Page 276 of 309 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 4632

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Jellal and co. as well, would have probably freaked out around the time Rogue got the power up.
    They actually did sense something, but assumed it was Future Lucy getting in a fight. Magic sensing seems very imprecise; Gerard also thought Cheria was the source for a while, on the day she was fighting Wendy.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Maybe, but there are weird things about that if true.

Why would he empower his past self if his intention was to make the Princess believe him--that Fairy Tail would win without casualty? Empowering Rogue might have undid all of that.

The Shadow also seemed disappointed in Rogue's amount of power, implying that it wanted Rogue to do better against Gajeel...again not making sense with the motives with the Princess. And if it was future Rogue possessing his younger self, wouldn't he intimately know what his past self was capable of?

And then there is the fact that Mavis didn't recognize the malevolent shadow's magic at all, and you'd think she would recognize the Zeref power lingering on him from Eclipse if they were the same. Jellal and co. as well, would have probably freaked out around the time Rogue got the power up.
    Yeah, I was thinking very short-sightedly due shadow-connections. Most likely they're different things but I'm not ruling out that they're the same entirely since Mashima might throw in whatever explanation he so desires to explain the oddities.
    Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    They actually did sense something, but assumed it was Future Lucy getting in a fight. Magic sensing seems very imprecise; Gerard also thought Cheria was the source for a while, on the day she was fighting Wendy.
    That was because future Rogue was in the same general area as Cheria. So yeah, magic sensing is very imprecise.

Maybe his plans just needed Eclipse to be constructed and charged up over the last 7 years, not necessarily opened on schedule.
    Last edited by MKTerra; 03-15-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Future!Rogue is being fully possessed by the shadow that Gajeel chased away in this time period.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

I rather liked the latest episode. It had several funny moments and some nice fight scenes. Natsu/Lucy shippers are going to eat up and exaggerate a certain moment in the episode for years to come.

Also, just saw the movie.

It was a fun ride. Great animation and action sequences, a good story and for a moment there we were presented with an actual moral dilemma. I also liked that it ended on a rather somber note without anybody being able to answer Lucy's question. I think that Erza's opponent would've worked better if she just had requip version 2.0 instead of armors and dispelling magic. I really liked how Natsu dealt with Dyst's TK via dodging and hiding in the final battle. Lots of odd sudden appearances in during the final part but that's ok. I figured out the twist about Eclair pretty quickly. My favourite part was the montage where everybody is doing their own thing at the magic fair, it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I rather liked the latest episode. It had several funny moments and some nice fight scenes.
    Poor Lamia Scale got humiliated

I think that Erza's opponent would've worked better if she just had requip version 2.0 instead of armors and dispelling magic.
    I'm still not sure how the dispel works. If it's a dispel, it shouldn't be able to pick what outfit Erza ends up in. OTOH, if it's a long-range requip, it shouldn't be able to dispel Take Over magic. If it's taking control of the opponent's magic... ok, that would make sense and match the Coordinator title, but wouldn't explain how she put her own peasant clothes on Erza. Unless she used her own requip to transfer the outfit to Erza's otherspace, and remotely pressed "Accept Transfer" on Erza's imaginary confirmation popup.

...Yeah, I'll just go with that
    Soap Operus

New chapter is out.

Future-Rogue is indeed from another seven years into the future and he's here to make sure that the Eclipse gate works out. It's likely that the shadow used its influence to stop eclipse

And we have a rather surprising death here that really made me sad.

Well, that was sooner than expected...

The odds of Shadow being different from Future Rogue have gone up.
    Soap Operus

So it seems like Future-Rogue isn't the shadow nor is he possessed by it. But I'm thinking that the shadow knows that Future-Rogue is present and took over Present-Rogue in order to make an estimate of his powers and abilities.

And since Future-Lucy doesn't seem to remember stopping Eclipse from being used I'm betting that she was possessed by the shadow when it happened.

In the anime we get to the dragon slayer tag team battle. They extend the parts where Sting and Rogue are dominating the battle which I think works in its favour. Of course, next episode we have to see Natsu beating both of them in dragon force mode so we'll see if they can pull off making that look good, at least it'll have nice animation.

I wonder if all of the dragons disappeared 14 years ago because they were pulled to the present by Eclipse.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Things are happening fast now... maybe too fast.

Great, everyone's still beat up from the tournament. Hope Cheria's feeling generous.

They've got at least one Fairy Law user, which should help alot. Two would be nice, if somebody can cart Wendy over to Luxus.

Edit: Wait a minute, Wendy was right there when Future Lucy got stabbed! I know her healing doesn't work well on mortal wounds, but Mashima forgot to let her try O_o
    Last edited by MKTerra; 03-29-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    Soap Operus

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Wow, so, Future Rogue huh?

At this point in the manga, if you can curbstomp Natsu in "you killed my friend mode" like a red-headed stepchild, you're pretty high up on the totem pole.

It's kind of odd...I expected Lightning Fire Mode to be what Natsu would use in the tournament. Instead he walks all over Rogue and Sting without even using it...only to pull it out against Future Rogue and he just goes "lol, no!"
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

I've kinda stopped trying to figure out power-levels in this series. It just does whatever the hell it wants in that regard.

It doesn't seem like Lucy is controlled by the Shadow so it'll be interesting to see what's going on there.

Saw the last episode of the anime today. Really nice fight animation, too bad it's used for a really stupid fight, and some nice ending moments while also reassuring everybody that it'll keep going on.

No idea what Future Rogue is really after, now. I guess absorbing Gazille and Natsu would be nice powerups, but not exactly time-travel-worthy by themselves.
    Soap Operus

Called it!

The dragons have reappeared.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.