Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 378
  1. #61
    Safeword!! RafiShai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Wouldn't it be hilarrious if the final issue NEVER comes out? (the sad kind of hillarious)

    For some reason, I could see that totally happening with Marvel. I mean, they did it with Ult Wolvie vs. Hulk (or did that eventually come out? I never cared for that book)...

  2. #62
    Veteran Member Flâneur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo! View Post
    Does it? How did his return erase the unselfish act he committed to save mutants from the Legacy Virus? His sacrifice still saved untold numbers of mutants.
    It was no less unselfish but it was no longer a sacrifice - he gave up his life in the name of saving others. It becomes much less of a sacrifice if he got a refund on that death. Resurrection has robbed his death of power despite leaving his morals intact.

    Quote Originally Posted by RafiShai View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarrious if the final issue NEVER comes out? (the sad kind of hillarious)

    For some reason, I could see that totally happening with Marvel. I mean, they did it with Ult Wolvie vs. Hulk (or did that eventually come out? I never cared for that book)...
    I've been predicting that for a while. It's been my view that a lightning bolt will specifically attack each copy of Astonishing just as it's about to be shipped and that it will be discovered that the interns wacked off into all the ink cartridges - preventing it from coming out for a loooooooooooonnggg time.
    "All things are precipitated by the nature of existence. Nothing, therefore, is unnatural be it bee-hive or termite mound or all our shining, poisoned cities." - Promethea #31

  3. #63
    Safeword!! RafiShai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flâneur View Post
    I've been predicting that for a while. It's been my view that a lightning bolt will specifically attack each copy of Astonishing just as it's about to be shipped and that it will be discovered that the interns wacked off into all the ink cartridges - preventing it from coming out for a loooooooooooonnggg time.
    How insane is it, when something like that actually makes sense?

    Maybe Whedon simply doesn't want anyone else working on his title, so he's holding back the release of the issue?

    *Marvel Offices*
    Joe Q: You see, we just feel that with all the delays the book has been suffering from, maybe we should replace the team working on it-

    Whedon: But it isn't my fault, it's all Cassaday's fault!

    Joe Q: Yeah. Sure. Ummm anyway, you're being replaced with Warren Ellis.

    Whedon: WHAT?! I WILL NEVER ALLOW SUCH A THING! THE LAST ISSUE WILL NEVER COME OUT! Quickly, my disciples, distract him while I give birth to the greatest comic book delay ever seen!

    Joe Q: Secuirty! Ugh, can anyone get these fanboys to stop poking me with their Buffy action figures?!

    ....Or something like that

  4. #64
    Mr. Immortal GreatLakesAvengers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Port Jervis, NY
    Posts
    698

    Default

    I'm a bit confused ... #24 isn't the last issue?! Where is the storyline supposed to wrap up?
    GreatLakesAvengers.com | Cyberspace Comics Blog | swipes | Twitter @ cyberspacecomix

  5. #65
    salt in my porridge jarrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    28,861

    Default

    Morrison's New X-Men was (masturbatory) smart homage. Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is (masturbatory) fanservice nostalgia. There's a difference.

  6. #66
    redemption incarnate Bingo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,995

    Default Seth Green if you're on CBR...

    Quote Originally Posted by RafiShai View Post
    How insane is it, when something like that actually makes sense?

    Maybe Whedon simply doesn't want anyone else working on his title, so he's holding back the release of the issue?

    *Marvel Offices*
    Joe Q: You see, we just feel that with all the delays the book has been suffering from, maybe we should replace the team working on it-

    Whedon: But it isn't my fault, it's all Cassaday's fault!

    Joe Q: Yeah. Sure. Ummm anyway, you're being replaced with Warren Ellis.

    Whedon: WHAT?! I WILL NEVER ALLOW SUCH A THING! THE LAST ISSUE WILL NEVER COME OUT! Quickly, my disciples, distract him while I give birth to the greatest comic book delay ever seen!

    Joe Q: Secuirty! Ugh, can anyone get these fanboys to stop poking me with their Buffy action figures?!

    ....Or something like that
    Quesada vs Whedon!!! Sounds like a Robot Chicken skit waiting to happen.
    Currently Reading:
    Buffy Daredevil Captain Marvel X-Men Ms Marvel GoG Black Science Manhattan Projects

  7. #67
    Veteran Member streator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo! View Post
    Going on six years now.
    uh, no.

    issue 1 came out in july 2004.

    it's coming up on four years since the first issue.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

  8. #68
    Safeword!! RafiShai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streator View Post
    uh, no.

    issue 1 came out in july 2004.

    it's coming up on four years since the first issue.
    There are 12 months a year, 24 in two years. There have only been 24 issues in this book. It should've taken two years, instead - it nearly took four.

    That's almost TWO YEARS of delay.

    You can't tell me that's not unreasonable!

  9. #69
    Veteran Member streator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RafiShai View Post
    There are 12 months a year, 24 in two years. There have only been 24 issues in this book. It should've taken two years, instead - it nearly took four.

    That's almost TWO YEARS of delay.

    You can't tell me that's not unreasonable!
    i can count. i know that the delays have been unreasonable. i was just saying that it hasn't been going on 6 years now.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

  10. #70
    Safeword!! RafiShai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streator View Post
    i can count.
    Never said you couldn't, I was simply stressing out how absurd the delays are

  11. #71
    Why so serious? Phil Hunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    2,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RafiShai View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarrious if the final issue NEVER comes out? (the sad kind of hillarious)

    For some reason, I could see that totally happening with Marvel. I mean, they did it with Ult Wolvie vs. Hulk (or did that eventually come out? I never cared for that book)...
    The second issue of Daredevil: The Target will also never come out, ever. The script is sitting in a drawer somewhere, according to Kevin Smith, and will never see the light of day again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo! View Post
    Quesada vs Whedon!!! Sounds like a Robot Chicken skit waiting to happen.
    Something tells me that Whedon wouldn't go down the "public shouting match" route that Morrison took.

  12. #72
    Safeword!! RafiShai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Whedon would have his disciples (and I've actually talked to one or two) finish fat Joey Q off... It would be an blood filled fight. And it'll end with a fatality. How awesome

  13. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Hindu Kush
    Posts
    59,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Hunn View Post

    Something tells me that Whedon wouldn't go down the "public shouting match" route that Morrison took.
    Correct. Because he doesn't give a damn about Queseda. He's got a television production career.

  14. #74
    Why so serious? Phil Hunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    2,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Correct. Because he doesn't give a damn about Queseda. He's got a television production career.
    There's that, and there's the fact that Whedon didn't have to deal with Bill Jemas.

    Billy J really got on Morrison's nerves, from the sounds of things...

  15. #75
    colorlusting Kid Icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,862

    Default

    Just reread torn
    loved it

    still have absolutely no idea what happened
    but loved it
    nonetheless
    wow.
    paft.yaiekes!.
    [tumbl me]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •