Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Loeb/McGuinness and Pak/Pagulayan Quadruple-Team the Incredible Hulk

If you thought Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino co-starring in "Righteous Kill" was big news, check out what the House of Ideas has planned in 2008 for the Hulk. We spoke with Loeb & Pak.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11797

BANNED

Yeah, Greg Pak brings the Hulk back to the forefront, writing the most interesting Hulk since Gary Frank was first drawing the series, and Marvel steps all over it...

Why not just put Ed McGuinness with Greg Pak on Incredible Hulk? Is this new series REALLY something that's needed or wanted? Hyperbole is in full swing, and the sheepish retailers will place those orders and the even more sheepish readers will probably buy it and will most certainly bitch.

Marvel is doing great this year, but they are also do some dumb things (Extending Cap's "death' storyline, Asgard floating above A SMALL TOWN..., Civil War's sloppy writing, Norman Osborn being put in charge of hunting down heroes like Captain America, villianizing Tony Stark, Spidey's unmasking and possibly the upcoming "reset", etc...), so I'm not exactly thrilled about this.

I'm not the biggest of McGuiness fans, but I think him drawing the Hulk would make me one.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

When we thought Hulk was getting good again... Why do Marvel does something like this? Really, why?
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Takes me back to Superman Red and Superman Blue. :D

So it looks to me like Heroes for Hire has been cancelled and that maybe, it will be replaced by a new team with Misty Knight on it.

Thumbs up

ed is FINALLY do something important :D
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

What are you doing to my boy the Hulk? This better not suck!!
    I'll be observing over here, UN-style!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    When we thought Hulk was getting good again... Why do Marvel does something like this? Really, why?
    I agree especially what happen to Wolverine when Loeb was writting him, and how he made the "Fallen Son" arc make little sense even though it did highlight some of the signs of Grief. :(

I kind of worried that Loeb may mess up the Hulk, and it would take Pak to save it ....again.

Although the bright side of this is that we are getting Pak to write about at the Hulk's life in the Post WWH world, before Loeb comes on to the title.

I'm also kind of shock that they may cancel Heroes for Hire because of WWH, well there goes the shortest comeback title that Marvel ever had.

And what is the fate of the Renegades, I mean I know Angel's fate is to get back with the X-men, but what of the others ? :(

Also Tom Foster gets a story in Aftersmash, wonder what it will be about, criticizing the heroes even more for disrespecting his uncle Bill.

That all I have to say about the news from this. :)

I think the idea of a Loeb/McGuinnes Hulk series is actually pretty exciting, especially considering they're not replacing the excellent team we've all come to love. (Pak/Pags).

I think having two Superstar artists on Hulk can only bring the character more publicity, readers and sales...and while I know that doesn't necessarily equate to good stories, I will as always reserve my judgement until I have the issues in hand...

One thing's for certain -- It's a great time to be a Hulk fan.

I called this! Not to toot my own horn but . . well actually that's exactly what I'm doing.

Devil Hulk!!

Hulk 3:16 - HULK SMASH!!! ivesaidway2much's Avatar

I remember the last time I was this unexcited by an upcoming Hulk project. It was just a little while ago. A story about the Hulk in space written by the same guy who wrote 1602: New World, Phoenix: Warsong, and Iron Man: House of M. Can the Hulk get lucky twice in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by Badfish40oz View Post
    I called this! Not to toot my own horn but . . well actually that's exactly what I'm doing.

Devil Hulk!!
    Um. Devil Hulk is yellow.
    Last edited by ivesaidway2much; 09-11-2007 at 06:57 AM.
    "A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."
    -- Peter David

Um. Devil Hulk is yellow.
    Crap.

I'm still predicting this has something to do with Devil Hulk though.

I was hoping Guilt Hulk. He's gigantic. He's obviously the most powerful Hulk of all. From his size, he'd probably tear up the cosmics the way the regular Hulk tears up regular heroes and villains.

Crisis Guy

I dont understand the reasoning behind putting Loeb on this book. Even despite the fact I hate his writing, Pak has been doing an incredible job on Hulk for the past year or more and just headlined the incredibly successful WWH. Makes no sense throwing Loeb into the works.

As for the red Hulk, it's possible with all the "hulk doesnt and has never killed" focus the books have had lately that Hulk will end up being responsible for the death of someone at the end of WWH, forcing the split in his pysche and physical alteration apparent in the promo red/green pic. That's my initial guess anyways.

Pak is doing the main Incredible Hulk book and a 12 issue Hulk story (the 3rd in the PH/WWH trilogy) all next year . .

Not sure how some people are twisting this around to mean that Pak is off the Hulk . .

Obscure villain fan CapnCaveman's Avatar

It looks like the Hulk went to the beach and forgot to put sunblock on one half of his face. And now he's really mad and wants to smash the sun.