Okay, it's been a while since we've posted the rules for the Games board. Most of this is pretty common-sense stuff, but you should take a minute to review them nonetheless.
1) This board is (obviously) for the discussion of games, whether they be card, board, RPG, console, PC, etc. Sport-related discussions belong on the Community board. Other off-topic discussions will be moved to whatever board is appropriate. Threads about gaming-related media (such as comics, books, or movies based on games) might stay here, or may be ported to another board, at the moderator’s discretion.
2) Keep it friendly. Debate the games as much as you want, but avoid making any personal attacks. Remember, when discussing personal preferences, you don't have to 'win' the discussion. Oh, and if you can't be bothered to do better than say "You're not a REAL gamer" to someone who doesn't like the same games as you, expect at the minimum a temp-banning.
3) Give spoiler warnings when revealing game/story info. This isn't just for new games; not everyone plays a game immediately after it's been released.
4) Don't use excessive language, especially in the thread titles. Unlike some of the boards, we try to avoid a lot of swearing here. The occasional PG-13 comment is fine, but avoid using the f-word and s-word (or anything stronger). Also, no links to sites with questionable content (i.e. nudity/porn).
5) No links to sites with ROM’s and emulators. Yes, they exist, but no, for legal reasons, no discussions on how to acquire them.
6) No selling of stuff, game-related or otherwise. Jonah is able to keep this site going in large part due to ad revenue; he doesn't need you hawking your wares for free. Pimping of other websites and message boards is also a no-no. Spammers will be taken out behind the chemical sheds and shot.
7) Multiple threads regarding the same subject will probably be merged, at the moderator’s discretion, especially if the subject matter is already covered by a long-standing thread already in existence (such as the ‘Game news/info/press releases’ and the ’City of Heroes’ threads).
8) If you see someone violating any of the above rules, contact me (or one of the supermods, if they're online and I'm not) via PM or e-mail (preferably the former, as I'll probably get it faster that way; use both methods if you feel like it) and describe what you feel someone is doing wrong, preferably including a link. If someone engages in behaviour against you that you feel is inappropriate (i.e. personal attacks), do not respond in kind; take the high road, and contact me or a supermod so that it can be resolved as quickly as possible.
9) All of the rules that you agreed to when registering with CBR are still in effect, above and beyond the above-listed rules. Note that said rules are guidelines, not a legal contract. If you violate the spirit of the rules, even if technically within the exact letter of the above-written guidelines, you're not being clever, you're just being a pain, and will be dealt with appropriately. Also, the moderators reserve the right to alter or add to the rules as necessary. If you have any questions, feel free to ask one of the moderators, via PM, about what is and isn’t appropriate. It’s better to ask permission than forgiveness.
Now, let's all have fun, shall we?