Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Jonathan Lethem Enters the Unknown with "Omega"

New York Times bestselling writer Jonathan Lethem revives Marvel’s cult classic, “Omega: The Unknown," and CBR News speaks with him about the comic he loved so much as a teenager, he paid homage to it sin his seminal novel, “The Fortress of Solitude.”

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11990

Lethem sure uses a lot of big words!

I've been looking forward to this since it was announced two years or so ago. I'm thrilled that it's finally here. Lethem is a great writer.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

Stephen King beat him to the draw.

I kid of course. Seriously, it's great that this is coming out. But who here didn't write this book off at some point as vaporware?
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

I liked the original Omega when it started. That's when Steve Gerber was fresh off of Howard the Duck and the numero uno mover and shaker in comics.

I don't know from Lethem, but he's got great credentials and a love for the concept. Glad he is doing this.