Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Wouldn't it be hilarrious if the final issue NEVER comes out? (the sad kind of hillarious)

For some reason, I could see that totally happening with Marvel. I mean, they did it with Ult Wolvie vs. Hulk (or did that eventually come out? I never cared for that book)...

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo! View Post
    Does it? How did his return erase the unselfish act he committed to save mutants from the Legacy Virus? His sacrifice still saved untold numbers of mutants.
    It was no less unselfish but it was no longer a sacrifice - he gave up his life in the name of saving others. It becomes much less of a sacrifice if he got a refund on that death. Resurrection has robbed his death of power despite leaving his morals intact.

Quote Originally Posted by RafiShai View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarrious if the final issue NEVER comes out? (the sad kind of hillarious)

For some reason, I could see that totally happening with Marvel. I mean, they did it with Ult Wolvie vs. Hulk (or did that eventually come out? I never cared for that book)...
    I've been predicting that for a while. It's been my view that a lightning bolt will specifically attack each copy of Astonishing just as it's about to be shipped and that it will be discovered that the interns wacked off into all the ink cartridges - preventing it from coming out for a loooooooooooonnggg time.
    "All things are precipitated by the nature of existence. Nothing, therefore, is unnatural be it bee-hive or termite mound or all our shining, poisoned cities." - Promethea #31

Quote Originally Posted by Flâneur View Post
    I've been predicting that for a while. It's been my view that a lightning bolt will specifically attack each copy of Astonishing just as it's about to be shipped and that it will be discovered that the interns wacked off into all the ink cartridges - preventing it from coming out for a loooooooooooonnggg time.
    How insane is it, when something like that actually makes sense?

Maybe Whedon simply doesn't want anyone else working on his title, so he's holding back the release of the issue?

*Marvel Offices*
    Joe Q: You see, we just feel that with all the delays the book has been suffering from, maybe we should replace the team working on it-

Whedon: But it isn't my fault, it's all Cassaday's fault!

Joe Q: Yeah. Sure. Ummm anyway, you're being replaced with Warren Ellis.

Whedon: WHAT?! I WILL NEVER ALLOW SUCH A THING! THE LAST ISSUE WILL NEVER COME OUT! Quickly, my disciples, distract him while I give birth to the greatest comic book delay ever seen!

Joe Q: Secuirty! Ugh, can anyone get these fanboys to stop poking me with their Buffy action figures?!

....Or something like that

Mr. Immortal GreatLakesAvengers's Avatar

I'm a bit confused ... #24 isn't the last issue?! Where is the storyline supposed to wrap up?
    GreatLakesAvengers.com | Cyberspace Comics Blog | swipes | Twitter @ cyberspacecomix

Morrison's New X-Men was (masturbatory) smart homage. Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is (masturbatory) fanservice nostalgia. There's a difference.

Default Seth Green if you're on CBR...

How insane is it, when something like that actually makes sense?

Maybe Whedon simply doesn't want anyone else working on his title, so he's holding back the release of the issue?

*Marvel Offices*
    Joe Q: You see, we just feel that with all the delays the book has been suffering from, maybe we should replace the team working on it-

Whedon: But it isn't my fault, it's all Cassaday's fault!

Joe Q: Yeah. Sure. Ummm anyway, you're being replaced with Warren Ellis.

Whedon: WHAT?! I WILL NEVER ALLOW SUCH A THING! THE LAST ISSUE WILL NEVER COME OUT! Quickly, my disciples, distract him while I give birth to the greatest comic book delay ever seen!

Joe Q: Secuirty! Ugh, can anyone get these fanboys to stop poking me with their Buffy action figures?!

....Or something like that
    Quesada vs Whedon!!! Sounds like a Robot Chicken skit waiting to happen.
    Currently Reading:
    Buffy Daredevil Captain Marvel X-Men Ms Marvel GoG Black Science Manhattan Projects

Going on six years now.
    uh, no.

issue 1 came out in july 2004.

it's coming up on four years since the first issue.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

Quote Originally Posted by streator View Post
    uh, no.

issue 1 came out in july 2004.

it's coming up on four years since the first issue.
    There are 12 months a year, 24 in two years. There have only been 24 issues in this book. It should've taken two years, instead - it nearly took four.

That's almost TWO YEARS of delay.

You can't tell me that's not unreasonable!

There are 12 months a year, 24 in two years. There have only been 24 issues in this book. It should've taken two years, instead - it nearly took four.

That's almost TWO YEARS of delay.

You can't tell me that's not unreasonable!
    i can count. i know that the delays have been unreasonable. i was just saying that it hasn't been going on 6 years now.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

Quote Originally Posted by streator View Post
    i can count.
    Never said you couldn't, I was simply stressing out how absurd the delays are

The second issue of Daredevil: The Target will also never come out, ever. The script is sitting in a drawer somewhere, according to Kevin Smith, and will never see the light of day again...

Quesada vs Whedon!!! Sounds like a Robot Chicken skit waiting to happen.
    Something tells me that Whedon wouldn't go down the "public shouting match" route that Morrison took.

Whedon would have his disciples (and I've actually talked to one or two) finish fat Joey Q off... It would be an blood filled fight. And it'll end with a fatality. How awesome

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Hunn View Post

Something tells me that Whedon wouldn't go down the "public shouting match" route that Morrison took.
    Correct. Because he doesn't give a damn about Queseda. He's got a television production career.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Correct. Because he doesn't give a damn about Queseda. He's got a television production career.
    There's that, and there's the fact that Whedon didn't have to deal with Bill Jemas.

Billy J really got on Morrison's nerves, from the sounds of things...

Just reread torn
    loved it

still have absolutely no idea what happened
    but loved it
    nonetheless
    wow.
    paft.yaiekes!.
    [tumbl me]