Page 260 of 309 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4632

Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    That reminds me: We can probably rule out Gray as surprise team leader, since Mavis wasn't confident in his victory.
    I seriously doubt it would be Juvia since I can't remember the last fight she won. Gajeel could be, although I don't think Mavis would want to risk it on him since he didn't do great against Rogue. Given his defeat of all of Raven Tail, Laxus seems like the most obvious choice, so it probably isn't him. I'd say it's a toss up between Erza and Gajeel.
    When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

I'd say Gajeel is most likely. He isn't as hyped as Erza or Laxus, since he hasn't gotten to show off, but he is still on a similar level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksane19 View Post
    I seriously doubt it would be Juvia since I can't remember the last fight she won. Gajeel could be, although I don't think Mavis would want to risk it on him since he didn't do great against Rogue. Given his defeat of all of Raven Tail, Laxus seems like the most obvious choice, so it probably isn't him. I'd say it's a toss up between Erza and Gajeel.
    I wonder if Mavis knows Mermaid Heel is gunning for Erza (possibly moot if she's throwing Erza at them anyway), or about Sabertooth's behind-the-scenes drama, which could give Gazille trouble if she's counting on him to clean out both DS's like Natsu.

How is Juvia getting that video feed? Did she just duck into a shop and grab a TV? More teams should've thought of that

Also, I'm surprised they're letting the mages free-for-all in the city. Winner pays for repairs?
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    Also, I'm surprised they're letting the mages free-for-all in the city. Winner pays for repairs?
    Nah. That's for the losers. Which just makes this whole thing the very definition of a colossal failure for Quatro Puppy. Their ace got his ass kicked three times. The rest of them suffered total curbstomps over and over. They had to change their guild name to something embarrassing. And now they have to pay for repairs to the city... or it would be funny if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Nah. That's for the losers. Which just makes this whole thing the very definition of a colossal failure for Quatro Puppy. Their ace got his ass kicked three times. The rest of them suffered total curbstomps over and over. They had to change their guild name to something embarrassing. And now they have to pay for repairs to the city... or it would be funny if that was the case.

A more practical idea would be making every team that didn't win pitch in for the repairs. That way no single guild goes bankrupt, and Fiore only has to worry about the winner's prize money.
    When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksane19 View Post
    A more practical idea would be making every team that didn't win pitch in for the repairs. That way no single guild goes bankrupt, and Fiore only has to worry about the winner's prize money.
    which would technically mean that if Fairy tail wins then everyone has to pay a part

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

307:

So I was right, Minerva did port Lector away...only to blackmail Sting into winning or never seeing him again. So Minerva's version of 'Nakama power' is served with a side of bitch.

Not much seen on the tourney front, but got some stuff in the pit and...

Wow, that's a lot of new villains in an arc that already had a shit ton of them. These guys might be more closely related to the darkness that they've been searching for though.

Hmm...without keys, Lucy and Yukino probably can't fight all that well. Wendy can fight now, and you've got Mira and Natsu. PantherLily can fight for a while in his full body form. That's four, and there are five enemies. I bet Lucy summons Loke without her keys and he fights the 5th or something.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

The Order of Hungry Wolves. Founders: Terry and Andy Bogard.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    307:

So I was right, Minerva did port Lector away...only to blackmail Sting into winning or never seeing him again. So Minerva's version of 'Nakama power' is served with a side of bitch.

Allegedly.

Yeah, I'm not entirely convinced that Minerva really did save Lecter. It's possible but I'm not sure. Though I guess that it's required if she wants to keep Sting around for the guild. And here I was sure that she was a Tartaros operative.

So Sting and Rogue were weaker than they actually are during the fight against Natsu. Well, it's pretty much an established fact by now that feelings are directly tied to the strength of your magic in Fairy Tail so I'll buy it.

I think that Lucy and Yukino will perform some kind of Unison Raid style summoning to make up for the lack of keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    Allegedly.
    Yeah. I wouldn't trust a word she's saying.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

On the anime side,
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...promo-streamed

Erza looks consistently on-model, for once. This pleases me greatly.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Yeah. I wouldn't trust a word she's saying.
    I mean don't get me wrong. I actually think Lecter might really be alive simply because I'm not sure Mashima will let this manga actually get that grim.

But as soon as I heard her say she teleported him away I was like, "BULLS#!7!"

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

My guess is Laxus will either fight Sting or Jura.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

In the new anime episode we do get, a most predicted and hoped, an extension of the Sky Labyrinth elimination round and the search for Wendy. It's pretty fun and gels well with what we were shown in the manga.

What other fun filler extensions are you guys hoping for the most?
    Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    My guess is Laxus will either fight Sting or Jura.
    In some of Mashima's notes that were published, and that I posted a link to a while back but nobody cared, it was sort of implied that Laxus would be fighting Orga.