Page 286 of 309 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 4632
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Man, that was an anti-climactic way to end things. Makes you wonder if the anime-related announcements and other things scheduled for July 11th made him rush things to concluding this arc.

There is one plus side to this: no deus ex anti-dragon. The Dragon Slayers were only slightly effective, but couldn't actually beat any of the Dragons, as Mavis said with her foreboding observation, so at least Dragons remain uber and it's acknowledged that they would have all been probably screwed without this.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Finally I'm caught up. 150 chapters in 10 days... I feel like my brain is about to explode. I've read through this whole thread, too. I think absorbing it all at once helped me get over the asspull resolutions and inconsistent power levels.
    As for the most recent chapters:
    1. Are Jellal and Meredy gonna be able to get out of town without the council or Millianna holding them up? Where is Ultear's body?
    2. No Fairy Law from Makarov or Laxus? Huh?
    3. What was that important info Gray had to tell Juvia?
    4. Are the Dragon Sayers gonna help each other train? They can't even call themselves "dragon slayers" now. They've all been humbled.
    5. If Cobra doesn't go back to jail (not likely they'll let him stay out), will he join Crime Sorcerie?
    6. Would the Slayers have given a better showing if they weren't already weakened, or are the dragons just that more powerful?

Hopefully, the triple chapters coming up will answer most of that.
    Last edited by blackpariah; 06-29-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpariah View Post
    Are Jellal and Meredy gonna be able to get out of town without the council or M holding them up?
    Probably, unless the Rune Knights were busy rune-locking the city limits or something.

Where is Ultear's body?
    Hatchlings ate it

2. No Fairy Law from Makarov or Laxus? Huh?
    I KNOW, RIGHT?

3. What was that important info Gray had to tell Juvia?
    "¿Dónde está el baño?"

4. Are the Dragon Sayers gonna help each other train? They can't even call themselves "dragon slayers" now. They've all been humbled.
    It's pretty crazy that Sitri Mirajane ramming Zirconis in the chin barely fazed him. And then Luxus joined the fight and they still couldn't take him down. No wonder humanity was screwed in ancient times.

5. If Cobra doesn't go back to jail (not likely they'll let him stay out), will he join Crime Sorcerie?
    I dunno, he doesn't really know them.

6. Would the Slayers have given a better showing if they weren't already weakened, or are the dragons just that more powerful?
    Sting was fresh, but OTOH he didn't use Dragon Force or even White Drive, as far as we saw.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

So presumably Future Lucy went with Future Fairy Tail into the Future afterlife?
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    So presumably Future Lucy went with Future Fairy Tail into the Future afterlife?
    I think so? At first, I thought her timeline was resetting itself and she went back to her version of the future. But if the Eclipse Gate is broken, then her future never really existed (or is disconnected from the main timeline) and even if it still exists, why would the entire guild be standing out in a field? So yeah, I guess that's the afterlife.
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    Sting was fresh, but OTOH he didn't use Dragon Force or even White Drive, as far as we saw.
    This is probably the thing that bugs me the most with what we've seen of Sting and Rogue in their last few fights. They haven't used their drives of DF-modes. It just feels like Mashima forgot that they could even do it in the first place which just leads to a whole series of complaints.

The first of three chapters this week!

M-my image of Kagura has been dealt a 3-hit combo
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

338:

A great little breather chapter with lots of funny moments. Drunk Kagura was the best though.

I hope that Yukino gave Sabertooth a second chance. I wonder when we'll see Minerva again, still thinking she can show up with Tartaros.

What Natsu did actually kinda surprised me.

I'm not sure what to think about the Gray/Juvia bit though. It just feels like such a non-resolution.

Ghost Mavis is the best still.

339:

A more serious breather.

I liked Ultear's ultimate fate and Cobra's desicion was actually a surprise. Some really nice foreboding forshadowing too.

340:

The only really important thing here was the Zeref/Mavis... conversation I guess we can call it. There was just something epic about seeing these two on page together basically declaring war against one another. And I like to think that Zeref just sat in that one place for seven years while philosophising.

It was rather heart-warming to see Fairy Tail get their old building back.

Jaw Squad Member

Did... did Erza just hide the three cats in her cleavage?
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Lots of things to touch on:

338:
    *Lot of neat designs for the dress up costumes. Yukino looks great. I'd fight over her too
    *Ghost Mavis going after Chelia's dessert, lol
    *For some reason I really laughed at Ichiya randomly demanding 'that song' to the band, while he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.
    *Stealth Wendy Panty Shot in Cover page.
    *Cats were in Erza's cleavage? All 3 even?
    *Pumpkin King confirmed
    *Doubt we've seen the last of Milliana's grievances with the Jeral situation.
    *Drunk Kagura is funny
    *Thought it was awesome that Lisanna fourth-walled herself about Yukino's similarities

339:
    *Yummy cover! Is that the princess in the back? So she has green hair, didn't picture that.
    *Collateral damage and memories weren't changed, so only some of the things could be reversed by the gate.
    *Ultear is now an old lady, but she seems happy now, and I'm glad that Gray realized what had happened.
    *Glad Doranbolt's memory altercation power came back to use here.
    *Tartarus foreshadowing! And Cobra wants to bring back the rest of the Oracion Seis to join them in the fun eh? I wonder if he'll take the filler from the anime into consideration for their abilities.

340:
    *So at least now they're back in the city proper and not some shack on the outskirts of town.
    *Liked that the conversation between Zeref and Mavis was one where Zerek could only really guess what her questions and answers were.
    *Zeref really did watch the Grand Magic games apparently.
    *Zeref goes full 'For the New World' Evil.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Urtear

Lol'd at Natsu keeping the crown

Hmm, so the little imp is with Zeref? I wonder how long it was with Obra.

Edit: Somebody pointed out that Gray smiling for "her" might've meant Urtear. Thought it was a nice catch. Also another dagger in Gruvia shippers' hearts, if true
    Last edited by MKTerra; 07-05-2013 at 06:15 PM.
    Soap Operus

Maybe Erza exquipped the cats? I mean, she knew that Milliana was gonna be there and grumpy, and pulling weapons and outfits out of nowhere is her entire thing, so she might have just chucked the three cats into wherever it is she keeps her normal gear.

As for the Princess Hisui's green hair, she did point out that her name means "Jade."

Also, Gajeel cleaned up surprisingly well.

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Maybe Erza exquipped the cats? I mean, she knew that Milliana was gonna be there and grumpy, and pulling weapons and outfits out of nowhere is her entire thing, so she might have just chucked the three cats into wherever it is she keeps her normal gear.
    I always assumed she couldn't put living things in, otherwise she'd be a walking dimensional prison.
    Soap Operus

Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    I always assumed she couldn't put living things in, otherwise she'd be a walking dimensional prison.
    We know she has a room where she keeps the armors she can't exquip at the moment, so maybe she has a room that she exquips from? Or that Exceed are exceptions due to their nature? Or maybe she doesn't normally do it during a fight because all her Exquip slots are usually taken up by armor and outfits or its against her moral code (and she doesn't want them messing up her armor and outfits if there's no way to restrain them wherever she sends them)?

We know she has a room where she keeps the armors she can't exquip at the moment, so maybe she has a room that she exquips from?
    Chapter 14 describes/depicts it as a pocket dimension, and she still had access to her usual armors in Edoras when the town was crystallized.

Or that Exceed are exceptions due to their nature?
    Possible, but she'd have no reason to try it if it didn't usually work.

Or maybe it only works on willing subjects. Would Natsu get motion-sick in there?

Or maybe she doesn't normally do it during a fight because all her Exquip slots are usually taken up by armor and outfits
    People-poofing seems too useful for that to be the case.

or its against her moral code
    Can't imagine why...

(and she doesn't want them messing up her armor and outfits if there's no way to restrain them wherever she sends them)?
    Maybe. No idea what it's like in there. Thought it was funny how the movie showed a drag-and-drop touch interface:

Come to think of it, dimensional trapping is basically Shou's magic.
    Last edited by MKTerra; 07-06-2013 at 03:16 AM.
    Soap Operus