Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Shouldn't Messiah/world leader/Omega Mutant/time traveler Cable be in there by now?
    cable is dead in the estimation of the Skrulls I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt USA View Post
    cable is dead in the estimation of the Skrulls I imagine.
    Well, he is at least in a different time stream in continuity when SI starts.

Quote Originally Posted by DaeJi View Post
    Nova shouldn't even be on the list at the moment, being so far away. They should prepare for him, and the other cosmic heroes, but they shouldn't expect them anytime soon.
    I disagree. Nova deserves to be on the list. He fought in the Skrull/Xandar War for over a year so knows some degree of Skrull tactics before he even got his current status post Annihilation. However, between having another few issues of Nova tied into yet another "event" and having him keep to things "off Earth", prefer the latter to the former. But we will see...
    Contributor for Nova Prime (Deviant Art and Nova Prime Page!

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EARTH'S MOST WANTED: The Sixes

Tom Brevoort joins CBR News to unveil The Sixes in the Skrulls' “Secret Invasion” poker deck, which features two female super spies, a walking weapon, and a national champion.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=13227

The Black Widow as a Spade, makes sense and fits the spade pattern as it looks like a general/leader/SHIELD archtype character. War Machine as a Diamond seems to fit as he seems to be one to go around the rules a bit (Beast and Thing seem to be exceptions to this suit). And Captain Britian for his mutant connections fits the clubs pattern (with the exception of Luke Cage, Sr. Strange, still not sure why they fit in that suit). Spider-woman in the Hearts... Still haven't seen an over arching pattern there. At first I thought that they would be associates of FF, but as of late I am not sure. Anyone else see any patterns that would make predicting the rest of the cards possible?

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Default Earth's Most Wanted: The Sixes

The sixes just came out, and I can't disagree with any of the choices.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=13227

Captain Britain has his own history with the Skrulls, and he'll be getting his own mini during Secret Invasion to take them on another time with Wisdom and MI13. He's the most widely known British hero, and has ties to the X-Men, Excalibur, and British government. A real lynchpin.

Spider-Woman? Perfect. The triple agent who brought Tony the body of Skrullektra. She honestly could've appeared higher in the deck with how much she's been exposed in the past few years.

Black Widow? SHIELD top clearance. Avenger. Initiative member. Elite spy. Again, makes sense. Might even help them root out Fury, or assassinate Stark.

War Machine. Now, maybe some would say Rhodey should be lower, because he's a former Avenger, and just Stark's good buddy. And... they'd be forgetting that he's the one running the Initiative program out of Camp Hammond. We know somebody there is a Skrull, right?

Still digging this promo series.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 03-05-2008 at 01:26 AM.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

I think the Captain Britain thing is lame lol and no doubt there cus of the release of the new series. I guess its nice to see that they are trying to make him important for a change.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    I think the Captain Britain thing is lame lol and no doubt there cus of the release of the new series. I guess its nice to see that they are trying to make him important for a change.
    Well, the whole thing is to hype secret invasion, and characters getting a push. Why else is Amadeus Cho so high on EMW? Marvel's got books to sell. And in a roundabout way, you can't depreciate Captain Britain. Braddock isn't somebody I'd want to drop the gloves with.

Updated Tuesdays.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Captain Britain is the biggest threat for them in Britain by a country mile.

We're talking about a character who draws his very power from a connection to the collective consciousness of not just Marvel's Britain, but a million other Britains from alternate universes. He's a powerhouse, who technically also still has the near powers of a God (Until somebody at Marvel finally admits that they screwed up, and forgot that they made Brian Guardian of the Marvel Omniverse... :rolleyes: ).

It's bloody hard to beat Captain Britain in his own back yard. If the entire country is rooting for him he's turns a psychological advantage into a very physical one.

It's also worth noting that Captain Britain & MI:13 is launching with Secret Invasion, but it is not a mini-series. It's an ongoing series, replacing Excalibur.
    Last edited by The Sword Is Drawn; 03-05-2008 at 02:31 AM.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, the whole thing is to hype secret invasion, and characters getting a push. Why else is Amadeus Cho so high on EMW? Marvel's got books to sell. And in a roundabout way, you can't depreciate Captain Britain. Braddock isn't somebody I'd want to drop the gloves with.
    You mean a PR blitz might be used to sell books? Perish the thought!!!
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    You mean a PR blitz might be used to sell books? Perish the thought!!!
    In the case of Captain Britain and MI:13 it's more case of the title setting out its stall, and showing what it intends to offer. One of the chief complaints over Excalibur was that here you had a book set outside the US, which could quite easily show the effects of brand wide events from a non-US perspective, but it never got involved.

CB&MI:13 is setting out from the beginning to make it clear that while it will still have certain elements of Excalibur and X-Men characters involved in places this is very much a part of the greater Marvel Universe, and won't sit on the sidelines anymore.

Plus it was established a while back that MI:13 has already been working with estranged Skrulls. It would be crazy not to get involved in a big Skrull storyline with that in mind.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Default EARTH'S MOST WANTED: The Fives

Editor Tom Brevoort and “Secret Invasion” mastermind Brian Michael Bendis join CBR News to help unveil The Fives in the Skrulls’ Secret Invasion poker Ddeck, which includes two mutants, a literal hothead, and a certain web-slinger.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=13323

Well they finally showed us some of the good ones:

Human torch: Wow I expected him a bit more higher with his status of romancing the enemy. :(

Cable: I could see this a little more tricky as they had to do both him and the mutant Baby. :(

Pete Widsom: To common to do. :rolleyes:

Spider-man: No comment.

Didn't like the Cable explanation. Had little to do with the mutant birth, or any powers. It was mainly about his time-travelling capabilities.

If that makes him a threat, they'd be more worried about Kang or Immortus.

Surprised no mention of using Human Torch to also draw out Lyja. But still, about time for him.

Spidey was fine, as was Pete Wisdom. Nice to see John the Skrull get a mention.

Updated Tuesdays.

I've been reading comics for almost 20 years and I've never heard of Pete Wisdom. Other than starring in the upcoming SI spin-off with Captain Brittain, what has he been in before? Is he super old school or just relatively obscure?