Page 219 of 309 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4632

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'd actually say that there are a few examples of powerful mages that can be brought down with a relatively low amount of force because they just can't take what they can dish out. Off the top of my head there's Ikaruga, Racer, Angel, Midnight, Rustyrose, Zoldeo and recently Flare.
    Ikaruga was physically trained to a crazy degree, but all her points were in Dex rather than Con
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

I like how Gajeel got a total tsundere moment in the latest episode.

And Wendy looked adorable in her ballroom outfit.

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

I echo the approval of this chapter.

Elfman's victory was a combination of heroic guts and an honest to god clever strategy. Considering how strong Bacchus proved himself to be it also speaks volumes of Elfman's durability. He also showed off different beast forms which I've been wanting to see for awhile now. And his counter-bet was pure awesomeness.

Though, and I hate to be that guy, his weretiger form resembled Rob Lucci (from One Piece) half-transformed form quite a lot. Also, I'm thinking that Elfman will be too mess up from here on out so Wendy will take over now.
    I actually disagree. I mean, yeah, they're similar in that it's a generic leopard man with a hulking build (how it's a tiger, I dunno), but there are clear differences in the design.

Stupid captain guy. How difficult is it to say "Kidnapp the blonde with the big boobs from team Fairy Tail A."?
    Same difficulty as not confirming if your boss meant Elfman or Erza.

[
    So the remaining teams to fight are Fairy Tail B, Sabertooth, Blue Pegasus and Mermaid Heel. Normally I would guess that Fairy Tail and Sabertooth would be paired off but it would be repetitive to have another Blue Pegasus/Mermaid Heel match up again so soon.

Yeah. I'm thinking Fairy Tail B will pull another win, and Sabertooth will get another show-off bout.

I'd actually say that there are a few examples of powerful mages that can be brought down with a relatively low amount of force because they just can't take what they can dish out. Off the top of my head there's Ikaruga, Racer, Angel, Midnight, Rustyrose, Zoldeo and recently Flare.
    Yeah. It just so happens that whenever they try it, they're up against a physically tough mage. It seems fairly easy to incorporate magic into martial arts training, as opposed to usual fantasy magic where you just pore through books into the wee hours of the night.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Still waiting on the latest manga chapter.

On the anime side: Jiggle Butt Gang crosses Mashima-verse to make their first appearance in Fairy Tail filler. They're as annoying and silly as I remember.

Although...Wendy in a fully body latex suit. Man, Anime-staff, that's not even subtle.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Default Chapter's out!

... MASHIMAAAAAAAAA!!

(And I mean that in the best way possible )

Re: the anime,

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggle-butt guy
    We'll be baaaaack! *ping*
    Eeesh, I hope not O_o

Edit: Next chapter is "Kagura vs Yukino." At this point we can deduce that's the Sabertooth girl vs the Mermaid Heel leader, aka Band Girl. This could be good! (But Band Girl's gonna lose )
    Last edited by MKTerra; 04-13-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."

Well that was an... interesting battle. Kind of an underhanded win.
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

...I thank the stars that wasn't Lucy's round. I wouldn't have survived.

I like how Mirajane kind of totally dissed Jenny afterwards with the world's friendliest smile.

And more details about the mega-plan thingy is being revealed. I'm wondering if Zeref is aware of it being done in his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    Edit: Next chapter is "Kagura vs Yukino." At this point we can deduce that's the Sabertooth girl vs the Mermaid Heel leader, aka Band Girl. This could be good! (But Band Girl's gonna lose )
    There's actually a chance of a draw here. That way both Fairy Tail teams ends up in last place together with Quatro Puppy.

- I really REALLY would've liked some further insight into Rustyrose's powers. Just what are those limitations he spoke of. Hell, I would've liked to see Rustyrose and Bluenote put up a bit more of a fight in the end.
    Rustyrose might show up again. The Council mentioned GH still exists, so he should be their leader now, depending on whether Bluenote made his way back.
    Soap Operus

OK, is FT doing badly in the rankings or what? because that was pure, balance, shameless fan service if I ever seen one.

Also for some reason I still found Erza to be the sexiest thing in this chapter. Must be my love for girls in thigh sweaters.

oh gee look the bad guys want to sacrifice Lucy to use some magic contraption. How original.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    OK, is FT doing badly in the rankings or what? because that was pure, balance, shameless fan service if I ever seen one.

Also for some reason I still found Erza to be the sexiest thing in this chapter. Must be my love for girls in thigh sweaters.

oh gee look the bad guys want to sacrifice Lucy to use some magic contraption. How original.
    It's Fairy Tail. Mashima always does stuff like this.

Transformers Animated fan

It's amazing how Fairy Tail hovers so close to Echi territory.

I kind of felt the battle was lacking.... since there was no battle until the last second.

It's interesting that we finally have a clue on the plan of that knight. Also, I guess there's a bond that has formed between Evergreen and Elfman. Something more than a simple 'like'. Interesting.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

Quote Originally Posted by flashdisk View Post
    It's amazing how Fairy Tail hovers so close to Echi territory.

I kind of felt the battle was lacking.... since there was no battle until the last second.

It's interesting that we finally have a clue on the plan of that knight. Also, I guess there's a bond that has formed between Evergreen and Elfman. Something more than a simple 'like'. Interesting.
    Girl that wants to be a fairy and prides herself on her femininity + a MAN named ELF.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

I like Mira's old form better; The new one's headgear and flame feet look weird. The rest is passable, I guess. (Also, it looks too similar to Jenny's battle form, unless Mira was doing that on purpose. Maybe it's just the pose and headgear.)

There's actually a chance of a draw here. That way both Fairy Tail teams ends up in last place together with Quatro Puppy.
    My instinct is Sabertooth has a reputation to uphold, but here's hoping!

Go go sweater puppies
    Last edited by MKTerra; 04-15-2012 at 01:04 AM.
    Soap Operus

Well, at least she probably won't have to be held captive and be kept out of action for a 100+ chapters.
    Quote Originally Posted by flashdisk View Post
    That's been around since last arc.

Mashima is very open about which characters has good chances of getting together. There's Gray/Juvia (hopefully we'll see some serious development this arc), Erza/Jellal, Gajeel/Levy and most recently Elfman/Evergreen.
    I like Mira's old form better; The new one's headgear and flame feet look weird. The rest is passable, I guess. (Also, it looks too similar to Jenny's battle form, unless Mira was doing that on purpose. Maybe it's just the pose and headgear.)
    I actually kind of like it. It looks kind of demon priestess-ish and I am totally into the fire-feet.

Speaking of new outfits, I'm digging Bixlow's furry cape.
    My instinct is Sabertooth has a reputation to uphold, but here's hoping!
    Well... either it's a draw and Fairy Tail is still in last place or Sabertooth wins and Fairy Tail moves up to second-to-last place. So either scenario is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    It's Fairy Tail. Mashima always does stuff like this.
    Yeah but this time it seems he wanted to outdo himself.

Go go sweater puppies
    Every man has his weakness.

Well, at least she probably won't have to be held captive and be kept out of action for a 100+ chapters.
    Of course not, that would mean 100+ chapters without Lucy fanservice.

And that would be terrible.

Well... either it's a draw and Fairy Tail is still in last place or Sabertooth wins and Fairy Tail moves up to second-to-last place. So either scenario is a possibility.
    I don't see Saberthooth losing this early. They are the guys that FT must surpass if they want their title back. No point in de-hyping them before that.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."