View Poll Results: Give Penny an apple? (adds 1 to Penny's Apple Score)

Voters
90. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

81 90.00%
  • No

3 3.33%
  • Who?

8 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

It bothers me that CB is pretty cool with Penance's retarded revelation... I was hoping he'd do something to somehow retcon the whole deal.

Oh well. =/

So what was the reveal with Hollow?

Quote Originally Posted by podmark View Post
    So what was the reveal with Hollow?
    There was none. Hence the major let down.

Quote Originally Posted by CmX View Post
    There was none. Hence the major let down.
    Well that's certainly a disappointment.

I love this thread. So much Penny love.

i read in wiki they were going to reveal someone possessed the penance body....

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    Comic Vine has a good account of Hollow history as well.

http://www.comicvine.com/hollow/10573/#charac
    thanks this gave a very good insight into the mess that penance/hollow has become.... what i remember from that article was that synch managed to copy her powers, which makes me even more sure that penance indeed was a separate entity and a mutant one at that (editors shouldnt have overlooked these small details).

Also, i loved that pic with penance cutting off the sentinel's arm. She was so ferocious.

what do you guys think would happen if somebody with light-based powers or energy blasts used it against penny in her diamond-hard form? do u think she had the other properties of diamond as well?

Quote Originally Posted by blinkinrogue View Post
    what do you guys think would happen if somebody with light-based powers or energy blasts used it against penny in her diamond-hard form? do u think she had the other properties of diamond as well?
    Well she could process the light energy like Prism, but her diamond-hard form could reflect the light normally. Possible turning the energy power against its user. However it was stated that her body absorbs the light around her that let's Hollow blend into the shadows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    LOL. Yeah, I'd like to see that! :D Only problem is, Hollow would totally out-class that poseur in the spike-suit. Her spikes are the real thing! ;)

BTW, seeing as I was one of the main progenitors of the "Hollow can fly?" thing, I thought I'd let everyone know that I asked C.B. on his blog and he was kind enough to take the time out to answer (I picked that as my question I knew it would take all of 15 seconds to answer if he saw it). The answer is that she was leaping away with Phil.

ChesterFest at Blogspot

Considering Penance's feats of agility (and that one time she leapt out of the jeep and was speeding ahead of it to clear away trees...) in Generation X, I don't think this is that much of a stretch.

ALSO, I rediscovered a Q&A with Cebulski around the time Loners #1 was released. You'll notice from his answers that, for the most part, any Penance/Hollow fan should be filled with hope for the Loners mini. Sad to see he didn't stick with his earlier plans to let us know more about Penny/Holly!

Actually, C.B. ended up following through on very little he planned to do. For instance, Turbo and Darkhawk didn't deal with their old team being scapegoats since Civil War. It just goes to show you that there were many good ideas for The Loners that, for whatever reason, C.B. decided he couldn't fit into the mini and/or just plain decided to leave out. Sigh.

Since this is a thread dedicated to the character, I suppose I'll go ahead and repost the relevant questions here, for posterity's sake if nothing else.

Actually, C.B.'s answer to the first question, where he says he regularly goes back to read early (Chris Bachalo) issues of Generation X may explain why Hollow had a tracking power. An early issue of Generation X (#2 or #3, I'm thinking) is the ONLY example I've seen of anything remotely like tracking for the character. When Husk and Banshee went after her, she realized they were after her and ambushed them. Banshee said that they weren't tracking her as much as she was tracking them! :O

Good stuff, lol. :D
    v

you had a chance to ask the writer about penance in his mini and al you asked him.....was why it looked like she can FLY?!!!??!!!? are you kidding me? did you forget all the thousands of questions regarding her?!!??!

Does anyone have scans from when Penny's skin started to soften after she spent some time around Generation X?

I posted this in the Loners thread, but since the Hollow fans also have a lot of unanswered questions here's the cross-post:

Quote Originally Posted by C.B. Cebulski
    Originally Posted by C.B. Cebulski
    Thank you all for taking the time to post here and for expressing your thoughts and views on Loners #6. I have to say, I was initially quite surprised by the somewhat negative response to the issue and the series ending. But the more I read, the more I understood why you all felt the way you do, and I want to say I appreciate you openly explaining your feelings and opinions, no matter what they are, in very thoughtful and constructive ways.

It's hard to write a mini-series, especially one with characters as popular as our lovely little Loners. Everyone has a favorite character and set expectations for the way that character should act and behave. We all tend to write our own stories for these Marvel mainstays we love. And I think a lot of you did that with each of your favorite Loners characters as the series progressed. And upon reading my ending, you all seem to be a little let down. And as a writer, who loves each and every one of these characters, and who has the utmost respect for my fellow fans, it was disappointing to me that I didn't meet and match all your expectations for the characters and story arcs I presented across these six issues. Yes, there was a lot to wrap up, and I will admit some of the sub-plots and threads did get away from me here and there as the story evolved and changed a bit from ts original outline.

However, that said, I still stand by the ending the way it was written and drawn. There was a lot to wrap up and I think we took each individual character, told there story, developed them, gave them their moment, and left them in a place that changed them from who they were in issue one. Were some questions left unanswered? Yes, but this is the Marvel universe and we have to leave the toys in places to be followed up on, which I totally intend to do. Or that other writers will. I'm sorry if you're not satisfied some of the mysteries are still... mysterious. Those answers, be it the Dusk tease, Darkhawk's second armor or Phil's insanity, will be coming. We purposely left certain threads dangling for various reasons. And I'm sorry if some of you think your characters acted in ways they shouldn't, but their stories are not over. Not by a long shot.

Given the polarizing reaction this final issue of Loners has gotten, Newsarama has been kind enough to agree to allow me the opportunity to conduct a Loners "post mortem" where you can ask any and all questions you like and I will answer them here in an article examining the overall series. Cool? So start asking away. Don't be shy, be hard if you like, but please be polite as you so kindly have been up until now. I will tell you all that I can without giving too much away, so lets let our mutual love for the Loners continue on here.

Thanks again for your time and thoughts.

Take care,
    C.B.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    I posted this in the Loners thread, but since the Hollow fans also have a lot of unanswered questions here's the cross-post:
    That was nice of him. I didn't think Penny could fly and I didn't think any of the characters acted out of character, but I really don't understand the ending. It's so confusing and nothing is answered. We wouldn't even know that was Crimson Dynamo without the three panels it was discussed in. That was a horrible reveal and a mega-let-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    That was nice of him. I didn't think Penny could fly and I didn't think any of the characters acted out of character, but I really don't understand the ending. It's so confusing and nothing is answered. We wouldn't even know that was Crimson Dynamo without the three panels it was discussed in. That was a horrible reveal and a mega-let-down.
    WHO?!?!?

LOL I don't remember this!
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

I've always loved Pennance/Hollow's look and I was really excited for her to be a part of Loners. She's the reason I started picking up the mini to begin with. I felt like all the panel-time spent on the new fembot Crimson Dynamo should have just been used developing Hollow. The mini didn't need a second mysterious chick popping up inexplicably. Hollow got her limelight stolen, and nothing about her presence was really delved into. Although I did like her interaction/bonding with Phil.

I didn't really follow much of Gen X after Bachalo left - Can someone explain how Hollow's power works? She is a "Mutant Cage" supposedly, and other people can be trapped inside her, correct? Is this power voluntary? Has she shown any control over this power? Emplate used her before, correct? It's such a cool concept, that I wish she weren't just used like a cute, mute, slasher most of the time.
    For today's spandex connoisseur:
    modhero.com
    modhero on facebook