Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

Default What TV Series Are You Most Irked That it is not on DVD?

Here are mine (please note that, in some of these shows, there HAVE been releases, just lame stuff from the late 90s, before full sets became all the rage):

What's My Line (I'd love the whole shebang, but I'd settle for a "Best of" collection)
    LA Law (what the hell?!?!?)
    Ally McBeal (get the deal done, for crying out loud!!!)
    Get A Life (again, what the hell?!?!?)
    The Gong Show
    Cupid (Rob Thomas, pre-Veronica Mars, and it starred Jeremy Piven!)
    Wonder Years (seriously, what the hell?!!??!)
    James At 15 (okay, this one I can kinda understand why not)
    Many Loves of Dobie Gillis!

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

The Incredible Hulk animated series from the '90s. They're releasing the '90s Iron Man animated series(another one I wanted) to coincide with the movie so with the next Hulk movie there is hope.

The completetion of Gargoyles. They have yet to release the second half of season 2. Such asses leaving us hanging like that.

X-Men, Exosquad, Silver Surfer, Extreme Ghostbusters, and Spider-man cartoons from the '90s. Yea, I consider the '90s to be the best decade for American animation.

The Real World Seattle.

Because my ex-Girlfriend claimed she was in it for a couple seconds.

And I think she lies.
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

I second the Wonder Years for two reasons.

A) I freakin' grew up on the Wonder Years, I learned more about life from that show than school, my parents and my church combinded.

B) Every freakin' season of Boy Meets World is on DVD, and let's face it Boy's meets world was a cheap, pop, poor man's verison of the Wonder Years right down to casting Fred Savage's little brother. I want the Wonder Years not the Wonder Years lite.
    Kids, if you want to impress your date, remember its a dog-eat-dog world, not a doggy dog world.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    LA Law (what the hell?!?!?)
    Ally McBeal (get the deal done, for crying out loud!!!)
    Get A Life (again, what the hell?!?!?)
    - LA Law's just has the "movie" out on DVD, which sucks
    - If you have a Region Free DVD player like I do, Ally McBeal's out there in Region 2.
    - I swore Get A Life was out in 2 volumes.
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

The Adam West Batman TV show. I'd give up eating for a month to be able to buy those if they ever do come out. I know there is a rights issue, but it's still silly. It would make a mint, and doing it right now while the film franchise is in full swing seems like a no-brainer. I'm having serious Batusi withdrawals here.

Yeah, that's really us Greg Hatcher's Avatar

The Adam West Batman
    It Takes A Thief
    The Six Million Dollar Man
    and The Bionic Woman

...and all sorts of other convention bootleg fodder over the years. Lots of 60's Hanna-Barbera superhero stuff (including the FF -- that's a BIG what-the-hell) and I often wonder, since it's such a perennial at conventions, why someone doesn't get his or her act together and issue the Gene Roddenberry 1970's pilots as a set under some kind of Lost Trek imprint. Genesis II, Planet Earth, The Questor Tapes, and Spectre are movies I see bootlegged at every convention I've ever been to. How hard would it be to get that sorted and get legitimate releases out there?

My FIRST pick would have been The Man From UNCLE, but I heard that's actually finally on its way.
    Wondering about the avatar? Check out CBR's weekly avatar contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
    The Adam West Batman TV show. I'd give up eating for a month to be able to buy those if they ever do come out. I know there is a rights issue, but it's still silly. It would make a mint, and doing it right now while the film franchise is in full swing seems like a no-brainer. I'm having serious Batusi withdrawals here.
    Rattlehead,
    That's number one on my list as well. Its stupid and inane that Dozier's family is retaining the rights for syndication when I've yet to see an episode on TV or cable for years now. Yes, it will be a killing and a mint for them and yet they still hold on to it.

Other TV shows I'd love to have entire series of:
    - The Jack Benny Program (sure there's Best Of but its like 4 episodes. I want it all)
    - The Patty Duke Show
    - Dream On (I want the rest of this series)
    - The Beatles Cartoon
    - Filmation Tarzan (every cartoon of the Burroughs creation)
    - The Naked City (not just various volumes of best of, the entire run)
    - Barnaby Jones (my favorite Quinn Martin production)

Also, you can look for shows you want here: www.tvshowsondvd.com

Oh, and going back to the Wonder Years comment. It would be near impossible to do. Like the Saturday Night Live seasons and why its taking so long is the music rights for the artists. Would be great but almost impossible; eventually it will

As for animated series, I can make a list of like 20+ but I'm sticking mainly with television shows
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

Cool exec, heart of steel BillR's Avatar

Adam West Batman is my #1. I'll pay whatever they want, honestly. Screw the rights, just give me the DVD.

Also: Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place. Yes, really. It was the best traditional sitcom of the '90s.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hatcher View Post
    The Adam West Batman
    It Takes A Thief
    The Six Million Dollar Man
    and The Bionic Woman
    I'd love to have the Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman on DVD. Do you know why they haven't come out yet?

government's watching you matt levin's Avatar
    western Massachusetts, USA; rural, river valley

Betty Boop, damn it--! sure, sure, there are "collections" and "best of's", but none of these have the really old, first several dozen of these which are, in my opinion, among the finest that animation has had to offer. At last the early Popeye cartoons are available, at last Man from UNCLE as well, why not Betty?

grumble grumble.

Matt
    Walking Man Comics

Age/Bronze-A.S.Westrn-AstroCity-Amelia-CourtneyC.-Brody'sGhost-DD-Dial H-Fables-Fatale-Fell-Goon-Groo-Hellboy-Mudman-NextWave-Rocketeer-StarDrop-Thief-Usagi-Wolff/Byrd-Unwritten

Small Wonder with Vicki the Robot

Stingray
    The Human Target (missed seeing one episode)
    Nightmare Cafe (missed watching the 2nd episode)
    Wizards & Warriors (fun show)
    In search of Claire...or Libby Hoeler :D

"What is illness to the body of a knight-errant? What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again, and woe to the wicked.
    "

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Daria. I want to see them as intended again (unlike when it was on Noggin).

And throw in my hat for The Wonder Years as well.

It so happens that a few months ago I tried to figure out if a live-action "Tarzan" TV series that I remembered loving as a kid (in the early 1980s, I think it ran on Saturday afternoons) was out on DVD yet.

As near as I can tell from online sources, I was probably seeing old reruns of NBC's "Tarzan" show from the late 1960s, starring Ron Ely. It appears that nobody's ever bothered with DVD boxed sets for it.

My memories of the show are pretty darn vague after about a quarter of a century. But I'd love to at least have the chance to refresh my memory and find out whether or not those episodes still have any real entertainment value for me today, the way they did when I was a heck of a lot younger (and presumably less discriminating in my tastes . . .)