Page 291 of 309 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 4632
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by fusionlord View Post
    I enjoyed gray's battle, there was a little more strategy and a little less hitting till things break. I am just happy to put all this chibi business behind. With the rather weird art in this chapter i couldn't tell if that bird came from the sky above or the ground below.
    The bird was seen a few chapters ago; it was the reason Happy and Charle were not wanting to fly around too much. At that time it was in the air.

Was Wendy affected by Doriate's magic? Because she pretty much looked the same even as Lucy and Flare shrunk to their child like states.
    Yes it did. Her sleeves were too long and her skirt fell off. So while the change might not have been as drastic as it was for the others, her arm length did shrink and her hips got smaller.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

*Watches FT x Rave OVA*

Damn, Lucy and Juvia, get it together! Even Wendy was more useful!
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

This may be an awfully long arc for what essentially just amounts to Natsu getting another power-up.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

New chapter is out.

It's really action-packed and fast paced. The fight coreography was real nice I thought.

I was expecting Gray to stand there doing stuff for a few chapters. Instead we got a quick twist.

Aaand yup, the whole mountain was the flame.

Gray used up his mana? I don't know when that would've happened, but okay.

Natsu said the voice in the flame was a familiar one. Any guesses?
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."

Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    Aaand yup, the whole mountain was the flame.

Gray used up his mana? I don't know when that would've happened, but okay.

Natsu said the voice in the flame was a familiar one. Any guesses?
    Atlas Flame maybe.

If it was Igneel's I'd think Natsu would recognise it from the get go.

In retrospect, Gray was lucky the Eternal Flame vanished. Methinks that directly touching a mountain sized fire would not have garnered the best results for an ice mage.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Atlas Flame maybe.

If it was Igneel's I'd think Natsu would recognise it from the get go.
    Atlas Flame seems too recent for Natsu to forget already...

Crackpot theory: The voice is Gray from the future, who came back in time and Ice-Shelled the village to prevent a catastrophe This would also explain present-Gray being able to handle the ice.
    Soap Operus

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    In retrospect, Gray was lucky the Eternal Flame vanished. Methinks that directly touching a mountain sized fire would not have garnered the best results for an ice mage.
    Gotta admit, it'd be kinda funny.

Saw the Fairy Tail/Rave OVA.

Like the manga special it was silly, but even more so due to the additional content.

Klodoa was a nice choice of villain for the whole thing. Poor Lucy.

Natsu's battle was surprisingly entertaining. I am equally perturbed by how Gray lost all his mana. His fight with Doriate lasted minute unless conducting the ice took more of a toll than we saw. Considering the size of the flame, one has to wonder how the village survived being so close, unless it was less of a raging fire and more of a still flame.

I just realized that maybe the reason the flame was frozen was so it wouldn't disappear like it did. Maybe the giants sacrificed their village to protect it. Doriate mentioned the gate to hades. Maybe the flame was the gate and some one was trying to extinguish it.

Has anyone considered the possibility that maybe Gray melted the ice and the water put the flame out. Because that is the kind of silliness fair tail would go for.

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fusionlord View Post
    Has anyone considered the possibility that maybe Gray melted the ice and the water put the flame out. Because that is the kind of silliness fair tail would go for.
    Or it wasn't a "frozen flame" at all, just a shell of umeltable ice around the flame... which starved it of oxygen and thus put it out.

New chapter is out.

spoilers:
    Who has two thumbs and correctly guessed the identity of the mysterious voice? *Points to self with both thumbs* This guy
    end of spoilers

Rumbles: Neat strength feat for Natsu tossing the monster out of the sky like that.

Then he goes all Dragonball Z on it spamming fire blasts from his hands.

Oh baby. Is it time for some answers?

That ice was really strong if it could freeze a DRAGON made of FIRE. Can even Iced Shell pull that off? OTOH, Gray shouldn't be able to tamper with an Iced Shell.

Also, the flying eyeball was surprisingly tough. Natsu had to overkill it for a whole chapter to keep it down.
    Soap Operus