being let out of the proverbial balloon.

I *agreed* it was terrible. My point was that it beats the classic rape-centric plot.

As in 'hey, it was bad, but it didn't feel like I was commiting a felony for merely reading the thing'.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I won't argue over the 'terrible' angle, but exactly *how* is it worse than every villain who's tried to do horrible *horrible* things to [insert name of any A/B-list x-woman]??

Wheelchair-of-death-guy just wanted them dead because they were hot and he thought they overplayed the 'hated and feared' angle. I could think of worse and God knows i don't want to.
    the whole Ugly Muties wanna kills wonderful looking X-men is ridiculous
    i thought he would pick up the Cassandra Nova plot from the Whedon's AXM
    it's just a LET DOWN for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy55 View Post
    Wrong, so does Kieron Gillen and Steven Sanders. At least those two didn't piss and s*** themselves over some clunky future sentinels that were all beaten by a little girl.

Prodigy=Bill Paxton from Aliens.

I love the redoubtable, indomitable French optimism!
    No kidding, I still have qualms about Way and Pearson, but issue #36 was entertaining for what it was. Not worth a purchase, but not bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    Agreed, D@N piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    So, you're saying he expresses his opinion?
    Oh, give it a rest you two, this is a legitimate thread and stop trying to play mini-mods, you just look like baffoons when you do it.

She turns back into Polaris this summer, right?
    Nope, Abby's here to stay and Lorna is out in KFC Space Limbo, face it, people WANT ABIGAIL BRAND, NOT Polaris. Hence doomed to spend eternity in KFC space Limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I absolutely agree with everything said here!!! I love Joss Whedon's run (it reads soooooo well as 4 TPB's. And Warren Ellis' run, in time, will get more respect (once people forget about the delays). The same with Joss Whedon's Runaways arc. It WAS excellent... just so badly delayed, it killed the comic.
    Ellis' run was great, and honestly, was the closest and truest sequel to Grant Morrison's work, even Phil Jimenez stated so in that free issue sketch book for Astonishing X-Men/Amazing Spider-Man.

Ellis had them act like a team, true they followed Scott's orders, but he was more than open to his team mates giving him feed back and advice. Also, Ellis' X-Men went on RESCUE AND EMERGENCY missions, every single one.

Even re-hashed in post, it sounds as freshly ridiculous as ever.

A bit too cute and smirky of a motivation. Fell flat. Like most of Nextwave. Yes.

The punch at the end was either the forced over-the-top moment that really didn't tickle anyone or it was just the last errant gas fume being let out of the proverbial balloon.
    It was supposed to be quirky and fun, Ellis wanted Phil Jimenez to have a fun time drawing that arc. Warren is totally cool with the artists showing their talent.

Polaris is unpopular, but no one wants Abigail Brand.

I have to agree with the original poster. I just finished vol. 6 tpb and just wow. What a great read!! THIS book is my main x-book. Fantastic. Art, story, characterization, it's all there. Fantastic.

PS - I love Agent Brand!!!!