View Poll Results: Give Penny an apple? (adds 1 to Penny's Apple Score)

Voters
90. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

81 90.00%
  • No

3 3.33%
  • Who?

8 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 81 of 98 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1457

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Because she (Penance, not Hollow) is one of the many stars of that make-believe version of the movie Valentine's Day.

Compare with the original poster:

I see. Now I get it. Thanks a lot.
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Apparently this was a double-post.

Allow me to replace it with a random but awesome image:

Last edited by Starleafgirl; 08-08-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I see. Now I get it. Thanks a lot.
    No problem. ^.^

==============
    New Poll: WHICH MARVEL PROPERTY DO YOU THINK JOSS WHEDON IS MOST LIKELY DEVELOPING FOR ABC?
    http://www.comicbookresources.com:8080/?page=poll&id=93

Although it seemed unlikely, I had to vote The Loners out of fandom loyalty. Can you imagine a Whedon-written Penny/Holly? Squee!

Nice to see Runaways leading over S.H.I.E.L.D., at least! :)

Further thoughts here:
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ion-Show/page3

What I WANT against all reasonable expectations:

1. Generation X - Reason: Penance!! <3 Chamber!! <3 /fangasm. Not to mention a group of teens is something Whedon does well. Though I'll admit, it's not likely to happen. Especially given the special FX needed for Penance and Chamber alone. Can you imagine that for nearly every episode? Heh.

2. The Loners - Reason: Phil Urich & Hollow tragic love story, told over many episodes as Phil slowly descends into madness. :D Other romance angles within the series could pander well to ABC's target female demographic. The superheroics are downplayed, even actively avoided, meaning it won't need as big a budget as some other properties.

3. Runaways - Reason: A group of super-powered teens whose parents are supervillains and who hate the whole superhero dynamic, providing plenty of opportunities for snark? How can Whedon resist?

What I think we'll GET:

1. S.H.I.E.L.D. series - Reason: Connected to the Marvel movieverse, able to tell case-of-the week tales on the small screen, then tie the story into the movie if it's still around when Avengers 2 comes out. If set before Coulson's death, they could hire the actor back to play the very popular character again.

2. Avengers Academy - Reason: It has "Avengers" in the name, clearly taking advantage of the movie's success, without needing to feature any of the movie's big names. Could also be a backdoor introduction to a new Avenger for the Avengers 2.

3. Black Widow TV spy series a.l.a. Jennifer Garner's Alias series - Reason: Tied to the Marvel movieverse and plays to one of Whedon's key strengths, which is a female-led series. And again, since she's not super-powered, the special FX budget would be relatively low when compared to other superhero properties. However, can you see ScarJo doing TV? I can't.

4. Hawkeye TV spy series - Reason: See Black Widow, minus the female angle.

5. Something Completely New - Reason: Because Joss is at his best when he can create. Wonder if he'd pull Blindfold into it, though, considering he created her?
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 08-07-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Which policy did Captain America change? Because Penny is covered under MRA (Mutant Registration Act), not SHRA (Super Human Registration Act).
    Did some wikipedia research on it. Captain America repealed the SHRA, which covers anybody with super powers or "exotic technology." The MRA is technically still on the books, but was really only used in extreme situations and hasn't been prominently mentioned since the 90s. Unless forced mutant apprehension and registration comes into effect after AvX or Penny does something to publicly endanger humans, she should be hopefully safe for the time being and shouldn't need to necessarily be hidden from the government. That being said, she has been experimented on in the past by independent groups and likely doesn't have the daily living skills necessary to take care of herself in normal society, so she should stay with others. Still think a school for mutants would be the ideal place for her safety and comfort! :D

In that issue, X-23 is exposed to the cure, leading her to suffer from adamantium poisoning. However, it would've had a much more interesting affect on Penny. Think about it... if Jeremy Briggs' plan to distribute the cure worldwide, without anyone's permission, it would "cure" all mutants. It would put an end to the X-Franchise as we know it. It'd be like Generation M all over the world. Which is why it's interesting to me that something with such far-reaching consequences is in a little book with even less advertising, Avengers Academy #34.

More importantly, it would give Penny the chance to FINALLY be a normal girl. We could see what she really looks like, maybe hear in her own words what her past is (as best she remembers it) and where she comes from, how she got involved with Emplate, etc. Such exciting story possibilities!

Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to lose Little Miss Red, but after everything she's been through, from her wartorn origins to years of torture at Emplate's hands to being sent away from her family and friends at the Massachusetts Academy, to being captured/sold to Fujikawa Industries, to enduring whatever Ms. Fujikawa put her through during her time there, to falling for soon-to-be supervillian Phil Urich... doesn't she deserve her happy ending?
    Hmm, that would be an interesting route to take with the character. It would be cool to see her living as a human; although, I'd really be concerned about her mental health and safety. She would need a lot of care before reintegrating back into society. As much as she's been a victim in the past, she would likely be terrified about having no way to defend herself. It would make for a very cool psychologically gripping story. Maybe Jubilee could be her super powered guide and protector!

And in that vein of thought, there's a pleasant surprise for anyone who manages to make it to the final page of Mutant Magazine v2 #3: Special Edition, which you can read/download here.

Throughout the magazine, there are various ads (lol, Cover Girl, etc...)... the last page is an ad for that ridiculous movie Valentine's Day (you may remember it as the sibling to such rom-com movies as New Year's Eve, etc.). This is the mutant version, however, and stars such mutants as Penance, Chamber, Synch, and Serafina! Storm and Siryn and such are in it, too. Go ahead and look 'em all up if you want. :)
    Oh cool, I had never seen these before. Can't wait to read the whole thing, seemed pretty funny. Woot, would love to see Penny in a rom-com, JoPen 4life! Thanks for sharing!

Can you imagine a Whedon-written Penny/Holly? Squee!
    Hehe, my thoughts exactly! A Whedon GenX revival would be the greatest thing to ever happen in the history of things! I could see him singling Penny out as his favorite pet character liked he seemed to do with River in Firefly, and they have a lot of similarities so I'm sure he'd have a lot of great ideas already in his head for her. Of course a Loners series would be really cool too, and like you mentioned in the other thread, could be done on a pretty low budget. I could see it as a similar show to Angel, with a group of former heroes trying to help people in need without resorting to costumes. Whedon could handle the Urich/Penny relationship a lot better than Celbulski. And of course I would die to see a Whedon version of Darkhawk. :P

Hi nate-grey! : )
    Hey RLAAMJR! How are you?
    Last edited by nate-grey; 08-08-2012 at 05:53 AM.

nate-grey, i'm not really fine but i'll just say i'm fine. : )

So Penance is a mutant?
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Ah, so MRA is like one of those laws that's on the books, but people don't really think/bother with it unless they are lawyers, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nate-grey View Post
    That being said, she has been experimented on in the past by independent groups and likely doesn't have the daily living skills necessary to take care of herself in normal society, so she should stay with others. Still think a school for mutants would be the ideal place for her safety and comfort! :D
    Indeed! A mutant school would also be the perfect place for her to learn how to be integrated into human society, surrounded by those who know who she is and what she's been through, until she picks up basic life skills. Though Jubilee as her super-powered protector is a great idea, hehe. They could even go dress-shopping together (take that, X-23!). ;D

Oh cool, I had never seen these before. Can't wait to read the whole thing, seemed pretty funny. Woot, would love to see Penny in a rom-com, JoPen 4life! Thanks for sharing!
    Or "PenJo," lolz. You're welcome! :D

Hehe, my thoughts exactly! A Whedon GenX revival would be the greatest thing to ever happen in the history of things!
    Exactly! ;D

I could see him singling Penny out as his favorite pet character liked he seemed to do with River in Firefly, and they have a lot of similarities so I'm sure he'd have a lot of great ideas already in his head for her.
    That's true, Penny can totally do that "on the ceiling" thing. ;D

Of course a Loners series would be really cool too, and like you mentioned in the other thread, could be done on a pretty low budget. I could see it as a similar show to Angel, with a group of former heroes trying to help people in need without resorting to costumes. Whedon could handle the Urich/Penny relationship a lot better than Celbulski. And of course I would die to see a Whedon version of Darkhawk. :P
    What a great idea! Because Loners isn't really a TV-able concept unless they actually want to HELP OTHER PEOPLE in between bouts of self-interested whining. ;P Agreed that Whedon could handle "Phillow" (lol) a lot better than C.B. -- Would a Whedon version of Darkhawk end up a lot like Xander if you were able to help him create it? ;P

So Penance is a mutant?
    Of course! ;)

I thought Penance is transformed through magic.

I thought Penance is transformed through magic.
    Of course not, silly (unless your name is Larry Hama)!

That's how Emplate put Monet inside Penance's body, though.

Of course not, silly (unless your name is Larry Hama)!

That's how Emplate put Monet inside Penance's body, though.

Agreed. I still like the idea that Penance/Hollow/(future name here???)'s real name is Yvette.

Need your votes for our dearest Hollow/Penance. : )

link: http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/65-31...t/92-686375/#6

you need to have a comicvine account though.

please don't forget to vote ok? : )

link again: http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/65-31.../92-686375/#19

Need your votes for our dearest Hollow/Penance. : )

link: http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/65-31...t/92-686375/#6

you need to have a comicvine account though.
    Yay, lol, voted for the Girl in Red.

*looks at results* At least she's beating Pixie!! :D

What I posted:
    ===========

How could Wolverine Girl have so many votes? She's so bland, especially compared to Penance. /hates-on-your-favorite-character :x

Still, anything's better than Pixie I guess, lol, or Hope.

1. Penance/Hollow (the best at what she does... lolz. /more-trolling)

2. Jubilee (pretty awesome)

3. X-23 (I don't hate her, I just don't think she's very interesting... still, the fact that she has claws on her hands and feet like Penance scores her some points. Also, the puppy issue in Avengers Academy/X-23's backstory).

4. Shadowcat (NEVER seen the appeal of this character. Don't hate her, but feel Jubilee is far superior)

5. Armor (She's Asian and generally not annoying -- unlike Pixie and Hope -- so I don't hate her)

6. Pixie (Hate her pink-haired self, always stealing opportunities that belong to better characters... though Brian Wood has made her readable, even funny, lately)
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 08-10-2012 at 10:33 AM.

we need more votes for Hollow/Penance!

Starleafgirl, can you create a new topic in Hollow/Penance's forum in comicvine?

Some sad news for those that're hoping to seeing Penance/Hollow (again) within the AA Series, via Christos Gage's Twitter Page.

Avengers Academy ending at Issue #39 .
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 08-15-2012 at 10:18 AM.