HEAR ME OUT!
Mutant Town is so a ghetto the yuppies do not want to live in. HOWEVER. Let's check it:
1. Cheap rents. Holla.
2. Boutiques you could not find anywhere else! Mutants that could run the BEST botany-themed stores in the universe! No human could make petunias look THAT fabulous! Tiny animal boutiques! Expert cleaning services! Diviniation holes that could have expert readings. I mean, would you want to go to some bootleg boutique called "Gypsy Lady" for a Tarot reading, or would you want to go to TAROT's tarot reading?
And OMG LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT PRODUCE!
3. Fantastic street fairs! The effects! The lights! The costumes! Mega fab!
4. Close proximity to the central business district!
5. Potentially the best private schools in the universe! Pay $25K/year for your child to learn? Instead, pay for a psychic to implant the knowledge into your kid's head! Faboo!
6. The best clubs and music scene in the universe, led by the dynamic diva herself -- the Dazzler!
In short: I love the concept of mutant town, and it's so going to get hella gentrified by yuppies once they CALM DOWN KTHX.
How do you see Mutant Town as a real-world metaphor for urban renewal and development? The possibilities are MIND BLOWING!