View Poll Results: Give Penny an apple? (adds 1 to Penny's Apple Score)

Voters
90. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

81 90.00%
  • No

3 3.33%
  • Who?

8 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CmX View Post
    Well I mean yeah. I understand that the "shell" of Penance lived on as it's own being.

But I meant, is there any chance of CB possibly retconning it to where she is her OWN identity. Has her own origin, real name where she's from etc.,

I'm not comfortable with the fact that she's just some walking husk. It devalued her IMO.
    Ah, I see. I agree and yet my respect for previously established continuity prevents me from seeing how that would be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Vincente, Bulwark, and Murmur had them too, iirc. plus, he's responsible for the emplates from Bishop's future ex. Mountjoy.
    Ohh, okay. Cool, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    I got to speak to Peter David briefly during the final hours of San Diego Con.
    I asked him if Hollow would show up. He said he was going to have her show up in X-Factor around Issue # 16 instead of the character Nicole.

However CB was using her in Loners.
    I'd heard something like that before, but it's nice to know the specifics, thanks.

I've got something for everyone that I made, lol, using this:http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/motivator.php

Nine images:

"One" Poster
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 11-29-2007 at 05:48 AM.

Penance Motivational Posters, Part 2:

"Badass" Poster

"Beauty" Poster

"Mistakes" Poster

"Fear" Poster
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 11-29-2007 at 05:48 AM.

Last edited by Starleafgirl; 11-29-2007 at 05:49 AM.

Well I mean yeah. I understand that the "shell" of Penance lived on as it's own being.

But I meant, is there any chance of CB possibly retconning it to where she is her OWN identity. Has her own origin, real name where she's from etc.,

I'm not comfortable with the fact that she's just some walking husk. It devalued her IMO.
    unfortunately, i think the damage has been done and its too big to be rectified. ANy retcon will only add to the convolution of penny's story. Unless Marvel says Hama was a skrull when that story was written, the story will stick.

double post sorry

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    Wonderful posters, Starleafgirl!
    Thanks! Yours are really funny, too, lol! :D

Quote Originally Posted by blinkinrogue View Post
    unfortunately, i think the damage has been done and its too big to be rectified. ANy retcon will only add to the convolution of penny's story. Unless Marvel says Hama was a skrull when that story was written, the story will stick.
    Right, that's what I'm driving at here, lol, thanks.

Oh, and I see your avatar. Have you seen this little video yet?
    I have now... that was cool, thanks! :D

LOL you guys are so cute.

Who knew love for a mostly mute character could be so infectious?!
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    I have now... that was cool, thanks! :D
    You're welcome! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    LOL you guys are so cute.

Who knew love for a mostly mute character could be so infectious?!
    Not I! This is the most Penny/Holly love I've seen in one place in, well, forever! I knew there were isolated cases of it all over the internet, I'd seen signs of it, but it's nice to have so many Penance appreciators (if that isn't a word, it should be!) in one place! :)

I was feeling kind of nostalgic for Penance's Generation X days so I did this one, using someone else's excellent fan art...

"Home" Poster
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 11-29-2007 at 09:18 PM.

penance was a good visual when bachalo drew her.

i even liked her more subdued look by the dodsons.

other than that, meh. too much baggage at this point, i think. unless they tell us what's up with her already (it's been what, at least 8 years since penance ran away as an empty shell in generation x) i have little interest in the character.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    You're welcome! :)

Not I! This is the most Penny/Holly love I've seen in one place in, well, forever! I knew there were isolated cases of it all over the internet, I'd seen signs of it, but it's nice to have so many Penance appreciators (if that isn't a word, it should be!) in one place! :)
    Your posters are lovely, but could you be a gem and provide direct links? It makes the thread easier to view.

Quote Originally Posted by streator View Post
    penance was a good visual when bachalo drew her.

i even liked her more subdued look by the dodsons.

other than that, meh. too much baggage at this point, i think. unless they tell us what's up with her already (it's been what, at least 8 years since penance ran away as an empty shell in generation x) i have little interest in the character.
    I agree about the art by Bachalo and the Dodsons. :) Your attitude towards the character is exactly why I was disappointed that the first Loners mini failed to offer up substantial answers concerning the character. Cebulski may not realize this, but people who are fans of the character have been waiting seven years (on and off, no doubt, but still, lol) with the character in limbo. Anything short of providing tangible answers is going to do the character a disservice.

Your posters are lovely, but could you be a gem and provide direct links? It makes the thread easier to view.
    Sure! Done! I did think it was a bit jarring to look at and try to read the thread at the same time, personally, but my vanity prevented me from making the right choice, lol. Thanks. :D

BANNED

i think as visual mutants go, penance is one of the best. when i first saw a pic of her, i believe it was the one of her sitting on the fridge i thought she looks sooooooooooo cool/pretty/freaky when drawn by bachalo [in his early years] she looked awesome. but many other artists seem unable to capture that. in loners penance in my opinion looked BEYOND AWFUL and i did not like how they disgarded her bondage costume for simple straps.