Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

EARTH'S MOST WANTED: The Tens

This week, CBR News completes a Royal Flush as Marvel's Tom Brevoort joins us to reveal the next four threats to Skrulls’ plans for "Secret Invasion," the Tens.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12883

Fresh 2 Def

Doom's been busy in titles like Thor,Cap and Namor.

Hopefully there's something going on there,rather than the writers just using him for the sake of their stories.

Nice to see Cage get some respect. With Captain America back (symbolically), it will be interesting to see where Cage fits in.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen Cyclops up there yet, since recent events have pretty much pushed him into the forefront of the mutant movement. At this point, he probably holds more sway than Xavier or Storm.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjarvis View Post
    I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen Cyclops up there yet, since recent events have pretty much pushed him into the forefront of the mutant movement. At this point, he probably holds more sway than Xavier or Storm.
    While I'd agree that he should've shown up by now . . . Xavier's more important because, dead or alive, he's such a huge symbol to what's left of the mutant community. And Storm is more important because, in addition to her X-Men connections, she's much more deeply involved with the wider MU.
    Expletive Deleted

So far I agree with all of the choices even if I don't agree with the exact order.

This week however there is one I do not agree with. That is Ares. Yes, he is big and strong and immortal, but not the brightest bulb. He is not used to fighting an enemy like the Skrulls and is unlikely to have one that could counter act them. Most of his strategies rely on simply overpowering whatever he is fighting. If that doesn't work he can if he puts his mind to it come up with a better strategy, but is usually after the fact and he has a chance to regroup.

However, based on past portrayals once Ares finds out about the skrulls he is more likely to take an ax to whomever he thinks is one than to try and think of a way to deal with them. Also, we don't know the current status of Olympus and whether he has access to an army there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by seekquaze View Post
    So far I agree with all of the choices even if I don't agree with the exact order.

This week however there is one I do not agree with. That is Ares. Yes, he is big and strong and immortal, but not the brightest bulb. He is not used to fighting an enemy like the Skrulls and is unlikely to have one that could counter act them. Most of his strategies rely on simply overpowering whatever he is fighting. If that doesn't work he can if he puts his mind to it come up with a better strategy, but is usually after the fact and he has a chance to regroup.

However, based on past portrayals once Ares finds out about the skrulls he is more likely to take an ax to whomever he thinks is one than to try and think of a way to deal with them. Also, we don't know the current status of Olympus and whether he has access to an army there or not.

I forgot something. I think Loki would be a greater threat. Aside from also being a god Loki has for centuries used deception, trickery, and shapeshifting to fool even Odin. It is unlikely the Skrulls could replicate all of his magic. And you know what they say, the best way to catch a thief is with one. So what would be better than catching a bunch of skrulls who use shapeshifting and trickery than the god of trickery himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    While I'd agree that he should've shown up by now . . . Xavier's more important because, dead or alive, he's such a huge symbol to what's left of the mutant community. And Storm is more important because, in addition to her X-Men connections, she's much more deeply involved with the wider MU.
    Or, even moreso, Magneto. From the Skrull POV the characters would not be divided into hero/villain, but who holds power and is likely to resist their invasion -- and Magneto actually ran his own country at one point...

I would also think that characters who have been connected with things like the creation of the Cosmic Cube, etc. would be critically important, and since the Skrulls made their own (which evolved into the Shaper of Worlds, who actually did a lot of damage to the Skrull Empire, so they'd have a good idea of how it works and what it can do), the Skrulls would be keen to deal with them one way or another, even if they're mousy little scientists.

The villains also would be more visibly ruthless in dealing with their enemies than the heroes, and thus a more seriously perceived threat to an invasion.

David

The only change I would have made would have been flipping Black Panther for Nick Fury. I mean Panther was invited to join the Illuminati and is the ruler of one of the most technologically advanced nations in the MU.

And I understand that Fury is in hiding plotting something, but Iron Man is the director of SHIELd..what does Nick have that qualifies him as a skrull threat??

But what do I know---Im biased. :D

NoYouMayNotTouchMyFro bluedmighty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    The only change I would have made would have been flipping Black Panther for Nick Fury. I mean Panther was invited to join the Illuminati and is the ruler of one of the most technologically advanced nations in the MU.

And I understand that Fury is in hiding plotting something, but Iron Man is the director of SHIELd..what does Nick have that qualifies him as a skrull threat??

AGREED.

Nick should have been a Joker or Wild Card.

He's been gone for like 3 years (Batteling Skrulls?)

Default Do the suits mean anything?

I was looking at the card deck, and it seems that there is a pattern to the suits, although I am not sure exactly how to classify them.
    Spades. Could all the spades be major leaders of some sort
    Iron Man current director of SHIELD
    Nick Fury former director of SHIELD
    Ms. Marvel Leader of Mighty Avengers
    Thor Head of Asgarde
    Dr. Doom Monarch
    ?

Hearts. Could the Hearts be related to FF
    Mr Fantastic Leader of FF
    Black Bolt Inhumans (often found in FF)
    Invisible Woman member of FF
    Sentry (Richard's best friend?)
    Ares God of War (?)

Diamonds. Could these be anti-heros?
    Namor Monarch
    Hulk (anti hero of sorts)
    Emma Frost (former Hellfire member, and willing to bend rules in Xmen)
    Hulkling (unregistered kid)
    Captain America (former Winter Soilder)

Clubs. Not sure howto label these, leaders of outcast groups/or powers?
    Professor X (mutants, or psychic powers)
    Dr. Strange (New Avengers, or mystic powers)
    Storm (Queen of country, or Weather powers)
    Black Panther (monarch or ? aren't his powers mystic as well?)
    Luke Cage (Leader of New Avengers, ?)

I might be wrong, but I thought it might be something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post

Nick probably knows more about the Secret Invasion than any other character Marvel right now. And that knowledge alone is what makes him dangerous.

EARTH'S MOST WANTED: The Nines

In today’s installment, The Nines, CBR News and Marvel Comics editor Tom Brevoort unveil two Earthborn and two alien threats to the Skrulls’ “Secret Invasion” of Earth.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12950

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by andy khouri View Post
    EARTH'S MOST WANTED: The Nines

In today’s installment, The Nines, CBR News and Marvel Comics editor Tom Brevoort unveil two Earthborn and two alien threats to the Skrulls’ “Secret Invasion” of Earth.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12950
    What were the 10s?

Daredevil & Hawkeye chrismileslord's Avatar

Finally we see Captain Marvel, being so low kind of worries me. wolverine is a good choice, as well as super-skrull even though I don't think he will be showing up much. Yellowjacket.....it depends on how he is used. eh, the hits just keep on coming.