Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default McDuffie Updates the Justice League Lineup

Geo-Force is out. Firestorm is in. And The Flash, well, it all depends on how persuasive Wonder Woman is, says animation veteran and “Justice League of America” writer Dwayne McDuffie.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12692

Well, i was sort of looking forward to seeing how Geo Force would've fit in with the league- and it doesn't sound like Firestorm is even going to be seen for awhile, so i can't say this is an even trade.

While stronger than Meltzer's work on the title, McDuffie's JLA is turning out to be yet another disappointing run on what should be DC's best book.

Yay Firestorm. Perhaps he can have the same power set in two storylines. He never seemed to manage that in his own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    While stronger than Meltzer's work on the title, McDuffie's JLA is turning out to be yet another disappointing run on what should be DC's best book.
    DC should get Geoff Johns to write JLA. He has done a great job writing Green Lantern and the Flash, two very high-profile JLA members, and his work on JSA has been excellent. Not only would JLA benefit from his writing, but the JLA/JSA crossovers could be potentially great, unlike that Lightning Saga fiasco.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Well, i was sort of looking forward to seeing how Geo Force would've fit in with the league- and it doesn't sound like Firestorm is even going to be seen for awhile, so i can't say this is an even trade.
    Honestly, it's nice to see Geo-Force alongside Bats, Katana and Metamorpho again.....especially considering he was never really an official JLAer was he?

Oh, and......

And what of the trio's recent reveal in "Booster Gold" #5?

"I actually haven't read that yet so I better," laughed McDuffie. "Oh, I better check and make sure that meshes because I didn't know that."
    ......this is just sad. Shouldn't continuity, given it's FINAL CRISIS related, matter? :(
    Last edited by Sean Walsh; 01-04-2008 at 07:01 PM.

If you read the interview between the lines, you get the sense that various editorial decisions is getting in the way of the run. You get the sense that once he's given some room, he'll be able to tell the stories that he wants to tell. He doesn't even have a consistent artist.

Interesting interview more for what was implied than what was said out loud.

Personally, I've really liked McDuffie's run. It's actually felt like a JLA story ought to, IMO.
    Who knows? Not me. We never lost control. You're face to face. With the Man who Sold the World

Too bad...I liked Geo-Force in the JLA, but I was fully expecting McDuffie to write him out.
    I just gotta say, though, I don't much care for a JLA where members are shown vomiting and where there's discussion of "explosive diarrhea". What's next, "2 JLAers, 1 cup"?
    "We're Santa's elves, and we're here to tell you about ourselves!"--Summer and Eve

Master of Funk! Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

McDuffie's JLA has yet to impress me, but given the cluster**** DC Editorial seems to have made writing the title due to all the crossovers nobody cares about, the choppy start is making a little more sense.

I really hope DC has learned something from Sinestro Corps. That is how you do a crossover event. Countdown is how you milk fanboys out of their money while boring the rest of us out of our minds.

However, this Suicide Squad story sounds intriguing. But it's written by the same guy who wrote the last Superman/Batman arc--which was terrible. Well, at least they'll be some more bootylicious Ed Benes artwork to keep the title afloat.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Get rid of Batman for Nightwing plus add in Wally and Cyborg and I'll be happy.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Intensity View Post
    If you read the interview between the lines, you get the sense that various editorial decisions is getting in the way of the run. You get the sense that once he's given some room, he'll be able to tell the stories that he wants to tell. He doesn't even have a consistent artist.

Interesting interview more for what was implied than what was said out loud.
    That's unfortunate. JLA should be driving the DCU as its flagship title rather than being jerked around by lower-profile projects. It seems like a proverbial case of the tail wagging the dog.

geo-force was a member for like 30 minutes!!

thats just unfair.

That's unfortunate. JLA should be driving the DCU as its flagship title rather than being jerked around by lower-profile projects. It seems like a proverbial case of the tail wagging the dog.
    Both DC and Marvel have been known to coast on the success of a big title once they are certain that fans of that title will buy any crap between the covers. Right now, DC can put both a bad writer and a bad artist on JLA and it will still sell in the top 20, thanks to the big boost from the JLU cartoon in recent years.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    Honestly, it's nice to see Geo-Force alongside Bats, Katana and Metamorpho again.....especially considering he was never really an official JLAer was he?

Oh, and......

......this is just sad. Shouldn't continuity, given it's FINAL CRISIS related, matter? :(
    Well, i don't know if geo force fits in with the Grittier Outsiders anymore...