Page 100 of 129 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1927

Quote Originally Posted by Cody H View Post
    He didn't get organic webshooters from at the end of The Other storyline. He got them at the end of a story in Peter Parker: Spider-Man in which The Queen turned him into a giant spider. At the end of the story, as the giant spider, he basically gave birth to himself and emerged with organic web shooters.
    I associated that birth with the end of The Other. My bad.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

I'm planning to start reading some Spider-Man comics. I have a couple of stories I'm planning to read. I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick, several sentence review of each.

• Spider-Man Blue - Specifically, how does it rank relative to Loeb's work on Batman and Superman
    • Mark Millar's Spider-Man (Marvel Knights)

Any other recommendations are welcome. Bearing in mind I like a more grounded approach to the stories with a focus on the central characters. I'm not usually big on stories which draw in other characters from the Marvel Universe. I like to keep limit it to just Spider-Man and his supporting cast.
    Last edited by clownprince01; 02-07-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor of the planet Krypton. Even though you've been raised as a human being, you are not one of them
    JOR-EL

Quote Originally Posted by clownprince01 View Post
    I'm planning to start reading some Spider-Man comics. I have a couple of stories I'm planning to read. I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick, several sentence review of each.

• Spider-Man Blue - Specifically, how does it rank relative to Loeb's work on Batman and Superman
    • Mark Millar's Spider-Man (Marvel Knights)

Any other recommendations are welcome. Bearing in mind I like a more grounded approach to the stories with a focus on the central characters. I'm not usually big on stories which draw in other characters from the Marvel Universe. I like to keep limit it to just Spider-Man and his supporting cast.
    I recently read the weirdly titled Spider-Man by Mark Millar Ultimate Collection, and it was really great. I have been out of the Spider-Man loop for a long time, and this story was a great welcome back collection. It involves a lot of classic Spidey supervillains, while focusing on a few of the best. (Some of the supervillains barely make an appearance, but they technically are part of the story.) The art is absolutely fantastic, and includes a couple issues drawn by Frank Cho, so that was a plus in my book.

No idea where it stands continuity-wise, but I would highly recommend this collection. Have fun!

Dave

Default Spider-Girl Volume 1 Clone Saga Questions

Q: Why didn't Marvel name that Spider-Man clone Spider-Boy?

Q: How come "Spider-Boy" never got a mini-series?

Default Spidey: the real clone saga

How did ya feel about this? Is this really how it was suppose to end with Harry behnd everything? It was a good read all in all though.
    :o
    Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.

-Sydney J. Harris :o

I believe this was in the JMS run, when Peter was a teacher. I can't quite remember who he was living in but that was around the time I stopped reading JMS. Anyway, he had a new set of friends and they tried to set him up with some girl. I think the girl was dressed in leather and had...er, whips and stuff.

Is this some messed up dream of mine or did this actually happen? If yes, did something come out of it or...? On the note of this "new set of friends" - what happened to them?

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by carloshll726 View Post
    Q: Why didn't Marvel name that Spider-Man clone Spider-Boy?

Q: How come "Spider-Boy" never got a mini-series?
    Might have something to do with this...

A while back in X-men during the time when Juggernaut was going good, they had an issue where Rhino had been experimented on and had become more Rhino like and less human. Was that ever followed up on again?
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Might have something to do with this...

Dang, man... I can't believe I had my heart set on an Astonishing Spider-Boy MC2 mini-series! Oh well.

I'm very far behind in Amazing Spider-man (early 600's). I read the story where the Chameleon (disguised as Peter) calls the wheelchair-bound Flash "Puny Flash." You could tell this hurt Flash and I was eager to see what repercussions that would lead to in the friendship between Peter and Flash but I read the next few issues and Flash wasn't in them which was disappointing.

So my questions are:
    After that story, what happens to the friendship between the two?
    Do they ever address the "Puny Flash" insult?

(Also, issue numbers along with the answers to those questions would be greatly appreciated).

how much is each issue of spiderman? and what are the dates they come out, i have heard its 3 a month??, the amazing spiderman i am talking about, i have tried searching the internet but everything apart from what i am asking is coming up so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

"My Mission Is To Protect And Serve (And Occasionally Get Laid)"

Quote Originally Posted by kryptondude View Post
    how much is each issue of spiderman? and what are the dates they come out, i have heard its 3 a month??, the amazing spiderman i am talking about, i have tried searching the internet but everything apart from what i am asking is coming up so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Usually 2 times a month. It is 3.99 an issue and the next issue (a .1 issue) comes out this week.

Default Spider-Man 2099

Q: Anyone know when Spider-Man 2099 comics will return?

BANNED

During the Other, Peter was reborn in a way.

They said his missing tonsils grew back and all scars and broken bones had been restored. Even his missing eye grew back.

Like with his totem powers we never got a clear answer as to what happened to this because of OMD.

However, we do know The Other and the Ezekiel + Morlun arcs are still in continuity due to the events of Grim Hunt showing Kaine becoming a pseudo-quasi totem Spider, and "Ezekiel's ghost" haunting Peter early on.

So I wonder: What happened to Peter's totem powers? Does Peter still have his tonsils?

My theory is that since The Other still took place the totem powers were only temporary and went away on their own due to the machinations of the mythical web of balance referenced at the end of Spider-Island which gave Peter the option to quit being a hero without ramifications.
    Last edited by MrV; 02-23-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    During the Other, Peter was reborn in a way.

They said his missing tonsils grew back and all scars and broken bones had been restored. Even his missing eye grew back.

Like with his totem powers we never got a clear answer as to what happened to this because of OMD.

However, we do know The Other and the Ezekiel + Morlun arcs are still in continuity due to the events of Grim Hunt showing Kaine becoming a pseudo-quasi totem Spider, and "Ezekiel's ghost" haunting Peter early on.

So I wonder: What happened to Peter's totem powers? Does Peter still have his tonsils?

My theory is that since The Other still took place the totem powers were only temporary and went away on their own due to the machinations of the mythical web of balance referenced at the end of Spider-Island which gave Peter the option to quit being a hero without ramifications.
    The "Other" powers have never been addressed.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The "Other" powers have never been addressed.
    closest thing we have seen is that kane poped the stingers in spider-island.