View Poll Results: Do you think this has been the best issue released?

Voters
81. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

30 37.04%
  • No

28 34.57%
  • Reads the same as the others

23 28.40%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Mighty Avengers #7 *Spoilers*

I'm really trying to decide what made me like this issue so much better than the others and I'm starting to feel like maybe it was the art. The art this issue just has a better flow and depicts actions better in my opinion. I won't say its Bagley's best work, but it is a great change from the Cho stuff. Also the thought bubbles were not as annoying this issue and the dialogue just seemed to flow better also. I wasn't feeling that starting and stopping feeling I got from reading previous issues.

In this issue the whole Elektra skrull body conversation takes place between Jessica and Tony. I did like the fact that Tony's reasoning for putting Drew on the team was to see if he would get any negative reactions and possibly out the skrull. I also like that the whole Carol lying to Jessica about Cap being alive was brought up here. Not much action takes place until the end where i guess the symbiote virus is released. From reading this I'm basically getting two skrull candidates. It is either Wonder Man because they made such a big show out of him and his costume in this issue, or Sentry's wife cause she mentioned to Tony that Sentry needs to be killed. As usual there was a lot of talking head scenes this issue, but they didn't grate on my nerves as much as they usually do.
    Last edited by drwho; 01-09-2008 at 11:13 AM.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Here's a few mini-review highlights:

-Jessica Drew says she can only talk to Tony if he powers down his Iron Man armor, and specifically shuts off all recording devices in the room. Tony doen't, but he says some techno mumbo jumbo like "Shut down code 4, y-89" or something to convince Jess he did. You then read a caption from his armor saying "Recording." Tony is learning espionage well.

-Tony asks Jess where Nick Fury is, partially to see what she knows but admits it's because Tony feels out of his league and wants advice. They agree Fury probably knew about the Skrulls for some time and is either underground or captured.

-Tony puts Jess on the team to help him weed out the Skrull. Carol gets angry that Tony didn't consult her and they lock horns.

-Sentry's wife talks to Tony that she loves her husband but if Tony can't depower or kill the Sentry soon she's afraid he will kill all of them. I'm pretty sure the Sentry has super hearing, and he can be seen in the background reacting with confusion.

-Ares looksa at Spider-Woman and thinks "I will have you, fair creature." Ares and Jessica sittin' in a tree!

I like that the thought balloons continue even thought the first story arch is over. I think Tony is not a Skrull because we see the guys thoughts and he seems on the level.

I don't like the new artist. Things were clear, but boring. Why is Ed Mcguiness on Hulk on not Mighty Avengers? Someone needs to step up to the plate, I think.

I would have liked this issue if it had come out when it should have. I just kept flipping the pages and going "I read about this in NA months ago". I'm done until Secret Invasion.

Sounds good. Is it revealed when Tony loses the goatee (judging by the preview)? Never liked the beard anyway.

I'm really trying to decide what made me like this issue so much better than the others and I'm starting to feel like maybe it was the art. The art this issue just has a better flow and depicts actions better in my opinion. I won't say its Bagley's best work, but it is a great change from the Cho stuff.
    It's a shame he's leaving for DC, he's one of my favorites.
    [Level 1 antagonism]
    Homer: Ned Flanders, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.
    Ned: Well howdy, Homer! Thanks for dropping by!
    [Level 2 antagonism]
    Homer: Past instances in which I professed to like you, were fraudulent.
    Ned: Oh well. I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for dropping by!
    [Maximum hostility factor]
    Homer: I engaged in intercourse with your spouse or significant other. Now that's psychiatry!

I enjoyed this issue. It felt sort of like an old-fashioned hero comic with the bickering and stuff. There was a certain sense of fun to it too, I thought, amongst the seriousness.

They didn't explain Tony's goatee-lessness, and I doubt they will. I'm sure he'll show up with it for the next artist. They aren't very good about that sort of continuity. It seems to go on and off depending on the artist.

Also, I think it's better to have a poll that tells people to rate it, rather than ask if it's the best issue ever.

maybe the extremes causes rapid facial hair growth?

tony shaves keeping the Stash
    get a goatee by noon
    and has a beard my night
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    I would have liked this issue if it had come out when it should have. I just kept flipping the pages and going "I read about this in NA months ago". I'm done until Secret Invasion.
    Agreed. But it was a good issue. Other than Simon losing his best costume.

At least he didn't go for any of the wretched abortions that Wasp was trying to sell. ;)

Anyone else catch the shifty-eyed look of Jarvis when Tony's trying to figure out who the Skrull is? That with the focus on Jarvis in Giant-Size Avengers pretty much screams Skrull to me.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Agreed. But it was a good issue. Other than Simon losing his best costume.

At least he didn't go for any of the wretched abortions that Wasp was trying to sell. ;)

Anyone else catch the shifty-eyed look of Jarvis when Tony's trying to figure out who the Skrull is? That with the focus on Jarvis in Giant-Size Avengers pretty much screams Skrull to me.
    aye the real Jarvis would never break anything on purpose, no matter how tacky
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by unkiedev View Post
    -Sentry's wife talks to Tony that she loves her husband but if Tony can't depower or kill the Sentry soon she's afraid he will kill all of them. I'm pretty sure the Sentry has super hearing, and he can be seen in the background reacting with confusion.
    I'm pretty convinced that Sentry's wife was actually killed by Ultron and is now a skrull. Her conversation with Tony makes a ton of sense, seen in that light.

Quote Originally Posted by unkiedev View Post
    I like that the thought balloons continue even thought the first story arch is over. I think Tony is not a Skrull because we see the guys thoughts and he seems on the level.
    I know a lot of people don't like them, but I love the thought bubbles and thinks that Bendis uses them well. Though they're mostly one-liners, they really do help flesh out the characters. I know I wouldn't like Ares half as much without them, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. K View Post
    I'm pretty convinced that Sentry's wife was actually killed by Ultron and is now a skrull. Her conversation with Tony makes a ton of sense, seen in that light.
    Unlikely. We see the light from Sentry's palm flow over her face. She appears to have got brought back to life by the Sentry. There's a mystery there, but I don't think it's related to the Skrulls.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Wonderman and Jarvis are skrulls.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post

Yeah that what i was thinking. He seem to have a oh $!@* look on his face.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Wonderman and Jarvis are skrulls.
    I'm thinking Wonder Man is a definate red herring. It doesn't really fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    It's a shame he's leaving for DC, he's one of my favorites.
    It's a blessing to me.

All of his faces look the same, and he draws male characters that are supposed to have big arms like Ares for example, with skinny little arms like Spiderman has. DC can have Bagley.

So what was Jessica's meeting with the other Avengers like. Did the NA come up, and did Tony ask to know where they were at?