Page 225 of 309 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 4626
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Darkwolf View Post
    You're understating. She drained her magic to the point of near killing herself and then told off the freaking king of her magic profession to earn Loke.
    And by doing all that she saved Loke's life and gave him a chance to redeem himself for giving up on Karen. Yes, it matters. Lucy's kindness matters in these things.
    The fuc... SHE SURVIVED AGAINST A KNOWN STELLAR MAGE KILLER!!!! And even though she had help she did win that fight and even learned from it. She then went on to complete that mission nearly getting killed several times by one of the top dark guilds. Damn straight she earned those keys!
    Hell almost everybody in the light team needed help against the Oracion Seis members and of the two, Lucy and Hibiki, that beat Angel Lucy was the one most compatiable with the stellar spirits. Also, once again Lucy's kindness and caring towards stands out.
    Was Lucy's to begin with. Vold didn't hold up with his end of the deal and stole him from her. To truly get him She still had to survive the war.
    Not to mention that Loke is still under Lucy's ownership and was pretty much fighting in her name.
    Carla's visions show this wont be no cakewalk either .
    We'll see how this meeting goes. It is possible that Yukino feels unworthy of the keys after being kicked out of Sabertooth and gives them to Lucy. Of course, that would just make Lucy that much bigger a target for the big bads.
    Every key that Lucy has gotten during the main series has had her going through a situation that damn near killed her to get. How the heck is that not earning them? How the heck is that "gimmies"?
    And she is without a doubt that nicest stellar spirit mage around so it kind of makes sense that lots of them are drawn to her instead of douchebags that abuses them.

Woah did not mean to start a debate on the validity of Lucy's key acquisition with an innocuous (in my mind) comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    I want to know who that chick on the far left of the stripping scene is. She looks kinda cool.
    I love how disinterested she looks especially with all these horrified faces around her.

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    ...You think that kind of demented practice is funny?......You think I endured getting kicked out of the "Zesty Zebra Friendship Club" the EXACT same way back when I was in grade school just to give someone like you his shits and giggles!?.........................**bangs desk** TELL ME!
    Lol It caught me off guard and I immediately thought of DBZA where Vegeta says strip (it shows up other places too, but I can't remember them). I just couldn't take it seriously.

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I see Mashima is still trying to get me to care about Jellal.

Nope. Not happening.
    He's just so far gone, that Mashima really has to reflect and understand where he went wrong with the guy's development and realize he just can't be redeemed as a character while still being treated as some kind of tragic victim.

And also stealing the spotlight from people and also how he makes Erza a somewhat less respectable character with how she clings to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    I love how disinterested she looks especially with all these horrified faces around her.
    Especially since everyone else has that expression of "don't look, don't stare, don't ogle" and she's just like, "Eh, whatever."

The guild master is a douche.

And also stealing the spotlight from people and also how he makes Erza a somewhat less respectable character with how she clings to him.
    I'll admit out of all the complaints about Jerald this is the one I get the least. Leaves me scratching my head to be honest.

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

Lol It caught me off guard and I immediately thought of DBZA where Vegeta says strip (it shows up other places too, but I can't remember them). I just couldn't take it seriously.
    Oh, I see. I guess that's understandable. Still, I thought it was an effective piece of drama.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

What'd you do to get kicked out of the ZZFC anyway Nerv?

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

What'd you do to get kicked out of the ZZFC anyway Nerv?
    **sigh**I accidentally drank the club president's juice.......His thermos looked exactly like mine! How was I supposed to know? **tears well up**
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Some good things and some bad things in the latest episode.

Bad stuff:
    - It was overall very unstructured.
    - While I don't mind Laxus beating Natsu with one hit I would've liked that one hit to be bigger and flashier.
    - Gajeel chickening out is so OOC it's painful. Hopefully there's a good reason for this later on.

Good stuff:
    - Wendy trying to be peace-keeper is so cute.
    - Juvia was funny with her usual stalking and worrying about Gray getting it on with Erza.
    - The Vanish Brothers reappear with a time-skip design update.

And the preview is interesting with Eartland versions of previously Edolas-only characters appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    **sigh**I accidentally drank the club president's juice.......His thermos looked exactly like mine! How was I supposed to know? **tears well up**
    How heinous!

Perhaps I'm just WMG (and might just get Dark's hope up too much) but does anyone think maybe this arc might be setting up Jellal's death?

Perhaps I'm just WMG (and might just get Dark's hope up too much) but does anyone think maybe this arc might be setting up Jellal's death?
    I don't want him to die. I wouldn't actually mind it really though. To be perfectly honest I don't really care what happens to him.

I'm just happy that there are still people that haven't forgiven the guy for all that slavery and killing people business and are actually mad about it.

Personally I just think that he so incredibly bland and unentertaining compared to basically everybody else in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I'll admit out of all the complaints about Jerald this is the one I get the least. Leaves me scratching my head to be honest.

Well, he never overshadows, say, Natsu, or anyone, in terms of getting moments, saving the day, and beating the bad guy, but I think a lot of people are sick of how the storylines tie back to being all about him.

Tower of Paradise was all about him because he was the villain. That's fine.
    Oracion Seis arc came about and he was amnesiac and then by the end it became about trying to save him from being arrested and stuff.
    And now that he's back for this arc, he's making it all about him in terms of Kagura's guild wanting to kill him (at least until the other storylines of this arc take front stage, like whatever they are planning with Lucy).

And then there's the way he dominates Erza's character and makes her primary story arc about her conflicted relationship with him.

Basically, it's how everyone wants to kill him, but Erza and by extension Fairy Tail want to save him, and it just gets rehashed with absolutely no resolution or development, yet the Jellal character arc keeps intruding anew on the main storyline.

That wasn't really my question though. I can get that people don't like him. I am confused as to how he makes Ezra a less respectable character.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    That wasn't really my question though. I can get that people don't like him. I am confused as to how he makes Ezra a less respectable character.
    Because he makes her go from being a strong, kickass woman to being emo and wistful and creeping down to the Bella from Twilight end of the spectrum.

She should be the type who could get over some douchebag guy (of course, Mashima doesn't want us to see him as such, so that's probably why she hasn't), rather than continue to have this obsession with saving him or redeeming him or whatever it is she's been trying to do with him ever since he came into the story.

Because he makes her go from being a strong, kickass woman to being emo and wistful and creeping down to the Bella from Twilight end of the spectrum.

She should be the type who could get over some douchebag guy (of course, Mashima doesn't want us to see him as such, so that's probably why she hasn't), rather than continue to have this obsession with saving him or redeeming him or whatever it is she's been trying to do with him ever since he came into the story.
    See, this is what makes me scratch my head. Yeah, the guy brings out a vulnerable side of her.

I don't really mind.

I mean, people are people. We all have an utterly vulnerable side, even if we are totally awesome badasses (Best fictional example = Guts). If anything it allows me enjoy Ezra more as a character. The idea of that making her less respectable really does leave me scratching my head (well, more like tilting it to the side while looking at the computer screen but you get the idea). Mileage obviously varies on this.

Edit: Also, Gerald was douchebag guy. Currently, he really isn't. Sure, we can say he was forgiven too easily, but not that he is still a douchebag... Unless he is totally lying about everything which I wouldn't really mind.
    Last edited by Hazard; 05-05-2012 at 02:53 PM.

This is arguably because he got to her before her formative years, and she grew up crooked with that drama hanging over her head. The mindset dates back to her failing* to save him when they were little, which she's been hung up on ever since.

*: Or rather, succeeding against all odds, only to have him turn evil for no apparent reason and ruin her life. How does a young mind in love process a betrayal like that? Probably not quickly or healthily.

But then, by those standards, Wendy should be more messed-up than she is, after being abandoned by three families in a row...
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion