Page 262 of 309 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 4632
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Hidden is played out in the newest episode.

I was kind of hoping that animator would bother to at least make the crowds of duplicates move around rather than just standing still like that. And that they'd do something a bit bigger to display Gray's first use of his improved magic. But nope.

And it doesn't seem like they'll give the Lucy/Flare fight any special attention either.

I am disappointed.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

New Chapter:

Mira: "Bitch, please! Fighting me where I don't have to worry about my demeanor? You're boned."
    Wendy: "I remove status effects reflexively! Now I'm gonna go Sky Dragon on your Ass"
    Panther: "I spent months getting smacked around by Gajeel's Iron Fists and took it all like a boss; I will break you!!!"
    Natsu: "Dude, didn't you see me troll the two Sabertooth guys? You honestly thought two huge ass Scythes would be the thing to bring against me?"
    Lucy: "Behold! Lucy-sama, allowed to kick ass for once."
    Loke: "And I helpled..."
    Lucy: "Shut up..."
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Now that's more like it.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Good guys totally demolished them.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

FT needs worthwhile villains.

I mean, yeah, this guys were not going to be it. That was obvious.

But at this point it is just tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    FT needs worthwhile villains.

I mean, yeah, this guys were not going to be it. That was obvious.

But at this point it is just tiring.
    We don't have a clear picture of who the worthwhile villains are in this arc yet, but at the moment it seems like its Minerva.

I'd say that Grimoire Heart, Oracion Seis, and Evil Jellal with Assassin team were all worthwhile villains for their respective arcs. They each had a few weak links, but overall were challenging opponents.

This arc is just unusual because it kinda sidewinds away from the people that you expect are being the villains. It's not Raven Tail yet, they were merely introduced here and got put on hold. It's not Sabertooth as a whole, because it really only seems like Minerva is the one carrying the full on douche card. It probably isn't Arcadios, unless this is all some trick, even though he seemed so villain like early on. And who knows what to think of the King, Princess, and whatever is behind the government's actions here.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I'd say that Grimoire Heart, Oracion Seis, and Evil Jellal with Assassin team were all worthwhile villains for their respective arcs. They each had a few weak links, but overall were challenging opponents.
    Have to disagree on GH.

Don't get me wrong they were cool, especially at the beginning but I feel they seriously jobbed to FT at the end.

Celestial gate user tag team's fun to watch. And Mira's bare rear is always fun to look at.

BACK TO THE TOURNAMENT
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Have to disagree on GH.

Don't get me wrong they were cool, especially at the beginning but I feel they seriously jobbed to FT at the end.
    I dunno.

Asuma is one of the few opponents in the manga who can say that he *should* have beaten Erza if it had not been for their final circumstance.

Ultear lost mainly due to shattered resolve, and the Red Ice was actually clever given the limitations of her power.

The Big Guy was beating Natsu until Happy stole his weapon and Natsu was able to use it against him.

The Creation dude remained a threat throughout, even being one of the few to respond to the dramatic reinforcement arrival by actually turning the tables and once again taking an advantage against his enemies, losing only because Elfman happened to have an eye open for Bixlow to use him as a puppet to stage a sneak attack.

That leaves Zancrow and The human summoner. The human summoner, zolio or whatever his name was, was clearly their weak link. Zancrow is the only one I'd say fully Jobbed, though it was to a plot point that I still don't fully understand.

And Hades himself remained epic all the way up until his heart-thing was sabotaged by the cats.

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

A little disappointed Mira-Jane used her old Satan Soul form to decide this fight instead of putting the newest one to more use. But maybe that's a good thing since it means it's less likely to get worfed in later fights now. And fish dude's AoE manipulation was just plain badass despite being defeated so quickly. Beware the silly ones indeed.
    Last edited by nervmeister; 11-30-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    A little disappointed Mira-Jane used her old Satan Soul form to decide this fight instead of putting the newest one to more use. But maybe that's a good thing since it means it's less likely to get worfed in later fights now.
    I still like this form better, so it was nice seeing it again

On the anime side, Lucy vs Flare was very BUDGET in places, as Dark Soul # 7 feared
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hiro Mashima still appears to forgotten everything he used to know about pacing and tension in fight scenes.

-_____-

I miss Rave Master.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

New Chapter:

Mira: "Bitch, please! Fighting me where I don't have to worry about my demeanor? You're boned."
    Wendy: "I remove status effects reflexively! Now I'm gonna go Sky Dragon on your Ass"
    Panther: "I spent months getting smacked around by Gajeel's Iron Fists and took it all like a boss; I will break you!!!"
    Natsu: "Dude, didn't you see me troll the two Sabertooth guys? You honestly thought two huge ass Scythes would be the thing to bring against me?"
    Lucy: "Behold! Lucy-sama, allowed to kick ass for once."
    Loke: "And I helpled..."
    Lucy: "Shut up..."
    You forgot.
    Mira: Oh and demon-me eats poison for breakfest bitch.
    I dunno.

Asuma is one of the few opponents in the manga who can say that he *should* have beaten Erza if it had not been for their final circumstance.

Ultear lost mainly due to shattered resolve, and the Red Ice was actually clever given the limitations of her power.

The Big Guy was beating Natsu until Happy stole his weapon and Natsu was able to use it against him.

The Creation dude remained a threat throughout, even being one of the few to respond to the dramatic reinforcement arrival by actually turning the tables and once again taking an advantage against his enemies, losing only because Elfman happened to have an eye open for Bixlow to use him as a puppet to stage a sneak attack.

That leaves Zancrow and The human summoner. The human summoner, zolio or whatever his name was, was clearly their weak link. Zancrow is the only one I'd say fully Jobbed, though it was to a plot point that I still don't fully understand.

And Hades himself remained epic all the way up until his heart-thing was sabotaged by the cats.
    Blue Note also held up even against a last-minute plot power up, nakama team work and main character shields. They needed freaking Gildartz to stand a chance against this guy.

Meredy held her own against Erza and matched pissed-off Juvia decently.

With the exception of Zoldeo Grimoire Heart was all-around awesome really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hiro Mashima still appears to forgotten everything he used to know about pacing and tension in fight scenes.

-_____-

I miss Rave Master.
    Meh, bunch of guards that tend to execute presumabl.y unarmed criminals vs. bunch of top tier mages that tend to womp on entire famous guilds at the heart of their power/prep. And all the build up on them was from a guy who may be working with the girl that dumped them into the prison in the first place and trying to manipulate them into helping his possibly pro-Zeref plans (I could swear he was calling the dude Zeref-sama in one of the earlier chapters). And hell, even if he died, the plan apparently involves time travel so that could only be a cosmic retcon away. And now that Team What Habeas Corpus is out of the way, we can see the tourney battles finish up and see the main plot about the Eclipse and Dragon Festival actually go somewhere.

That said, Rave Master's battles were completely awesome. These guys (and possibly Raven Tail and pre-dead-cat Sabretooth) may just be the Berials of this story arc.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    I still like this form better, so it was nice seeing it again
    I personally prefer the new version but I don't mind switching between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    On the anime side, Lucy vs Flare was very BUDGET in places, as Dark Soul # 7 feared
    Honestly, it could've been worse. At least there were parts that were nicely done, mainly the combo sandstorm, though they realy screwed up the part were Lucy flips both of them through the air. That said, I'm hoping that they're saving the animation budget for an awesome Erza vs. Pandemonium episode.

The bad part of this episode was that most of the filler consisted of other guilds commentating on the fight rather than extending the fight with shorter filler snippets, it detracted from the fast pace, and how pretty much every single mage noticed that Raven Tail cheated. That just makes it seem sillier that they got away with it.

Also just saw the new OVA.

Mavis is too adorable. I wish to write fanfiction about her.

Erza is an angry drunk. A VERY angry drunk.

Lucy is a touchy drunk, with slight hints of lesbianism apparently.

Drunk Carla bosses Happy around more than usual.