View Poll Results: Give Penny an apple? (adds 1 to Penny's Apple Score)

Voters
90. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

81 90.00%
  • No

3 3.33%
  • Who?

8 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

thats pretty good. i love that design, i kinda reminds me of bachalo's version of penance.

Love. Psylocke. Forever.

Ok. I can't find ANYthing on that comic I saw. I am SURE it was Wolverine and Penance/Hollow on the cover. Like I said, she was sort of in a battle suit that covered her body including her face, almost like a space suit. But you could still see through her glass face plate and it was red Hollow.

It was just her and Wolverine on the cover and I'm fairly certain it wasn't an on-going or anything like that.

I swear I'm not crazy!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XYagentguy View Post
    Ok. I can't find ANYthing on that comic I saw. I am SURE it was Wolverine and Penance/Hollow on the cover. Like I said, she was sort of in a battle suit that covered her body including her face, almost like a space suit.

It was just her and Wolverine on the cover and I'm fairly certain it wasn't an on-going or anything like that.

I swear I'm not crazy!!!!!!
    itd be pretty interesting to find out who wins (if there is a winner), what issue was that? in early gen x issues, it seemed she had very good fighting skills and her skin was soooo sharp, the wood she cut just by placing her finger cut banshee's skin.

Love. Psylocke. Forever.

itd be pretty interesting to find out who wins (if there is a winner), what issue was that?
    I'm not sure. But my local comic shop has a section for Marvel and then a section for "NEW MARVEL" which are the new releases which he keeps there for a few weeks.

It was in the new release section, so this comic that featured Wolverine and Hollow must not be terribly old. In fact, I imagine it was recent.

So far I got all these appearances together.

Unused cover for X-Men Unlimited # 9
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...ieringoJPG.jpg

Panel from Flashback X-Men # -1
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...ndividuals.jpg

Cover of X-Men Annual 96
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...enannual96.jpg

But, what your probably thinking is Weapon-X mini-series Day of Future Now #4

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...aponx04p05.jpg

Wolverine was leading his X-Men and thought that Gene Nation were no good terrorist, which Hollow was a part of.

Also, I posted this Old Ad for the Generation-X series. Not part of the search, but i liked it.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...assoutgenx.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by blinkinrogue View Post
    another mystery in the earliest issues of gen x.... M's connection with gateway, she called him mentor, and that was not explained too. ALthough u have to give credit to writers then, M i thought knew who penance already was when gateway brought her to them.
    M's connection with Gateway can be easily explained if you have a knowledge of what Scott Lobdell originally intended, however. Since that M was always meant to be the twins, Gateway must've been a mentor to the twins. ...Okay, you've got a point, other than THAT, it's a mystery. ;)

Yeah, why she said in her diary that Penance looked worsed than she expected was never explained, but of course you could just say that, from the awful Hama origin, that the twins had seen Penance before and, compared to when Penance was in their house, she looked much worse. ;)

XYagentguy, she's in a battle suit and it's fairly recent? It doesn't seem like Marvel appreciates the character enough to do that for her nowadays. I'm sorry I can't think of anything to help you figure this out! All I can think is this is sounding cooler and cooler, but it's also, admittedly, sounding closer and closer to that awful (that the very thought of his character concept causes me to cringe) "new" Penance.

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=7634
    and
    http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=7525

Split this into two posts because CBR Forums seems to think I want to post images and it won't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    I'm a fan of Hollow. I got Billy Tan to commission this sketch at San Diego Con 07. Enjoy.
    That is so awesome. That is so awesome. Did I already say that? Well, consider it enjoyed! Thank you so much for sharing! :D

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    Unused cover for X-Men Unlimited # 9

Cover of X-Men Annual 96

But, what your probably thinking is Weapon-X mini-series Day of Future Now #4

Wolverine was leading his X-Men and thought that Gene Nation were no good terrorist, which Hollow was a part of.
    That's awesome, thanks for going to all that effort, Mimic616! I noticed your Hollow love on the official Marvel boards, too. :D I have to ask, though... does Penance actually appear in any of those issues? I thought I had all of Penance's appearances (save for that one in the X-Men: The End where it's actually Monet transformed for, like, two panels. Didn't seem worth it, lol), but this Weapon X miniseries is completely new to me! Could you tell me more about Penance's involvement? Err, NEVERMIND, I was going to ask if this is an alternate reality but... Chamber without a face? Okay, this is an alternate reality, but could you tell me which one? Hah. O.o

Coincidentally enough, that panel also mentions Excelsior a.k.a. The Loners! I guess THIS Chamber is the real deal. ;)

I see it's here on the official Marvel site.

(I'm not bragging when I say this, I just want you to have an idea of what I already have). I've got all the Generation X stuff, Uncanny X-Men #379 (lol, one panel but I HAD to see it for myself, her supposedly "depowered" self), and X-Men Unlimited #20 (well, it had Generation X and her in it, so I figured what the heck...).

Actually, I don't have Generation Hex, either, but it's an alternate reality, self-contained issue so I didn't really see the point of rushing it, compared to figuring out where she's been in Earth-616 reality.

So, ah, besides this Weapon X miniseries, can you think of anything else I'm missing? It may seem odd to you for me to want to collect all these issues, but she really is the Marvel character I care the most about out of all of them. ;)
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 11-24-2007 at 09:36 PM.

I read the issue! As I mentioned in the Loners thread, it looked to me as though she was leaping instead of flying.

I don't remember if she was a leaper, but its less of a stretch than flying at least. :/
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    I read the issue! As I mentioned in the Loners thread, it looked to me as though she was leaping instead of flying.

I don't remember if she was a leaper, but its less of a stretch than flying at least. :/
    I agree totally; there's one person who brought this up on another forum as well; he compared it to Hulk super-jumping away. Now, while it would be more plausible than her flying, I've opened the issue a few times today trying to wrap my head around it and, if you look at the angle the streetlight is tilted, and you "right" it so that it looks normal, doesn't it REALLY look like they're just goin' pretty darn high into the sky?

And, like I said to the other guy, if she really is jumping, it would make none of them following her with their, oh, robots and super suits and powers 'n such, pretty darn dumb... I mean, unless they had a good reason to let them go, which they certainly didn't say. I'd assume they'd bought what Phil was saying about them not being able to prove he did anything criminal. It is Chris, after all, who is registered but retired with the Darkhawk amulet; HE'D be Shield's first suspect.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 11-24-2007 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    That is so awesome. That is so awesome. Did I already say that? Well, consider it enjoyed! Thank you so much for sharing! :D

That's awesome, thanks for going to all that effort, Mimic616! I noticed your Hollow love on the official Marvel boards, too. :D I have to ask, though... does Penance actually appear in any of those issues? I thought I had all of Penance's appearances (save for that one in the X-Men: The End where it's actually Monet transformed for, like, two panels. Didn't seem worth it, lol), but this Weapon X miniseries is completely new to me! Could you tell me more about Penance's involvement?
    I've two favourite characters Hollow and Mimic 616.

Glad I could share any info I've got. The appearances I've listed with the scans contains Hollow brief appearances in those issues.

In Days of Future Now a continuation of the Weapon-X series.

Hollow joins Gene Nation for some reason and act like terrorist that even makes Wolverine skin crawl. Magneto calls all the mutant related teams to gather and make a stand against sentinels.

A limited series Weapon X: Days of Future Now in 2005 was released that resolved all of the dangling storylines and revealed that Wolverine's disfigurement of Weapon X Director Malcolm Colcord was the catalyst for the creation of a future similar to the "Days of Future Past" scenario.

Hollow only appeared in that panel.

Glad I could share any info I've got. I like I've all Hollow appearances.

Generation-X # 1/2 (Cover only)
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...ght/genx12.jpg

Generation-X Preview
    Generation-X # 1-14,16,18,20,21,25,-47,51,53,57,58,60,61,68,69,75

Hollow Other appearances:
    Marvel Swimsuit special
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...uitspecial.jpg

Uncanny X-Men # 379
    Unlimited X-Men # 20
    Generation-X Underground
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...nderground.jpg

X-Men Rarites
    Wizard Cerebro Guide
    X-Men Flashback -1 (Panel)
    New Warriors # 1 (Cover)
    Loners # 3,4,5,6
    Marvel Handook # 08
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...ht/Penance.jpg

Marvel Encyclopedia
    Marvel Legacy 1990

Hollow annual appearances
    Generation-X Annual 95,96,99
    X-Men Annual 96 (Cover)

Hollow Alternative Reality appearances
    Weapon-X Days of Future Now # 4

What If 079 Nov-95 ..Storm had the Power of Phoenix
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...t/whatif79.jpg
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...hatif79p23.jpg
    (Franchesco,was a big help with this one.)

Generation Hex
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...erationhex.jpg

I believe these are all her appearances to date. Enjoy.

I appreciate Penance. Robbie's finally grown up and stopped bouncing around.

.....oh, wait. This is about the other Penance.

Did Loners #6 actually confirm if 'Hollow' is the original Penance?

And isn't calling a group "Loners" kind of missing the point of the word?
    I am the worst kind of monster. The kind that's real.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post

faded, is ure avatar drawn by bachalo?

BANNED

hopefully they just say that monet and her twin sisters simply possessed the body of penance when they inhabited it. subduing her own consciousness until she was finally freed.

Thanks, Mimic616, you're the best! I wonder, though, could you tell me a bit about "Wizard Cerebro Guide" and "New Warriors # 1 (Cover)" because I'm not sure I understand. I've got a handle on what everything else is, except Marvel Legacy 1990 but I'm assuming it's a hardcover written not directly by Marvel people and therefore not worth my time or money. ;)

The Cerebro Guide sounds like a Wizard exclusive with bio entries; I couldn't find a copy on eBay so if you're not too busy, could you glance over that entry (or digitally scan it, lol) and see if it says anything significant about the character (specifically her powers) we might not know? Only if you're not too busy. ;)

Also, I've seen the cover to New Warriors #1 (I think I'm looking at the right volume...) and I don't see her. Unless she was on the back part of the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught Reborn View Post
    I appreciate Penance. Robbie's finally grown up and stopped bouncing around.

.....oh, wait. This is about the other Penance.

Did Loners #6 actually confirm if 'Hollow' is the original Penance?

And isn't calling a group "Loners" kind of missing the point of the word?
    Yes, this thread is about the real Penance. The girly Penance. ;)

They're actually Excelsior, but they had to be renamed because Stan Lee has a copyright on the word. Don't ask me how. In any case, their name is not their fault, because of that.

And I'll tell ya, Loners #6 didn't confirm this! It was outright said in the solits, but it totally seems like, powers-wise, that this could be some sort of experiment based on Penance. And we all know we can't trust the solits. Which is why I named this the "Penance/Hollow" thread, not the "Penance (Hollow)" thread. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    hopefully they just say that monet and her twin sisters simply possessed the body of penance when they inhabited it. subduing her own consciousness until she was finally freed.
    That's what I want, but I'm not sure C.B. will do that. Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by blinkinrogue View Post
    faded, is ure avatar drawn by bachalo?
    It looks more like Hollow, drawn by Karl Moline. At least, the coloring does (which, I know, wasn't done by Karl Moline, lol).
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 11-25-2007 at 10:08 AM.