View Poll Results: Give Penny an apple? (adds 1 to Penny's Apple Score)

Voters
90. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

81 90.00%
  • No

3 3.33%
  • Who?

8 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 87 of 98 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1457

Quote Originally Posted by nate-grey View Post
    Hehe, more like thanks to my dirty voting tactics! Glad to help!

I really liked the description used for her

Complicated and intriguing is much better than one-dimensional and boring. It really taps in to what I like about the character, you can't help but want to know more about her. She's the perfect character for old and new fans alike. C'mon Marvel, take a hint!

Also impressed that she beat out the likes of Catwoman, Luke Skywalker, Optimus Prime, Jean Grey, Iceman, Black Widow, and *drumroll* Jubilee!

Thank you. I was the one who wrote it. : )
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

how is everybody here?
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    how is everybody here?
    Hey there. ^.^

----------------------------

FIRST Emma steals Penny's diamond-hardness shtick, but NOW she steals her black-and-silver-buckle outfitness, too! That is going too far! ;P

----------------------------

Anyway, as you all probably know by now, X-Factor #248 wasn't nearly as cool as we'd hoped it would be. Pip trapped in Monet's body, lolz. There was only a passing reference to Monet "not being happy" about the whole situation, which is a far cry from the psychological insight I thought we were going to get. I don't see any reason to pick up this issue as a result.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 12-15-2012 at 07:34 PM.

how is everybody here?
    Been busy with the holiday's approaching, and getting some typing done. Also got delayed with some things thanks to Hurricane Sandy.

I know I had hoped to have this done long before now, but with Hurricane Sandy, and holiday preporations, things got behind the eight ball. Anyhow, here is the link to what will be the final chapter of what I am now calling X-Knights: The First Month, with a face off between Penny and Dark Penny, so to speak.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1839978/27/

I've also set up a forum there too, to see if I hear back from readers of all my fics, so if you can, feel free. Here is the link to that as well.

http://www.fanfiction.net/myforums/R...pson-Jr/85876/

Avengers Arena 01

Where is Hollow hanging out on holidays and with who?

Hollow wasn't in Marvel Universe vs. The Avengers #3 (of 4), but most of the other Avengers Academy students were shown (Hazmat, Mettle, Veil, Striker, Finesse, X-23, and White Tiger), so it looks like she was either killed off panel or simply wasn't drawn this issue. I'm going to assume she's still alive unless shown otherwise. :P

Quote Originally Posted by RichSkitzCale View Post
    I know I had hoped to have this done long before now, but with Hurricane Sandy, and holiday preporations, things got behind the eight ball. Anyhow, here is the link to what will be the final chapter of what I am now calling X-Knights: The First Month, with a face off between Penny and Dark Penny, so to speak.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1839978/27/

I've also set up a forum there too, to see if I hear back from readers of all my fics, so if you can, feel free. Here is the link to that as well.

http://www.fanfiction.net/myforums/R...pson-Jr/85876/
    That's cool. :) Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt for a while there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    Avengers Arena 01

Where is Hollow hanging out on holidays and with who?
    Holly's probably with Lightspeed, Turbo, and Ricochet, having a secret santa party, lol. ...Though it's not terribly secret who gave Turbo the ice sculpture of her in her full costume. ;P Julie and Johnny share a secret santa moment like they did in the Marvel Holiday issue from 2007 (2008? Something like that).

Darkhawk might've been safely off Arcade's radar if he was hanging out with them this Christmas! Penance's secondary mutation of being forgotten by writers would've protected him. Oh well.

Meanwhile, Chris Bachalo shows us he still loves Generation X by doing this homage variant cover for All-New X-Men #6, due out January 2013!

Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42693

Close-Up of Penny:

Last edited by Starleafgirl; 12-14-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Holly's probably with Lightspeed, Turbo, and Ricochet, having a secret santa party, lol. ...Though it's not terribly secret who gave Turbo the ice sculpture of her in her full costume. ;P Julie and Johnny share a secret santa moment like they did in the Marvel Holiday issue from 2007 (2008? Something like that).

Darkhawk might've been safely off Arcade's radar if he was hanging out with them this Christmas! Penance's secondary mutation of being forgotten by writers would've protected him. Oh well.
    You might correct about the "Secret Santa" (that was done within the 2007 MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECIAL)...although since Julie is involved with Karolina; she might've invited her date and most of the Runaways to their "Secret Santa" Party, and that probably explains why Arcade was able to capture both Nico/Sister Grimm & Chase/Talkback along with the other super-teens....

Meanwhile, Chris Bachalo shows us he still loves Generation X by doing this homage variant cover for All-New X-Men #6, due out January 2013!

Close-Up of Penny:

And goodness known what he'll do within the UNCANNY X-MEN Series (in Feb' 2013).

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    You might correct about the "Secret Santa" (that was done within the 2007 MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECIAL)...although since Julie is involved with Karolina; she might've invited her date and most of the Runaways to their "Secret Santa" Party, and that probably explains why Arcade was able to capture both Nico/Sister Grimm & Chase/Talkback along with the other super-teens....
    This makes so much sense it makes my head hurt! Lol: Julie invites Karolina and the other Runaways to the Loners' holiday party to bury the hatchet; Nico and Chase are the only two who decide not to go, due to still being bitter about the whole Excelsior thing in the past. Just think, they would've been safe if they'd gone to Julie's party. ;P Totally explains why he wouldn't just snatch all the Runaways up at once -- cos you know they NORMALLY just all hang out together, all the time. ;D

I thought, since it is soon Christmas, I'd share a link to a Christmas Generation X story I wrote. I will say this. Penny's gift is rather special, since I leave it up to the reader's imagination. Please note that when I wrote this, Generation X was still in production, although it was close to the time of the origin story that caused a lot of upset, but if I recall right, prior to that ones publishing. But read it, and speculate what Penny got. I'd like to know what you think she got.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1275888/...ion-X-Presents

Hollow wasn't in Marvel Universe vs. The Avengers #3 (of 4), but most of the other Avengers Academy students were shown (Hazmat, Mettle, Veil, Striker, Finesse, X-23, and White Tiger), so it looks like she was either killed off panel or simply wasn't drawn this issue. I'm going to assume she's still alive unless shown otherwise. :P

That's cool. :) Hurricane Sandy kicked my butt for a while there, too.

Close-Up of Penny:

thanks for the Hollow/Penance images. : )

Quote Originally Posted by RichSkitzCale View Post
    I thought, since it is soon Christmas, I'd share a link to a Christmas Generation X story I wrote. I will say this. Penny's gift is rather special, since I leave it up to the reader's imagination. Please note that when I wrote this, Generation X was still in production, although it was close to the time of the origin story that caused a lot of upset, but if I recall right, prior to that ones publishing. But read it, and speculate what Penny got. I'd like to know what you think she got.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1275888/...ion-X-Presents
    I think the answer to that question might depend on what continuity Penance we're reading. If it's your continuity, where she knows this Richard guy and everything, then it's probably something related to him. If it's the main/actual Gen X continuity, I'd guess that it's a picture of Generation X, her family. ^^ Either that or a token from her mysterious past/childhood that only she understands.

thanks for the Hollow/Penance images. : )
    You're welcome! :)

I think the answer to that question might depend on what continuity Penance we're reading. If it's your continuity, where she knows this Richard guy and everything, then it's probably something related to him. If it's the main/actual Gen X continuity, I'd guess that it's a picture of Generation X, her family. ^^ Either that or a token from her mysterious past/childhood that only she understands.
    Well, when I wrote the story, it was a stand alone in the original Generation X time line. No Richard Cale in it. It had been my intent for the reader to envision what the mystery gift was. A momento from her life before Emplate and Generation X. A picture of her with Generation X, except she looks like a normal teen. Maybe a picture that before he was Emplate, she and Marius had been an item. I wanted the reader to envision what the mysterious gift was.

I hope we'll get to see more Hollow/Penance in 2013

crickets... : (