Page 289 of 309 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 4626
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Chapter 347:

Fight chapter! And it is quite awesome I must say.

Some interesting, if sudden, revelations about Flare. That exploding hair technique she uses here would've been useful against Lucy. Also, I wonder if she really did joke about the stalking or not.

I think that this is the most close-combat oriented fight Wendy's ever had and she pulls it off just great. Well done Wendy!

Lucy flails about a bit but does well-enough, situational circumstances prevent her from really shining. But at least she gets in an awesome one-liner and her Lucy Kick is proven to be horizon blink worthy.

Again, fun chapter.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Chapter 347:

Fight chapter! And it is quite awesome I must say.

Some interesting, if sudden, revelations about Flare. That exploding hair technique she uses here would've been useful against Lucy. Also, I wonder if she really did joke about the stalking or not.

I think that this is the most close-combat oriented fight Wendy's ever had and she pulls it off just great. Well done Wendy!

Lucy flails about a bit but does well-enough, situational circumstances prevent her from really shining. But at least she gets in an awesome one-liner and her Lucy Kick is proven to be horizon blink worthy.

Again, fun chapter.
    Agreed, a nice chapter and a chance for Lucy to contribute to winning a fight instead of getting beat up by one of the big bads.

I think it must be a brick joke by now that Virgo is forever to be rendered useless even when you'd think she's be helpful. Doesn't help that when the guys deliver an aggresive sexist line to them she sorta happily complies. Virgo's strange...

I think Wendy's fight with Cheria involved a lot of close-combat, although a good 10+ minutes of it was flash-forwarded untilt he bell rang. Obviously that kind of experience has been good for her, because her wind kick can rebound a downward smash from that hand hammer. The buff from ARMS is also a lot better than I thought; in retrospect I guess it makes sense that Natsu and Gajeel were doing a ton of damage with their hits when affected by that spell. Always nice to see Wendy be a cute bruiser.

The name Flare Corona has plenty of sun-related references by itself, so I guess we should have seen this connection coming. The firefly hair bomb thing was a pretty neat trick.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Nice chapter! Didn't expect Flare's background. My only beef is none of the giants or buildings visibly sport the same crest when I recheck recent chapters.

Wonder what next chapter's "Return of the Demon" means.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I think it must be a brick joke by now that Virgo is forever to be rendered useless even when you'd think she's be helpful. Doesn't help that when the guys deliver an aggresive sexist line to them she sorta happily complies. Virgo's strange...
    Virgo is indeed strange. That's probably why she's my favourite of Lucy's summons.

The maid outfit also helps.
    I think Wendy's fight with Cheria involved a lot of close-combat, although a good 10+ minutes of it was flash-forwarded untilt he bell rang. Obviously that kind of experience has been good for her, because her wind kick can rebound a downward smash from that hand hammer. The buff from ARMS is also a lot better than I thought; in retrospect I guess it makes sense that Natsu and Gajeel were doing a ton of damage with their hits when affected by that spell. Always nice to see Wendy be a cute bruiser.
    Looking back on a few previous chapters that hand hammer withstood one of Natsu's fire-powered punches no problem. So Wendy + arms just shattering it is a damn good feat.
    The name Flare Corona has plenty of sun-related references by itself, so I guess we should have seen this connection coming. The firefly hair bomb thing was a pretty neat trick.
    ...damn you Mashima and you're surprisingly subtle hints!

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Virgo is indeed strange. That's probably why she's my favourite of Lucy's summons.

The maid outfit also helps.

Looking back on a few previous chapters that hand hammer withstood one of Natsu's fire-powered punches no problem. So Wendy + arms just shattering it is a damn good feat.
    ...damn you Mashima and you're surprisingly subtle hints!
    At the time, I think Natsu thought they were chumps and was trying not to kill them. But even with holding back a lot, blocking a fire-sheathed punch from Natsu does generally make its durability out to be solid.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Lucy Kick has certainly been upgraded.
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    Lucy Kick has certainly been upgraded.
    Maybe Virgo was doing the heavy lifting
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."

I was surprised by the revelations Flare made, about her hair that is. It should be interesting to see what will happen to Natsu when he eats the eternal flame-as we all know he will. if it can grant magic, it should create a whole new power up for natsu. Now that i think about it, i am not so sure it was that succubus eye mage that caused erza's age regression. considering how soon he met natsu after Erza was regressed, it is possible that the eternal flame was in the mountains Erza was investigating and that its power caused her age regression.

This guy's magic seems stronger than Human Subordination. I had forgotten about Zoldeo until reading the translated volume the other day.

Minerva's gonna Minerva. Unfortunately, the longer she bullies Erza, the more likely she gets destroyed instantly instead of having a decent rematch when the effect wears off.
    Soap Operus

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Nice naked flashback cameo.

The more i watch Erza vs. MInerva, the more evil she looks, the more certain i am that by the end of this arc,Minerva will become good. We will probably learn that she was on an undercover mission for the magical council, or Erza will save her life, putting her own well being in peril in the process, causing Minerva to see the fairy tail light.

I like that we got to see Gray spaz out and recover from the spaz out all in one chapter. It'll be interesting to see if he can bring down demon-face dude with his smarts.

Haha, Gray is boss. I'll just overlook how his magic didn't get nerfed as badly as the others', since even Doriarte was confused.

Erza, please. How many villains are fueled by friendship? That said, yay, we're getting our rematch! Only problem is I don't see why Erza would pull out Nakagami this time if she has two healthy legs... .... ...Uh, where was I? Right, Nakagami. But if she doesn't pull it out, we won't get to see what Minerva was planning.

I wonder if Erza has anything that can do a Solar Flare? That would be really useful here.

And finally, Rufus not only has magic Sharingan, but also Tsukishima's Book of the End. WTF? O_o But that explains how he dispelled Gray's ice shield when they fought.
    Last edited by MKTerra; 08-30-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    Soap Operus

Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    Haha, Gray is boss. I'll just overlook how his magic didn't get nerfed as badly as the others', since even Doriarte was confused.
    I think it's fair that Gray's powers didn't seem quite as affected. As Doriarte said, it nerfs your speed, strength, stamina, and magic. For Natsu and Erza, speed, strength, and stamina are a huge part of their abilities, with their magic just amplifying these. For Gray, he relies mainly on his ability to come up with different ways of using his magic, and his physical abilities haven't been on par with Natsu (much less Erza) since the beginning. For that reason, I don't find it too unfair/illogical that he was still able to use his magic effectively.
    When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.

He was producing relatively large ice platforms compared to Natsu's dinky fireballs. Maybe whatever magic froze the village is boosting his ice-floor powers, but doing nothing for his midair ice mallet. That's pure speculation from me though.
    Soap Operus