Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Director George Miller to Helm "Justice League of America"

Warner Bros. has announced George Miller ("Babe," "Happy Feet," "Mad Max") as the director of the upcoming live-action "Justice League of America" film.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11921

I thought rumor had it that it wasn't actually going to be live-action but something akin to motion capture. Either way, I don't think this movie really has any chance of being anything more than fun. Seems like there'd just be too much going on. But meh, I've been wrong before.
    Last edited by Armless Penguin; 09-20-2007 at 02:31 PM.
    Praise be to Nero's Neptune,
    The Titanic sails at dawn,
    And everybody's shouting,
    "Which Side Are You On?"

And Ezra Pound and T. S. Eliot,
    Fighting in the captain's tower,
    While calypso singers laugh at them,
    And fishermen hold flowers.
    Between the windows of the sea,
    Where lovely mermaids flow,
    And nobody has to think too much,
    About Desolation Row.

Mad Max huh. All I can say is that I wish him good luck on making the movie a success.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Here's hoping that this movie, if it does get made, isn't a total crapfest.

Shame we probably won't ever see another Brandon Routh/Bryan Singer Superman movie again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Here's hoping that this movie, if it does get made, isn't a total crapfest.

Shame we probably won't ever see another Brandon Routh/Bryan Singer Superman movie again.
    We probably would have if the movie wasn't viewed as a dissapointment. It just goes to show that Singer should have went and finised with X-Men instead of leaving to do a Superman movie.

The Live Action Justice League movie screams failure to me, nice that the animated DVD movie is about to come out soon.

Given the amount of money WB is going to have to put into this, it'll probably have to do Pirates numbers to not be viewed as a disappointment.

Given the amount of money WB is going to have to put into this, it'll probably have to do Pirates numbers to not be viewed as a disappointment.
    The hype machine have to be huge to pull that off. Im talking about pimping out Justice League comic books, Animated DVD's, etc.

Also how can they pull it off since Im sure that the people who play Batman and Superman currently wont have any chance of appearing and they are still having difficulty casting someone to play Wonder Woman.

Well I'm skeptical about the possibilities for this movie too but I don't think it's completely hopeless. The Justice League cartoon showed us that if you've got talented people on board you can tell a good story with all these icons running around.

Let's just hope they get talented people on board to tell a story with all these icons running around that everyone is going to want to see.

Well I'm skeptical about the possibilities for this movie too but I don't think it's completely hopeless. The Justice League cartoon showed us that if you've got talented people on board you can tell a good story with all these icons running around.

Let's just hope they get talented people on board to tell a story with all these icons running around that everyone is going to want to see.
    You see here's the thing, with the cartoon they dont have to worry about high profile special effects or casting someone to closely resemble the comic character.

All the cartoon needs was good writing, animation, then voice casting.

The timing in the live action film will be a problem if they are going to make it a origin movie of how they got together for the people new to the Justice League.

Timing can make or break the live action justice league movie also. Superman Returns was criticized based on that it lacked action while it relied more on the drama aspects. Hulk was criticized because it showed less Hulk smashing things and focused more on Banner.
    Last edited by Legato; 09-20-2007 at 03:30 PM.

I imagine this will be ALOT of action with very little secret identity character time. It'll probably be a Justice League origin story where they form a team by the end to combat the big bad.

I agree that there is SO many things that can go wrong with this as to make it almost hopeless.

Not completely hopeless, but close.

Please... call me Dave metalhead_dave743's Avatar

It is B.S. if they can't get Bale as Batman for this movie. He is the new face for the role of Bats and he is pretty widely accepted as Batman by the fans.

The only way I could see it work is if they get somebody older to play Batman seeing as Bale is more like a Year One Batman.

Stop getting comedy directors to make superhero films! Look at Superman, X-Men, and Batman Begins, three of the best comic book movies. Are Donner, Singer, and Nolan comedy directors? No! Were their movies good, YES!

Get people who make good films, not cheap comedy directors.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernorhythm View Post
    Stop getting comedy directors to make superhero films! Look at Superman, X-Men, and Batman Begins, three of the best comic book movies. Are Donner, Singer, and Nolan comedy directors? No! Were their movies good, YES!

Get people who make good films, not cheap comedy directors.
    The guy did Mad Max, which is far from a comedy film.

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead_dave743 View Post
    It is B.S. if they can't get Bale as Batman for this movie. He is the new face for the role of Bats and he is pretty widely accepted as Batman by the fans.

The only way I could see it work is if they get somebody older to play Batman seeing as Bale is more like a Year One Batman.

I do seem to recall hearing a rumour that they wanted to go older with Superman and Batman in this. I think that rumour was from a while ago though and I don't know how true, if at all, it might be.

I could see Clive Owen as Batman.

As much as I didn't like Superman Returns, I don't really see the benefit of doing a movie that doesn't fit into or build on any of the universes established by the existing films.
    "I think we can help. Mercedes is black; I'm gay. We make culture." - Kurt, Glee.