View Poll Results: Gina Torres = Frenzy

Voters
106. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Hellz yes, Gina completely captures Frenzy's fierceness!

46 43.40%
  • It's a good match, but not perfect. Maybe if Grace Jones were younger?

34 32.08%
  • Who's Frenzy? Who's Gina?! I'm SO CONFUSED (and lame).

26 24.53%
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
    Just because Shan went all Susan Powter one time, does not make her a butchie mcbutchster! She's as femme as they come!
    She's skinny-butch. Srsly!

It's okay though, it's the kinda butch where you think she might be a cute boy at first! <3 <3

So what was everyone's favorite Frenzy appearance?
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    So what was everyone's favorite Frenzy appearance?
    I'm gonna have to go with Uncanny X-Men #300, where she kicks the arse of Iceman, followed closely by X-Factor #92.

Yeah, Uncanny 300 was great in general (<3 <3 Nightcrawler). Lobdell seems like the only writer to ever really put much into Frenz I think.

Uncanny #300 was good, I agree. I love her and Iceman reminscing about the "good ol' days" in the midst of battle. By why X-Factor #92, Daggy? All she really did was give a li'l speech to Senator Kelly and then get electrocuted. That issue portrayed the Acolytes a li'l bloodthirsty (the Kleinstocks, Senyaka, and Spoor going after the helpless doctors and nurses? THAT was cruel).

My favorite, besides X-Factor #4 (her first appearance) is the recent X-Men Annual. Carey really has a grasp on Frenzy and is doing her justice just as Lobdell had in the 90's.

During her Acolyte days, I didn't like Frenzy THAT much. She just sank into the background too much and I found myself staring at the Kleinstocks more than Frenzy. She had some great appearances as an Acolyte, but I think she as Frenzy, in her own costume and codename, is much more interesting than her as Cargill.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."

Plz plz post Frenzy's first appearance cover!

EDIT: Everyone, please stop with the personal arguments. If what you say has nothing to do with Frenzy or Gina Torres, then take it elsewhere. I don't want my thread to be closed because of this.

lolz. Can we please discuss how hideous her costume is? I mean, that there is a world of fug.

She looks light years better in her simpler outfit nowadays!

I really wish if something ever happens to Exodus that Joanna becomes the leader of the Acolytes. She's really the only logical choice, given her strong stance on mutant rights and all that, and her devotion to Magneto, and his ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaya Havoc View Post
    lolz. Can we please discuss how hideous her costume is? I mean, that there is a world of fug.

It was pretty fug, but it wasn't bad for the time period. I remember Beast calling her a female wrestler back in the day.

But yes, her newer costume is better, and very much like her outfit she had in X-Factor #5-6 and 33 (why she changed it so suddenly after #4, I have no idea).

Quote Originally Posted by Novaya Havoc View Post

Lol giant leather buckles. Everywhere.

ZOMG! What about Frenzy & Bling!? I can totally see it, though only after Roxy's 18... we don't need another Betsy on our hands! ;)

Frenzy's deffo better than Exodus. Exodus is too powerful to ever be interesting. I hate characters who are insanely powerful because they offer no triumphs for the characters. It's like "Oh, Exodus killed the Hulk. *yawn*"

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
    I really wish if something ever happens to Exodus that Joanna becomes the leader of the Acolytes. She's really the only logical choice, given her strong stance on mutant rights and all that, and her devotion to Magneto, and his ways.
    Agreed!

I wouldn't mind seeing an ideological split in the Acolytes honestly, with Frenz and Ex heading the two groups.

Frenzy's deffo better than Exodus. Exodus is too powerful to ever be interesting. I hate characters who are insanely powerful because they offer no triumphs for the characters. It's like "Oh, Exodus killed the Hulk. *yawn*"
    Agreed. And Exodus has a fug design. Frenzy keeps it simple and clean!