Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Denial View Post
    Is that the same kid who played Leto in Children of Doom?
    Indeed it is. James McAvoy. Though I assume you mean Children of Dune....I'm not sure Doom has any children yet. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Indeed it is. James McAvoy. Though I assume you mean Children of Dune....I'm not sure Doom has any children yet. ;)

Cool

I liked him it that and as Thomas in GON.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Yeah Dune.

Oops.

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

Well, I was annoyed by Millar's blatant in your face attitude in the comic. Add to that the whole Eminem stunt, and I wrote off even reading the book. Then I hear more about the movie. The cast looks great and the director is very interesting after having seen the breautifully shot Night Watch.

As for a change of tone. Perhaps, just perhaps, they're covering up that this league is actually a bunch of villians. Maybe they want to leave that as a twist for some reason.

I rather hope they have the balls to post that really crude and insulting ending. I doubt it though. Actually, I thought I heard Millar said it was already out.
    Xenos

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT! View Post
    I don't see how the movie trailer veers from that.
    It might not veer from that, and it doesn't necessarily have to. Like I said, my problem with Wanted wasn't the nature of the subject matter, it was that the execution did nothing to engage or entertain me. The trailer makes the movie look at least somewhat entertaining, in the way that big dumb action movies can be. (Bearing in mind the rather stark distinction that can be made between "entertaining" and "good" when dealing with movies like this.)

I'm not a fan of the comic either but at least the supervillan hook was somewhat interesting.
    Well, we'll have to agree to disagree because it did nothing for me.

This just looks like another generic action movie.
    A properly executed generic action movie can be fun to watch.

All I'm saying is that the trailer makes the movie appear to be more entertaining than the book. But since I found the book to be almost completely devoid of any entertainment value ... draw your own conclusions.
    Last edited by kalorama; 10-31-2007 at 09:40 AM.

Here's the real question - how much money is Millar making off this?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Parts Unknown, a suburb at the edge of INSANITY

I somewhat enjoyed the trailer. I liked the series and I try not to compare the both because Millar had his own vision in the series he wanted to relate which due to numerous reasons could not be accurately translated in the film version.

I think it should be a very interesting action film loosely based on the comic series of the same name. I will wait and pass complete judgment on what I see once it comes out.

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Wanted" Trailer Screen Grabs

The "Wanted" trailer has been released online, and CBR has an enormous gallery of screen grabs from the hotly anticipated Angelina Jolie-starring flick based on the Mark Millar & JG Jones graphic novel.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12242

Prepare for war wingsofdamnation's Avatar

man im dissapointed. i loved the graphic novel and when i found out they were making a film adaptation i was so psyched. now it looks like a generic shoot'em'up movie instead of what its supposed to be

I thought the comic was okay, nothing too spectacular, hell I read it at Barnes and Noble and left it there. Still the idea was fun and some of the characters were fun. I'm kind of sorry that they're not being faithful to the comic, but it still looks like a fun action movie so I'll probably watch it.

I do hope they keep in the line about goats though, that was my favorite bit of dialog in the whole book.

The odd part is, the Fraternity bit seems to nullify the heart of Wanted - the learning to act without any kind of morality. And the twist ending, with the big FU to the reader. That's what made Wanted Wanted, even more than the supervillains.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

So they turned a comic with villain main characters about supervillains having beaten the superheroes, into a generic anti-heroy assassin-based action movie? Nevermind that I completely, utterly, and totally hated the ending of Wanted, but yeah, count me out.

Kinda disappointed.

If they're going to change the whole thing but the part about him being the son of the greatest assassain ever, just make a never property.

Still looks cool, but kind of a copout.

And I HATED Night Watch. Turned it off after half an hour.

it's Mr. Tumnus shooting people...count me in.

Let's get something straight here - this may not be about supervillains, but this isn't a "generic" shoot em up. I can't think of another shoot em up that features someone discovering their genetic legacy into a secret society of assassins committed to maintaining the status quo. I can't even think of anything close to that. As shoot em ups go, it's a pretty innovative twist.

-Expletive Deleted