Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default DC Comics Solicitations for Product Shipping December, 2007

DC Comics has released artwork and solicitation information for new comics and products shipping in December, 2007.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11856

On the cover to Detective, it looks like Ra's Al Ghul has been transformed into Wolverine

Hawkman and the Atom, together again... sort of... Should be interesting to see if there's any sort of dynamic between Carter and Choi. Another reason for me to love Brave and the Bold, it would seem.

Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. volume two in January. Anxious for that. Just finished volume one and I forgot how entertaining this series was.

Bizarro 13" looks good, but Power Girl is still the only one I'm really thinking about investing in. The price tag is what holds me back on these guys, despite how good they look.

And it looks like DC predictably posterized the covers for JLA numbers 12 and 13. I'll definitely be considering the villains one when it hits the shelves.
    Check out my Hawkman Blog:The Stonechat Museum!

MILLAR/DITKO!!!!!!!!!!

They're finally collecting the unpublished short story they did for ORION in a TALES OF THE NEW GODS trade!!!!! :D :D :D

Oh, it'll be a merry Christmas indeed.

Once you wade through the Countdown dross, it looks like a pretty good month.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

I'm definitely getting JLA: Kid Amazo TPB, Infinite Crisis TPB, JSA PRESENTS: Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. VOL.2, and Teen Titans Go! #50 :D
    Teen Titans|Young Justice|Legion of Super Heroes
    New Mutants|Generation X|New X-Men

I'm into superhero teen team books..

~Young Mutants~
    Hellion|Rockslide|Dust|Mercury|Anole|Loa|Match|Indra

My Dream X-Team

~My Art~My Blog~

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    DC Comics has released artwork and solicitation information for new comics and products shipping in December, 2007.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11856
    I got to say Countdown Arena looks pretty interesting. Maybe we can get some definitive answers for versus forums.

Wheres my invisible Tiger Spiffy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NMoline View Post
    I got to say Countdown Arena looks pretty interesting. Maybe we can get some definitive answers for versus forums.
    Really? I'm disgusted by the concept. It's like a lame fanfic. "Batman fighting Batman -- to the death!". Yuck!

What I don't get is wouldn't it be in the Monitor's best interest to have as many of the same characters as possible rather than killing each other? Why kill people that could be part of your army just cus they arent tough enough?
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Wheres my invisible Tiger Spiffy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    What I don't get is wouldn't it be in the Monitor's best interest to have as many of the same characters as possible rather than killing each other? Why kill people that could be part of your army just cus they arent tough enough?
    Especially since I don't see why most of them would go along with this, at least willingly. So you have to coerce them, then make them kill their other selves, and then have the strongest of them serve you under coercion?

Oh brother. Ludicrous doesn't even cover this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    Really? I'm disgusted by the concept. It's like a lame fanfic. "Batman fighting Batman -- to the death!". Yuck!
    Who said it was to the death?

I'll be getting the Doom Patrol and Superman trades, maybe the WS stuff done by Gage and the Green Lantern issues.

Most of the solicits depress me though, far too many titles are repositories for uninspiring inventory fodder.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

It's a big month for me:

Outsiders/Checkmate: Checkout (maybe)
    JLA: Kid Amazo
    JLA: The Hypothetical Woman
    Infinite Crisis ($15 for 264 pages!)
    Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E vol 2
    Manhunter v4: Unleashed
    Superman: Redemption
    Doom Patrol v6: Planet Love (maybe - I've already got the comics so I haven't decided whether to rebuy them)
    Pride of Baghdad

New Goblino-Member ! BouffonVert72's Avatar

TALES OF THE NEW GODS TP

Written by Mark Evanier, John Byrne, Walter Simonson, Jeph Loeb and others
    Art by Steve Rude, Byrne, Simonson, Frank Miller, Dave Gibbons, Arthur Adams, Erik Larsen and others
    Cover by Walter Simonson

Don't miss this new volume featuring the greatest New Gods stories by a Who's Who of all-star creators! Recognized as one of Jack Kirby's greatest creations, the New Gods now play an integral role in the DC Universe. Rediscover the classic tales of young Scott Free, Darkseid, Orion and more in this softcover collecting stories from Mister Miracle Special, Jack Kirby's Fourth World #2-20, and Orion #3-4, #6-8, #10, #12, #15, #18-19! Plus, a never-before-published short story by writer Mark Millar with art by Steve Ditko & Mick Gray!

Advance-solicited; on sale January 23 o 168 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    I don't understand.

This is the same stuff that there is in the Omnibus Kirby's Fourth World (the one or two volumes in the past months, + those which are coming), or completely another stuff ?

Because I have allready preordered the Omnibus... So...

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

Crossover! Crossover! Where the real money from comics is made. Countdown-the T-shirt, Countdown-the Coloring Book, Countdown-the Wildstorm book, Countdown-the Red Son book, Countdown-the fanboy battle royale wank book, Countdown-the Lunch box, Countdown-the Breakfast Cereal, Countdown-the Flaaaaame Thrower!

And, my favorite, Countdown the Dan Didio doll. -pulls strings- "I'll kill your favorite character, motha----! Who's next?!" Adorable.

(With aplogies to Mel Brooks and Yougurt)
    Xenos