Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Flash FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Asian Knight
    If I can recall, there was a reason why it was cancelled. DareDevil was a guest character on this. Or am I wrong about this? DareDevil saw in a green infra-red type of thing. He wore a black and red costume I think or was it just red?
    There was a black, Golden Age crimefighter called Nightshade who guest starred in two episodes of the series. He wore some form of infrared goggles. Daredevil guest stared on Hulk, not the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Drew
    I read the Flash link provided by Tymac, but I'm still curious...in what issue did Iris Allen "die?" In what issue did Barry kill Zoom?
    Iris was killed in The Flash issue 275 (original series)
    Zoom was killed in The Flash issue 324. (original series)

I remember reading somewhere that, maybe it was a Jay Garrick story, came upon a black speedster (I think they were adversaries for an issue or two), but then the guy went off to college, never heard of again. Anybody know of the guy's name?

I'm asking because I'm looking at The Flash pic that's been going around (he's reaching out for ring) and it looks like it's a black character to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus
    I just thought of something a couple days ago, and its been bugging me. Barry Allen sacrificed himself to destroy the Anti-Moniter's cannon, and since that was Pre-Crisis, and no one remembers the events of Crisis, how does everyone think Barry died?
    Apparently everyone knows there was a "Crisis" they just don't remember how vast it was. a Lot of Gls were killed to protect the Anti Monitors moon, and heroes went up and fought the Anti Monitor, and won :) Flash disappeared and Wally got the costume.

The don't realize the world shuffled after it. (personally I wish E2 Superman had asked what they all remembered, but that shipped sailed :( )

Have Wally gone the same path as Barry? I haven't read any Infinte titles yet but I browsed through the new Flash title which there is no Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by KnOwMaN
    Have Wally gone the same path as Barry? I haven't read any Infinte titles yet but I browsed through the new Flash title which there is no Wally.
    No. Wally went "somewhere else.." with his family. DC apparently got rid of him, but kept it vague enough to give them a loophole to bring him back if they want.

If he went into the Speed Force with Barry, then he would have been stuck there forever.
    I wouldn't call it Blackmail. I prefer Extortion! The "X" makes it sound Exciting!

I'm drowning and Monkeys dressed as lifeguards are throwing me anvils! - Dilbert

sorry if this has been asked but I dont want to read through the whole thread for fear of spoilers.

I am thinking of finally picking up the Johns Flash tpb's that I always heard so much about a few years ago, but after the events of Infinite Crisis I'm wondering if there is still a point. Now that Wally is gone, does his run still read well? Do things matter less? Also, was it Geoff's idea to have the mantle go ahead and shift to Bart? Or was it a DC directive he was forced to shoehorn in?
    talk hard

When Flash regained his speed after that chemical shower, (back in the day) he was found with a ton of spikes sticking out of him...
    It was assumed that it was a physical manifestation of his aura...
    Is this total bull?

Silly question:
    (but I still want an answer)
    Who has cooler hair?
    Jay-Dignified grey streaks
    Impulse-Flash grunge
    Quicksilver-He's slower that molasses, speed-wise, but what a 'do!!!

America's Defender SuperSince92's Avatar

I think the Flash FAQ is due for an update given we have a new Flash, no?
    Anyone else buying the #1's, but then waiting for the $1.99 digital copies? I predict a serious sales decline following Month 1 of The New 52.

what can mirror master do beside traveling through mirrors and trapping people in it.

Paper Tigeress Violently Apathetic's Avatar

Mirror Master (the current version) can not only travel through mirrors, but any reflective surface, including Cold's ice and the little wing thingies on the Flash's costume. He can also turn people into mirrors (and easily smash them), create mirror duplicates of himself and make himself look like other people using reflective images. I have a few annoying holes in my collection, but early issues in Johns' run (164-169) show that there are alternate realities (or reflections of reality) that Mirror Master can access through mirrors. McCulloch is actually one of the more dangerous of the Flash's Rogues, mostly because he is so difficult to pin down and makes it next to impossible to keep any of the other Rogues in prison.

I may be missing some of his abilities actually, his powers are very versatile.
    Oh….I must say I’m surprised at how readily you boys bastardized your code of ethics in order to justify a morally dubious decision. That was very grown up of you. - Cornfed

how does he create mirror duplicates of him self

He has a special mirror gun thing which was originally owned from the previous Mirror Master.
    Last edited by Magneto Rocks; 08-01-2007 at 05:46 AM.
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by marvelboy View Post
    A good idea for this faq would be to describe the Flash's powers in complete detail and what feats he has performed with his speed. Personally as someone who has studied physics I have no idea how Flash can go faster than lightspeed. Because there is nothing faster than light.
    Tachyons may be faster than light particles so that's not strictly true, we just don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    WHAT CAN THE FLASH DO?

Aside from thinking, moving and running really, really fast, Jay, Barry and Bart can vibrate their molecules through solid matter. Wally used to be able to do this, but if he does it now, whatever he vibrates through blows up. Wally can also lend other moving objects some of his own speed by extending his “aura”, an energy field that protects a super-speedster from the friction and heat their velocity creates.
    It looks like Wally can still do this without exploding stuff as he vibrated through the heads of Piper and Trickster to remove some explosives in Countdown #32.