Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    sexy ass kicking monk lawferran's Avatar

Default rpg gamers post here

im a rpgholic. the reason of this post is to get now names on rpgs to get and give opinion on some of the games that get posted. recently i got my hands on this great game called persona 3 i want to hear opinions an drecomendations. thanks beforehand

Haven't played any of the Persona series. (I've been aching to play the first one for about a decade now.)

My contribution to this thread: Fallout and Fallout 2. Play them and meet God.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    Haven't played any of the Persona series. (I've been aching to play the first one for about a decade now.)

My contribution to this thread: Fallout and Fallout 2. Play them and meet God.
    thanks i hope i get my hands on this two. try persona 3 cause its great and its a whole different story plus the graphics are sweet

Just as a warning: while there is no doubt that Fallout kicks supreme ass, there is a learning curve. It might get frustrating for the first couple of hours, but stick with it and you'll experience a very unpredictable, challenging, and entertaining game. I've replayed Fallout 2 several times, and each time it's different. The replay value is extremely high because you can do anything you want (e.g., killing children or being a peacemaker) and those actions determine what you can do in latter parts of the game.

For instance, one time I decided to put all my skill points in my unarmed attacks. I got so strong that I could punch people in the eyes and kill them instantly.

Yeah, you have the option to choose where you want to hit/shoot/stab/etc. enemies; you can cripple them, or take them down a notch with a shot to the crotch. All the while the dialogue screen relays hilarious messages. If you shoot a woman in the groin, it might say something like "You shoot Emma in the groin for 45 HPs. She takes it like a man."

Default wow

there is no doubt its good what platform holds this relic?

It's on PC only. Hopefully down the road a console will get an anthology of the series or something.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

I'm playing Persona 3 as well. This is my first Persona game and it's damn good. How far along are you? I'm in the middle of Summer break and stuck at a boss battle on the 98th floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    I'm playing Persona 3 as well. This is my first Persona game and it's damn good. How far along are you? I'm in the middle of Summer break and stuck at a boss battle on the 98th floor.
    just starting im at the entrance on the schoolduring dark hour.any rpg recomendations?
    im going to post a list of all the rpgs of mine so we can discus and you can recomend me some others. but that'll be tomorrow
    Last edited by lawferran; 09-07-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Well, my favs are Oblivion and Shining Force. I think there are other games too but yeah. I kindof forgot them.
    My Yu-Gi-Oh! card
    My magic card
    Magic The Gathering: Evil Ryu

Fear me.
    And my serpent.

The Seven Sins of Star Wars

1: Yoda can beat God
    2: Blaster pistols can blow up planets
    3: Lighsabers are as hot as the sun
    4: Luke Skywalker can move black holes
    5: Star Destroyers can blow up planets
    6: Darth Sidious rips Superman's head off
    7: General Grevious has Force TK

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is not canon to anything. Nor is the new Clone Wars movie.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lawferran View Post
    just starting im at the entrance on the schoolduring dark hour.any rpg recomendations?
    im going to post a list of all the rpgs of mine so we can discus and you can recomend me some others. but that'll be tomorrow
    Odin Sphere. It's a wonderful 2D side-scrolling RPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Baldurs Gate I and II.

The first real good RPG games to use the D&D system on Windows 95 or higher. I've played them through many times and always find it a great experience.

Heck I liked it so much that my first name ever on CBR before the board relaunch in 2004 was Run Boo Run which only makes sense if you've played the game. There are numerous NPC characters come across, some whom you can control, and one is a brain addled Ranger named Minsc who has a pet hamster named Boo. He says many hilarious things and in the RPG tradition if an NPC gets hurt nearly to the point of death they panic and flee. Minsc would yell the above catch phrase whenever he entered a panic state.

Knights of the Old Republic

such a wonderful game, finely crafted in every aspect, it's the game that made me know and love Bioware

Tales of Symphonia

this blew me away. Over sixty hours of incredible gameplay, excellent story, great graphics / soundtrack, awesome combat system. I often found myself playing it for six hours straight. The best game on the GC and in my opinion, the best game of the last generation

Second the vote for Knights of the Old Republic. Its a great Star Wars RPG. Avoid the KOTOR II though at all costs as it will break your heart. Its a great game and has a great story. But the developers were forced to rush the product to the stores long before it was ready for release so they cut out the ending. Every plot you've become invested in throughout the game is left unresolved and the last couple of hours of the game is just you fighting over and over and over with no plot. And the big bads you face that seemed so menacing throughout the game are utterly anti climactic given the loss of plot at the end.

I'm currently playing Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. It uses the same engine as KOTOR does and is basically the same game only with vampires and a slightly clunkier control system. You get to pick from several different clans of vampire to be and there are five different endings depending on how you play the game and who you ally yourself with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm View Post
    I'm currently playing Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. It uses the same engine as KOTOR does and is basically the same game only with vampires and a slightly clunkier control system. You get to pick from several different clans of vampire to be and there are five different endings depending on how you play the game and who you ally yourself with.
    what platform is this game for?

i havent tried the tales of symphonia...how is it