Page 1 of 129 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Thread where you can ask various Spider-man related questions

Hey I thought a thread where people could ask questions they don't feel a new topic is necessary for would be nice.
    I'm sure all the spidey geniuses on the board will help out.
    Maybe Sean could sticky it?

Anyway can someone tell me who wrote and pencilled the Queen arc? It looks like Ramos to me but my reprint magazine never credited anyone.
    Thanks!

* One note from the moderator. This thread should be for questions with definitive factual answers. If you want to ask about something subjective (e.g.-what someone thought of a story, or how two stories/ creative runs compare) you should start a new thread, assuming you're unable to find an indication that one exists on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikl C View Post
    Anyway can someone tell me who wrote and pencilled the Queen arc? It looks like Ramos to me but my reprint magazine never credited anyone.
    Thanks!
    Ok. Well, I'll give it a shot.

I think what you are calling 'the Queen arc' was actually a 6-issue long Spectacular Spider-Man arc (the 2nd volume, released back in 2003) that were primary divided into 2 arcs that were named 'Under My Skin' (the 1st two issues) and 'Changes' (for the other 4).

All of it was written by Paul Jenkins, but when it comes to art is a bit more trick; Michael Ryan did the art of the first arc, Humberto Ramos took care of the first 2 issues of the second arc and finally Paco Medina did the art on the last 2 issues of the 'Changes' arc.
    WARNING: Above post may contain mild to extreme sarcasm, odd humor, spoilers, lots of speculation, highly opinionated material, misspelled words, traces of caffeine addiction, full frontal nudity*, too many smileys and other possibly brain damaging things. Reader discretion is advised.
    *Ok, maybe not that one.

^ Fankoo!
    Knew i recognised Ramos!

I was out of the comic reading for awhile when this was going on. I know Ben Reilly(Scarlet Spider) ended up being the real Peter Parker. So what happened to the clone? What issues do I need to get? I have several Scarlet Spider comics but not his demise.

Crisis Guy

Quote Originally Posted by necrouser View Post
    I was out of the comic reading for awhile when this was going on. I know Ben Reilly(Scarlet Spider) ended up being the real Peter Parker. So what happened to the clone? What issues do I need to get? I have several Scarlet Spider comics but not his demise.
    Yeesh, thats a lot of back story to cover. Short version, Norman Osborn masterminded everything and, with Dr Trainer on his side, rigged the results of the test to show that Peter was a clone. It is later revealed in Revelations, which consists of Spec 240, ASM 418, Sensational 11 and Spider-man 75. Ben is killed off in the final part and Norman was revealed to be alive after all these years and the master mind all along in that same issue. Unless you are interested in the whole ins and outs of the Clone Saga, Revelations shoudl be more than enough to fill you in on the final fate of the clone and how the entire story turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by necrouser View Post
    I have my own little version to explain this, so allow me to indulge myself …

Theoretically he died in (adjectiveless) 'Spider-Man #75' saving Spidey (yes, the REAL one!) from the Green Goblin. Which to coincide with the return of Peter as Spider-Man (the REAL one, dammit!) actually had the title name altered to 'Peter Parker: Spider-Man' (who, really, was always the REAL one …)

But all and all, Ben was cool. He just wasn't … you know … the REAL one. :p

You can find all Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider apperances in Spider-Man (yeah, the RE--ok. I'll stop.) titles and in his own titles here.
    WARNING: Above post may contain mild to extreme sarcasm, odd humor, spoilers, lots of speculation, highly opinionated material, misspelled words, traces of caffeine addiction, full frontal nudity*, too many smileys and other possibly brain damaging things. Reader discretion is advised.
    *Ok, maybe not that one.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkWarren View Post
    Unless you are interested in the whole ins and outs of the Clone Saga
    The horror! The horror!
    *Ok, maybe not that one.

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Are questions concerning Ultimate Spider-Man applicable here?

I'm guessing no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post

I'm guessing no?
    I don't see why not. It's not like there's an Ultimate-related questions thread.

My question: How did Cletus Kasady get the Carnage symbiote back after Venom ate it?

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post

I'm guessing no?
    Sure, might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    My question: How did Cletus Kasady get the Carnage symbiote back after Venom ate it?
    I'm fuzzy on the finer points, but Cletus encountered his current symbiote in the Negative Zone. I think it was a story arc in the short-lived Webspinners series, and Peter wore his "Spider-Man Beyond" outfit from the even-shorter-lived Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon.

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    Sure, might as well.

I'm fuzzy on the finer points, but Cletus encountered his current symbiote in the Negative Zone. I think it was a story arc in the short-lived Webspinners series, and Peter wore his "Spider-Man Beyond" outfit from the even-shorter-lived Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon.

SEAN
    Yeah. Basically, Cletus found a new symbiote on another planet.

I'm torn as to whether Marvel should address it.
    1. It's got slight potential.
    2. It was a shitty obscure story.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post

SEAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    Yeah. Basically, Cletus found a new symbiote on another planet.

I'm torn as to whether Marvel should address it.
    1. It's got slight potential.
    2. It was a shitty obscure story.
    Thanks, guys! And I feel sure someone could address that plot point without actually referring to that story by name. Just have someone else visit that planet.

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Alright, small question here:

Was the Edward in SM:Reign suppose to be Brock? Reading some summaries like the ones on Wikipedia, it makes it sound like a different character/host.

Default ok comic fans out there i got another few questions for ya

#1)ok so does anyone know any good comic rumor sights out there that are up to date becides comic-book-resources and news-o-rama (spelling)

#2)so is there ever going to ever be a follow-up to the spiderman series (the Other) because spiderman got some new abilities and then Civil War happened and he hasn't used any of them wtf i mean come on .......

#3)so in the OMD storyline are they finally going to get rid of MJ or are they going to kill off Aunt May either way i think peter is basically going to get thrown under the bus again.....lol.......sigh

There is a sticky thread for questions!