Page 263 of 309 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 4632
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Lucy *always* has slight hints of lesbianism.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Also just saw the new OVA.
    Mmm...fan service.

I also find it funny that parts of the episode are a repeat of the same scenes from the beach training episode of the tv anime, only with added stuff that they either skipped over or weren't willing to go that far on television. At one point I was like "Wait, didn't we see exactly this already?" And then it's like "Oh, I don't remember all those close up butt shots of Levy, Wendy, and Lucy." And then they did the spa scene, expanded a bit. I guess the Sake bit was original. Would have liked to have seen Happy-Drunk Levy do some crazy stuff.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Ah yeah!!!!!!

Kagura disrupts the First's prediction, leading to more Kawaii crying, but then Minerva joins in anyway. Threesome fight between the powerful women.

Elsewhere, Juvia finds herself on the other side of being mistakenly attacked for loving someone she doesn't actually love. Although, Cheria seems to have beef with Lyon being interested in Juvia, rather than Juvia's opinion.

And the Princess reveals the dire reason for Eclipse 2 being necessary.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Mixed chapter for me.

On the one hand I'm really digging that we've now got threeway throwdown between the three strongest ladies of this tournament (though I am miffed that my Juvia vs. Minerva perdiction was wrong). This has epic potential. Don't screw it up! Also, Minerva's magic is really versatile.

Crying Mavis is WAY too funny and cute really.

On the other hand the whole Eclipse plot feels very put poorly presented and made up as Mashima goes along.

Three way...

Also, with the way she does her eyebrows can Minerva look anything but smug?
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

It ends in sex.

Mixed chapter for me.

On the one hand I'm really digging that we've now got threeway throwdown between the three strongest ladies of this tournament (though I am miffed that my Juvia vs. Minerva perdiction was wrong). This has epic potential. Don't screw it up! Also, Minerva's magic is really versatile.
    In hindsight, I should have seen Juvia vs. Cheria coming a mile away, given all the Love Love talk during the first few days of the tournament where it was obvious that Cheria didn't like Lyon gushing over Juvia.
    Crying Mavis is WAY too funny and cute really.
    I think it's funny how serious Makarov is about making it an emergency to console her. Imagine what that must look like to an onlooker who can't see Mavis.
    On the other hand the whole Eclipse plot feels very put poorly presented and made up as Mashima goes along. .
    Remains to be seen, but this chapter satisfied my questions in regards to Why Arcadios acted like such a villain (drawing attention to himself as a mastermind so Princess would be in the clear), how he survived the lava (charm pendant), why the princess dropped them in the labyrinth (knew they'd save Arcadios), and why the Executioners were fodderized (Princess' intention the whole time).

I personally prefer the new version but I don't mind switching between the two.

Honestly, it could've been worse. At least there were parts that were nicely done, mainly the combo sandstorm, though they realy screwed up the part were Lucy flips both of them through the air. That said, I'm hoping that they're saving the animation budget for an awesome Erza vs. Pandemonium episode.

The bad part of this episode was that most of the filler consisted of other guilds commentating on the fight rather than extending the fight with shorter filler snippets, it detracted from the fast pace, and how pretty much every single mage noticed that Raven Tail cheated. That just makes it seem sillier that they got away with it.

Also just saw the new OVA.

Mavis is too adorable. I wish to write fanfiction about her.

Erza is an angry drunk. A VERY angry drunk.

Lucy is a touchy drunk, with slight hints of lesbianism apparently.

Drunk Carla bosses Happy around more than usual.
    Fanfiction writers are going to have a field day, especially with the Natsu x Lucy scenes.

Aw yeah, the best scenario possible has occurred! Didn't expect it to be this soon though. Is poor Juvia's fight going to be offscreened?
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    In hindsight, I should have seen Juvia vs. Cheria coming a mile away, given all the Love Love talk during the first few days of the tournament where it was obvious that Cheria didn't like Lyon gushing over Juvia.
    I think that it was easy to overlook because Cheria's attraction, or whatever it is, for Lyon has been limited to annoyed glances when he's gushing about Juvia instead of the over-the-top displays people usually display in this manga when they're interested in a person that's very unresponsive.
    I think it's funny how serious Makarov is about making it an emergency to console her. Imagine what that must look like to an onlooker who can't see Mavis.
    Boy: Mommy, who are those people talking to?

Mother: Don't look at them and just scoot away from them with me honey.

I wonder what messed up Mavis' prediction, which had been fairly perfect up til this chapter. I'm guessing that it's because Kagura saw Jellal, something Mavis was unaware of, that botched it all up. And I guess this means Mavis thinks that Erza can beat Minerva.
    Remains to be seen, but this chapter satisfied my questions in regards to Why Arcadios acted like such a villain (drawing attention to himself as a mastermind so Princess would be in the clear),
    I may have to recheck his scene because I'm almost certain that he was doing the evil mastermind bit when he was alone at least once.
    how he survived the lava (charm pendant),
    I'm ok with that, even though it would've been nice to have at little focus on the pendant being important to him or something like that.
    why the princess dropped them in the labyrinth (knew they'd save Arcadios), and why the Executioners were fodderized (Princess' intention the whole time).
    Those worked fine for me, didn't really need the second one answered. My main problem lies in Aracadios and his character. It's all just not really flown very well IMO.

I think that it was easy to overlook because Cheria's attraction, or whatever it is, for Lyon has been limited to annoyed glances when he's gushing about Juvia instead of the over-the-top displays people usually display in this manga when they're interested in a person that's very unresponsive.
    Well, it might not even be her necessarily in love with Lyon. Isn't Cheria's sister/cousin-whatever in love with Lyon? Maybe Cheria doesn't like Lyon showing interest in other females because she's looking out for her.

I wonder what messed up Mavis' prediction, which had been fairly perfect up til this chapter. I'm guessing that it's because Kagura saw Jellal, something Mavis was unaware of, that botched it all up. And I guess this means Mavis thinks that Erza can beat Minerva.
    Yeah, bingo. She doesn't know that Kagura saw Jellal, saw Erza aiding him and concealing him, etc. So Mavis did not have the factor of Kagura specifically wanting to find and hunt down Erza in her calculations.

I may have to recheck his scene because I'm almost certain that he was doing the evil mastermind bit when he was alone at least once.
    There are times when his mannerisms looked like stereotypical bad guy, but his dialogue was misleading because it was all about "hurr hurr, the plan will be ready soon. Ha ha, the plan is proceeding as we foresaw it,!" but then the plan itself isn't, as we know it, evil.

The only thing left rather inconsistent is why he originally tried to kidnap Lucy for it instead of just ask.

I'm ok with that, even though it would've been nice to have at little focus on the pendant being important to him or something like that.
    Something about the pendant should have been in the earlier chapter. Even if it was just one panel of it starting to glow when he stepped into the panel, we would have at least the theory in mind that it was a protective charm. Could be something that works its way into the Tankoubon if Mashima sees fit. *Shurgs,* Kubo has added panels to Tankoubon's to explain/make clear that a character is still alive before.
    Those worked fine for me, didn't really need the second one answered. My main problem lies in Aracadios and his character. It's all just not really flown very well IMO.
    He could easily still be yanking our chains. I'm not sure what the expect from him honestly.

I hear there may be no FT chapter this week, so it'll be on break until the 21st. Unless it leaks or something.

I hear there may be no FT chapter this week, so it'll be on break until the 21st. Unless it leaks or something.
    Damn it. That means we won't get to see the Erza/Kagura/Minerva threeway until next week.

...giggity.

There's something very wrong with the anime team's priorities.

Kurohebi vs. Toby got largely better animation than Lucy vs. Flare and Jura vs. "Mystogan".