View Poll Results: Give Penny an apple? (adds 1 to Penny's Apple Score)

Voters
90. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

81 90.00%
  • No

3 3.33%
  • Who?

8 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 98 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Penance/Hollow Appreciation

I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction....

The final issue of Loners #6 came out today and, after reading it, I decided to make this thread. Truthfully, I decided to make this thread a while ago, but I was waiting for Loners #6 to come out, thinking it would have some satisfying answers concerning Hollow. Turns out, not so much.

Oh yeah, and Penance is my number one favorite Marvel character ever. Yup.

Image Gallery here This image gallery has most of my collection in it.

October 2011: Currently residing at the Avengers Academy in Los Angeles.

Penny loves apples!

Select Yes in the poll to give her one! ...Yeah, it's silly, I know.

http://squiby.net/view/6385567.png
    Penndragon (adoptable)
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 11-21-2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Added Apple.

*appreciates*

OMG I TOTALLY FORGOT IT WAS OUT TODAY.
    THEY BETTER OPEN THEIR DOORS FOR ME!
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Love. Psylocke. Forever.

I bought it today because it was recommended to me but don't have the first 5 parts!! HAH!! I haven't read it yet, though.

I ALWAYS loved Penance, she was one of my very favorite from Generation X. I'm excited to see her face again!

I think I saw her fighting Wolverine on the cover of a recent Marvel book, too. Was it Marvel Match-Up or whatever?

i loved penance before the mess that was the St. Croix fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    *appreciates*

OMG I TOTALLY FORGOT IT WAS OUT TODAY.
    THEY BETTER OPEN THEIR DOORS FOR ME!
    OMG, GOOD LUCK!!

Quote Originally Posted by XYagentguy View Post
    I bought it today because it was recommended to me but don't have the first 5 parts!! HAH!! I haven't read it yet, though.

I ALWAYS loved Penance, she was one of my very favorite from Generation X. I'm excited to see her face again!

I think I saw her fighting Wolverine on the cover of a recent Marvel book, too. Was it Marvel Match-Up or whatever?
    I'm glad to see the Penance love, yay! :D I have to say that issue #6 is a disappointment when it comes to Penance (Hollow) and I hope there's a second Loners mini so that C.B. can explain more about how Penance ended up in L.A. and such.

I'd suggest you wait for the trade paperback, I heard it's coming out on Dec. 19 for 14.99. There's also going to be a Loners 10-page story in the Marvel Holiday Special but I'm not longer certain if Penny (can we call her Holly now?) will be in it.

Her fighting Wolverine on the cover of a recent Marvel book? Are you sure you weren't dreaming, because I know that would be a dream to me! You may be thinking of the cover for Loners #3 or the cover to ... it's a long name, I'm just going to show you the picture, lol:

If this isn't what you had in mind, please do track down that cover of her fighting Wolverine! :) Oh, wait, do you mean Penance as in Robbie Baldwin as in the former Speedball as in the guy who stole Penance's name and forced her to be renamed to Hollow? Because I know he was fighting Wolverine on a recent Marvel cover! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkinrogue View Post
    i loved penance before the mess that was the St. Croix fiasco.
    Me too! The St. Croix fiasco made me so mad. However, at least she's still her own person after all that. Just who that person is remains a mystery at this point...

===
    Oh, and, rather than hotlink a bunch of random Penance or Hollow images to this thread, I suggest you view them here. If you've got anything to add, including fan art, go for it; there's a Fan Art section.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 11-22-2007 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

Me too! The St. Croix fiasco made me so mad. However, at least she's still her own person after all that. Just who that person is remains a mystery at this point...
    yes, but what about that scene when emma read her mind, that wasnt explained too..... :(

Quote Originally Posted by blinkinrogue View Post
    yes, but what about that scene when emma read her mind, that wasnt explained too..... :(
    I agree, totally unexplained. So Monet was born in the capital of Serbia, big deal! Are we seriously to believe what Emma saw was... what, latent memories from when Monet was a newborn?? I don't think so. If C.B. has created a new identity for Hollow, I hope it includes a war-torn country, thus explaining when Emma read Penance's mind.

I agree, totally unexplained. So Monet was born in the capital of Serbia, big deal! Are we seriously to believe what Emma saw was... what, latent memories from when Monet was a newborn?? I don't think so. If C.B. has created a new identity for Hollow, I hope it includes a war-torn country, thus explaining when Emma read Penance's mind.
    hmmmm i doubt it LOL... im seriously thinking editors will just wish fans will forget about the earlier issues of gen x and move on as if nothing happened (too bad most gen x fans have good memories lol).

I much preferred the versions of M and Pennance from the early issues of Generation X as opposed to what they were changed into.
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I much preferred the versions of M and Pennance from the early issues of Generation X as opposed to what they were changed into.
    Yeah, because they rocked. :D And that's why Gen X fans have such good memories -- because the early issues were so good. ;)

Yeah, because they rocked. :D And that's why Gen X fans have such good memories -- because the early issues were so good. ;)
    another mystery in the earliest issues of gen x.... M's connection with gateway, she called him mentor, and that was not explained too. ALthough u have to give credit to writers then, M i thought knew who penance already was when gateway brought her to them.

Love. Psylocke. Forever.

Her fighting Wolverine on the cover of a recent Marvel book? Are you sure you weren't dreaming, because I know that would be a dream to me! You may be thinking of the cover for Loners #3 or the cover to ... it's a long name, I'm just going to show you the picture, lol:
    No it was definitely just Penance and Wolverine brawling on the cover. It was hard to tell it was Hollow/Penance because she was in sort of a battle suit.

I will try to find out what it was I saw.

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...yTanHollow.jpg

I'm a fan of Hollow. I got Billy Tan to commission this sketch at San Diego Con 07. Enjoy.

Love. Psylocke. Forever.

I'm a fan of Hollow. I got Billy Tan to commission this sketch at San Diego Con 07. Enjoy.
    Wow that is really neat!! Does Billy Tan have any sort of connection to Hollow that he knew how to draw her so well?

Well he liked the design of Hollow.

However I gave him a lot of references to choose from.

Even though he was very busy at the Con, he finished this quick and enjoyed drawing her.