Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'm not saying she isn't capable of doing it, lead her own team with her own ideas, just that i don't believe Marvel would like to have the character doing it now.
    That's cool. Will you leave me to my hypothetical situation now?

My guess is that this is the Uncanny arc that follows Messiah Complex. Messiah Complex tears them apart, and it's not as simple as good guys vs bad guys but X-Men vs X-Men over what to do to prevent the extinction of all mutants. Whatever team Mike Carey is writing, are the outcasts who either leave or are kicked out for some reason.

Warren Ellis' run on Astonishing isn't starting until summer, and he said that was when things had reached a status quo.

Just like the Initiative came out of Civil War, I'm guessing that Messiah Complex completely shakes the foundation of everything, that leads to a major arc in Uncanny X-Men, which leads to even more changes in Uncanny 500. That's when things get restored to a new status quo.

Seriously Hepzibah? Jeez, stick any other mutant there instead.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    That's cool. Will you leave me to my hypothetical situation now?
    No, i won't. :p

Quote Originally Posted by kate-pryde View Post
    My guess is that this is the Uncanny arc that follows Messiah Complex. Messiah Complex tears them apart, and it's not as simple as good guys vs bad guys but X-Men vs X-Men over what to do to prevent the extinction of all mutants. Whatever team Mike Carey is writing, are the outcasts who either leave or are kicked out for some reason.

Warren Ellis' run on Astonishing isn't starting until summer, and he said that was when things had reached a status quo.

Just like the Initiative came out of Civil War, I'm guessing that Messiah Complex completely shakes the foundation of everything, that leads to a major arc in Uncanny X-Men, which leads to even more changes in Uncanny 500. That's when things get restored to a new status quo.
    If Carey's team are the outcasts, then what Brubaker's is doing? It makes much more sense that the Uncanny team is the outcasts one and X-men continues to be the black-ops type.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

This is further proof all of the Marvel books are being homogenized & further losing their individual identities.

this looked better in black/white.

still looks pretty good, though.

about the disassembled bit: if it is supposed to be like the avengers stuff then we're probably in for a treat: top name creative teams and a bunch of promotion from marvel to get the books back to the top of the charts. i just hope we don't lose too much in the process.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

I keep coming back and looking for Rogue on that image!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I keep coming back and looking for Rogue on that image!
    LOL. She's chilling somewhere else with Darwin, X-factor and the X-babies.
    "I'm deeply hurt, NOT."
    Blade X
    Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by streator View Post
    about the disassembled bit: if it is supposed to be like the avengers stuff then we're probably in for a treat: top name creative teams and a bunch of promotion from marvel to get the books back to the top of the charts. i just hope we don't lose too much in the process.
    Yes, giving X-Men some more publicity after the big Avengers push would be nice.

I just don't want to see many more characters go - I'm pretty happy with most of the X-Men.

I didn't like the fact that Rogue didn't even warrant an appearance on the cover...yet Hepzibah managed to get in on the shot. =(

I hope we dont have some stupid deaths, like in the Avengers.

That being said, I wouldnt be too upset with the number of X-Men being cut down a few by non-death means. I'm hoping we can get down to 2 teams (with Carey on uncanny!), and spread some of the characters out into other areas of the MU.

Rogue is gone, guys. We just have to deal with this fact.

*kills himself*

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, i won't. :p

If Carey's team are the outcasts, then what Brubaker's is doing? It makes much more sense that the Uncanny team is the outcasts one and X-men continues to be the black-ops type.
    It could be that way. But I'd assume Bru's going to get the Astonishing team in Uncanny for the arc leading to Uncanny 500. Maybe they are the outcasts, but it's more likely that someone like Rogue, Cable or Xavier take their teams and leave.

Another idea is what if the X-Men lose? Or at least Scott's team loses and the "bad guys" win?

What if Messiah Complex ends with Sinister and the Marauders in control of the Xavier Institute and the X-Men who are against him being hunted down?

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel K View Post
    Storm is too black.
    You can NEVER be too black, son!:p

You know, the X-Men seem pretty dissassembled to me already, ya know? all the teams are kinda disjointed--and the writing has been more crappy than Emma "man stealer" Frost.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Lorna Lehnsherr

Ok, can I just say this:

You know a cover is aweful when Hepzibah is the best looking girl on it. Almost like a young Sharon Stone, even.

Storm looks AWFUL! Now, I'm all for Storm bashing, 'cause I can't stand her, but she looked okay back in the day. They have been drawing her sooo old lately, and now this... I guess this was their attempt at bringing sexy back for her, but they missed tenfold. That Wakanda sun must be hella powerful, because she's suddenly twelve shades darker. And that hair... ugh. In the sketch I thought her hair looked cool. Now that it's colored. Sweet god, she needs the mowhawk again.

Kitty = pointless. On this cover, she is the easiest thing to look over. So boring on this cover.

Who exactly is the prominant Asian girl on the right? Most think Hisako, and so do I. Which sucks, 'cause I hate her. Others think Karma. Which would be great, 'cause I miss her. She looks okay aside from her spoilsport expression.

Bishop just looks like background shading. So, it pretty much suits him.

Anyway. Can't wait for the second cover... *choke*
    *Sigh of relief* Just checked, and yep... Polaris is still Magneto's daughter. Dodged another bullet.