Default Help Wanted: Who are Marvel's Obscure Superheroines?

I want to compile a list of superheroines who meet the following criteria.

1. In the 1990s or any earlier decade, she spent some time as a costumed crimefighter. ("Some time" could mean she did the superheroine bit in just one little story before Marvel promptly forgot about her!)

2. Her career as a superheroine is supposed to be part of the "regular continuity" of the main timeline (known as 616) of the modern Marvel Universe. It has happened "within the last several years" from the standpoint of the modern generation of heroes; i.e. sometime after Reed Richards and his friends first became "the Fantastic Four." (I don't care about people who only exist in parallel universes and timelines, or were only heroes back in the Golden Age and then retired, or will only become superheroes several decades in the future, or anything like that.)

3. She hasn't played a significant role in any published story in at least the last five years (let's say, not since the end of 2002 -- though she may have gotten the occasional cameo somewhere).

4. As far as we know, she's still alive, even if she hasn't done anything to prove it lately. (I admit that with various members of the X-Men and affiliated mutant groups, it can get awfully hard to keep track of whether or not they're "temporarily dead" this week!)

I'll start the bidding with:

1. Free Spirit (Cathy Webster). In the mid-90s, she was an apprentice of Captain America's for about a year in his old title, during the last phase of Mark Gruenwald's very long run as the regular writer for Cap. Since then, she has never gotten a single line of dialogue in any published story in over a decade -- to the best of my knowledge.

(I do what I can for her -- over on Marvel.com's Fan Fiction board, I'm a regular participant in a monthly contest. Each time, I crank out another chapter in an ongoing serial narrated by Cathy. I never actually win, but at least it gives me deadlines to exert myself to meet.)

2. The Phantom Blonde (Wanda Mason). Wanda is the daughter of Louise Mason, who was "the Blonde Phantom" in the Golden Age. In the "Sensational She-Hulk" series of the late 80s/early 90s, Louise was brought back into the spotlight (after an absence of decades) as a confidante of She-Hulk's. Her grown daughter Wanda was eventually introduced and (at least briefly) attempted to follow in her mom's heroic footsteps by switching the word order around in the heroic alias to become "The Phantom Blonde." After that title was cancelled, Wanda never got another word of dialogue in anything, to the best of my knowledge.

Anyone care to add some other Obscure Superheroines of the Marvel Universe? Ladies who used to "fight the good fight" but essentially faded into limbo many years ago?

Hmmmm....

Andromeda from the Defenders comes to mind

Darkstar from the Soviet Super Soldiers

Ganymede a cosmic ally from Silver Surger

Satana

Jocasta from the Avengers

Meggan from Excalibur

Shamrock from Contest of Champions

Sabra from Incredible Hulk and X-Corporation
    Never Surrender

For information on the Classic Marvel and DC Figurine Collections by Eaglemoss
    http://www.superherofigurineforum.com

The Black Marvel
    Flexo The rubber robot
    super slave (white guy is like a genie or something so don't start that "marvel is racist" crap)

Most of the Twelve until now
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1441 View Post
    Didn't Grant Morrison use her as cannon fodder during his run on "New X-Men"? If she subsequently came back from the dead, I haven't heard about it.

As Lorendiac said, she was killed in X-Men during Morrison's run (albeit off-stage, so I could see how it could be retconned... though I think she may have had a funeral?)

Sabra from Incredible Hulk and X-Corporation
    She had a significant role in the Union Jack mini that came out last year (and it was a really good mini; Sabra was pretty cool in it, and had some interesting interactions with the new Arabian Knight).

Deathcry
    Shooting Star

Any of those heroines introduced the 1993 annuals. Off the top of my head that includes:

Nocturne (not the one from Exiles)
    Poison

Deathcry was in Annihilation, with the Dirty Half-Dozen crew.

Satana appeared in the Witches series a few years back, don't remember if it was before or after 2002. If before, add Jennifer Kale and whatshername, Topaz.

Aleta of Guardians of the Galaxy
    Clea, Doc Strange's semi-wife
    Timeslip of the New Warriors
    Lyja, Johnny Storm's Skrull wife
    Firebird of the Avengers
    Witchfire, daughter of Belasco

Darkstar was in [red] Hulk 1. New person, same costume...I think.

Cloud

Dusk

Ganymede

Ghost Girl (Crusaders)

Goblyn and her sister Pathway, formely of Alpha Flight

Golden Girl

Goldfire

Jann of the Jungle

Lightbright, of the Intruders

Mayhem

Persausion, formerly of Alpha Flight.

the Phantom Blonde (Louise (the Phantom Blonde) Mason's daughter adopted this ID in She-Hulk)

Silver, formerly of Alpha Flight.

Starlight

Sundragon

Vagabond

Vibrania

Wind Warrior, of Earth Force

Nosferata, the She-Bat, costumed identity of billionaire counter-hippie girl Purple Hayes, the grim guardian who patrols the crime-ridden streets of Visigoth, Massachusetts in her Nosferauto, or uses her (somewhat erratic) detective genius, coupled with the supercomputer hidden in the Nosferattic in her mansion, to be one step ahead of the various criminal masterminds often housed in nearby Dorkham Asylum...

Okay, you get the idea. But even though her first appearance (in John Byrne's Sensational She-Hulk) was an all-out parody of the then-current Tim Burton Batman film, she turned up later in a She-Hulk story in Marvel Comics Presents, which showed that she's still quirky and funny and kind of adorable, in an action heroine way, when she's not just making fun of something else. Her only recent appearances have been in a gathering of She-Hulk's friends and allies during a time trial in She-Hulk, and an entry in the Civil War Battle Damage Report, which indicates that she's still hanging around Visigoth protecting its citizens from Jack Serious, Dog-Woman, Big Al Ghul and so on - the Initiative considers her a potential recruit.

Hmmmm....

Meggan from Excalibur
    Meggan showed up last in the House of M issues of Uncanny X-Men, where she apparently sacrificed herself to stop Wanda's reality altering from destroying the 616verse.
    "In my world, heroes bugger each other senseless. Not all of them, but more than you'd think, and probably not who you're thinking. " - Joss Whedon

"You know how many European public figures of the last hundred years have only had one ball? Mark Millar and Hitler. " - Warren Ellis

"She needs to look good to mask the fact that she is a Gold Medalist in the Special Olympics. Beauty fades, being 6 types of retarded is forever." - Boofish Fontaine

Creator of Bounty Hunter FrogMan's Avatar

Didn't Satana just have her own Legion of Monsters one shot as well?