Page 57 of 309 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

I'm thinking that Midnight is just bluffing, because he's an ass.

And Brain could've just been surprised by Jura's attack power. We'll see what happens next chapter.

.....Why are you still here spreading ignorant garbage about a series you haven't bothered to read a page of?

Seriously, do we have to report you to a mod again? Because your trolling exceeded the standard limit MONTHS ago, Loki. Especially with your ban-evasion looming over your head.

Considering we haven't even seen his magic in action, it's very unlikely that this is the end of him. I'm still going with the "berserk mode" theory.
    I hope so but even if, it will still not redeem OS in my eyes. Those guys got humiliated beyond redemption already. This are the guys who control 1/3 of the whole underworld in control? They are pathetic. Even Luxus who was one of the worst disappointments in whole manga didn't fall that low. And people were complaining about Gerard....

Well, he did partially self-destruct his own body. That's why he couldn't do anything back when Blaine dispelled the self-destruct on Nirvana right in front of him.
    I sure hope so. otherwise it makes no sense for him not to crush those chumps.

Actually, that might be a better excuse
    I still think that if plot would go like in my prediction: Gerard only fakes amnesia to lure Erza into false sense of security and then uses Nirvana to turn her evil, they beat both guild alliance and OS and escape would be much better twist ending for the arc than that shit we are getting.

Heck it would you know, create a conflict that lasts longer than arc.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

I have to say, based on what I've seen so far, this Oracion Seis is a lot weaker than Rave's Oracion Seis. I was hoping at least one of them would be as ominous as Deep Snow from that Oracion. Now that guy had a scary power: exerting control over all things that flow.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    I hope so but even if, it will still not redeem OS in my eyes. Those guys got humiliated beyond redemption already. This are the guys who control 1/3 of the whole underworld in control? They are pathetic. Even Luxus who was one of the worst disappointments in whole manga didn't fall that low. And people were complaining about Gerard....
    I think Racer, Angel, and Cobra were reasonably impressive. Broken, even. The other three admittedly aren't looking so good. (Hoteye because he looks silly and isn't obviously broken; Midnight because he's losing to Hoteye offscreen after all that buildup; and Brain because he keeps getting owned.)

I still think that if plot would go like in my prediction: Gerard only fakes amnesia to lure Erza into false sense of security and then uses Nirvana to turn her evil, they beat both guild alliance and OS and escape would be much better twist ending for the arc than that shit we are getting.

Heck it would you know, create a conflict that lasts longer than arc.
    It could still happen. I was going to say Gerard could've done it earlier, but waiting makes sense if he wants the two sides to weaken each other first (versus facing both sides while being depowered from driving Nirvana), and knew that Brain could dispel the self-destruct spell.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by questionsa View Post
    I refuse to believe someone that retarded(Natsu) is going to tap someone that hot and loose(Lucy).(or what the manga is impling) Mashima must be one of those people who like to pair stupid people with incredible smart and attractive chicks. Oh and the fan art doesn't help, Natsu needs hormones and a teenage personality to go good with the fandom wank. He's so freakin childish.
    back again i see? and you call me a troll. no one has once said that natsu and lucy should get together. what we were talking about was actually events in the manga. not that flame crap you are spewing.
    Last edited by master of read; 09-08-2009 at 04:03 PM.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by questionsa View Post
    I refuse to believe someone that retarded(Natsu) is going to tap someone that hot and loose(Lucy).(or what the manga is impling) Mashima must be one of those people who like to pair stupid people with incredible smart and attractive chicks. Oh and the fan art doesn't help, Natsu needs hormones and a teenage personality to go good with the fandom wank. He's so freakin childish.
    I don't even know what you are saying. They're not even remotely paired. And fan art? Who hasn't fan art paired?
    And Lucy isn't loose, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    .....Why are you still here spreading ignorant garbage about a series you haven't bothered to read a page of?

Seriously, do we have to report you to a mod again? Because your trolling exceeded the standard limit MONTHS ago, Loki. Especially with your ban-evasion looming over your head.
    Oh, it's him? Jeez. Why doesn't he have anything better to do?

It's true it's a disappointment. I woulda liked to see what Cobra would've done if Brain hadn't come along and offed him. Still, these guys aren't hitting the hype. I'd hope given their position, they'd be more challenging (and get away in the end).

I'm guessing Raven Tail is being set up as the Big Bad, but I'd like more underplots than just that.

I think Racer, Angel, and Cobra were reasonably impressive. Broken, even. The other three admittedly aren't looking so good. (Hoteye because he looks silly and isn't obviously broken; Midnight because he's losing to Hoteye offscreen after all that buildup; and Brain because he keeps getting owned.)

Yeah but even those three were shafted to get plot moving.

Racer: Mashima had to make his power something weaker than what it was originally presented as because he couldn't think of a way for Gray & Leon to win otherwise. I hate when authors do this. It alway feel cheap ( NEEDLES watchers know what I'm talking about).

Then he self destruct but it doesn't kill anybody 'cuss we cant have good guys dying oh no. Not even side characters.

Angel: First got betrayed by her own SS then get hit by one time Deus-ex-machina spell.

Cobra: He WON! He had Natsu beat! Then Brain ditches him 'cuss .... I don't know, he didn't win gracefully enough?

It could still happen. I was going to say Gerard could've done it earlier, but waiting makes sense if he wants the two sides to weaken each other first (versus facing both sides while being depowered from driving Nirvana), and knew that Brain could dispel the self-destruct spell.
    I hope this happens. It would redeem this arc and whole manga in my eyes and would show that Mashima is capable of making conflicts that last longer than one arc.

On the other hand I would wet myself from laughter if following scenario occured:

Gerard and Erza don't show for the final battle and the group meets them while leaving Nirvana with their clothes worn out which wouldn't be weird since there will be big explosion caused by nirvana destruction . After some brief misunderstanding Erza explains that Gerard i good now and everyone accept it and they continue walking.

But after fifteen minutes of so Lucy realizes something and asks :

"But Gerard, if you are on our side now then why didn't you helped us with your great magical power? Natsu told us that You defeated Brain easily back in the cave."

"We could use Erza help to for that matter." Gray adds.

"Yeah! Where were you guys the whole time since Nirvana activated?!?" Asks Natsu.

Suddenly Erza's face turns deeply red and her expression becomes that of a little girl caught red-handed on stealing cookies and Gerard looks sideways starts scratching back of his head and smirking nervously.

"You see, we had lot of catch-up to do so we were kinda busy..... sorry."

everyone

"I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Racer: Mashima had to make his power something weaker than what it was originally presented as because he couldn't think of a way for Gray & Leon to win otherwise. I hate when authors do this. It alway feel cheap ( NEEDLES watchers know what I'm talking about).
    In Needless? Are you talking about the Magic guy who's power to create anything he wanted turned out to be just optical illusion casting? That's not really the same thing. The One Fragment, One Power thing is a fundamental rule of their universe; they stated from the get go that he was violating this law, and at numerous points said "Somethings fishy, there must be some trick to his power that we need to find out" before they, in fact, did find out he was using a trick. That guys gimmick was therefore already hinted at.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Well, I dunno. I was predicting Leon would use his ice powers to make slippery ground that he'd slip and fall on. That seemed equally lame.

Folks, my apologies--I was out of town at Dragon*Con this weekend, and my return home was delayed due to a variety of factors. Questionsa, you've earned yourself a week off.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade View Post
    Folks, my apologies--I was out of town at Dragon*Con this weekend, and my return home was delayed due to a variety of factors. Questionsa, you've earned yourself a week off.
    How did it go?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

The con was awesome! Costuming, music, lots of art and cool shit for sale... I got some awesome little wings from Bast's Garden, and some cute kitty ears. Because I've been into anime for over a decade, been going to anime cons for just as long, and have never had a pair, much less a good pair. One set is black with dark blue fur floofy bit inside, the other has red fur floofy bits. :) The parties were pretty good, though I missed most of the big panels.

The impending head on from a wrong way driver on the interstate--not so much with the awesome.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

new chapter out!

and its seems midnight is stronger than we thought.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

OTOH, man, Brain sucks. Why is the leader dead last feat-wise? If he had smarts, he didn't show them off either.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion