Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: "Uncanny X-Men" #490

Courtesy of Marvel Comics, CBR brings you an advance look at next week's "Uncanny X-Men" #490 by Ed Brubaker & Christos Gage and Salvador Larroca.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11731

Yay for Skids!
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

Yahoo! First glance of Magneto since NEw Avengers #20 that wasn't a flashback or memory! I note we're still only seeing the right side of his face, the left side is always in shadow. I'd say it's safe to say he's probably still depowered though.
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto Rocks View Post
    Yahoo! First glance of Magneto since NEw Avengers #20 that wasn't a flashback or memory! I note we're still only seeing the right side of his face, the left side is always in shadow. I'd say it's safe to say he's probably still depowered though.
    Its good to see someone else has finally noticed that they always are only showing the right side of his face. And, the solits already say he is depowered for X-Men 491.

They have also aged him about twenty five years so he looks like Ian McKellen.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-30-2007 at 10:56 AM.

LOLOL QWERTY

I need to read the preview!

Qwerty is so gonna get the morlocks massacred again for doing that.
    "All things are precipitated by the nature of existence. Nothing, therefore, is unnatural be it bee-hive or termite mound or all our shining, poisoned cities." - Promethea #31

Second page, third panel... Look at Storm's lips!

Oh, Sal. How far you've fallen. :(

----

Nice misdirection (?) there, making us think it's the diaries, instead of some other prophet.

But will the diaries play a part in the crossover? That is the question...
    Last edited by Joe Zool; 08-30-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Magneto looks a bit like Phantom Stranger.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

Hooray! Warpath gets some!

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Its good to see someone else has finally noticed that they always are only showing the right side of his face.
    Indeed. I still don't think it's Masque though. I thought your theory was valid before but after that page... I don't think the Masque we saw would be alone, or on a train like that. I don't think he is Masque but it is very possible his face has been scarred by the explosion.

And, the solits already say he is depowered for X-Men 491.
    Aha, forgot about that- former master of Magnetism.

They have also aged him about twenty five years so he looks like Ian McKellen.
    Well that's a change I don't really mind myself.
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    Magneto looks a bit like Phantom Stranger.
    I don't like at all the aging him to look like Ian McKellen. 616 Magneto has his own look and his own age. Ian McKellen's Magneto was popular because it was acted by one of the best actors in the world today. My fear is they are going to be trying to scheerhorn 616 Magneto into a much more movie Magneto like character.

Movie Magneto was a daft old terrorist fool like Morrison said. Only the actor made the character at all interesting to me.

I don't think he is Masque but it is very possible his face has been scarred by the explosion.
    I am not at all sure of that. Too many coincidences like Magneto having part of his face scarred. The same side of the face that is scarred on Masque.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-30-2007 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I am still not at all sure of that. Too many coincidences like Magneto having part of his face scarred.
    We've seen more of his face in this preview than we've seen in previous issues, and the scars on Masque's face simply aren't there on Magneto's face. Plus, it would be hard to be both on that train and be underground with the Morlocks at the same time.

Pretty good preview. Don't think there is really anything special bout the Magneto/Right side of the face. Just a coincendence. Good preview...can't wait to hear folks bitch about the Hepz/Warpath crap.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
    We've seen more of his face in this preview than we've seen in previous issues, and the scars on Masque's face simply aren't there on Magneto's face. Plus, it would be hard to be both on that train and be underground with the Morlocks at the same time.
    We will see very shortly, but none of that evidence proves a thing at this point.

I like the Qwerty thing! Les interresant!

WTF is up with all this low-res art, but hi-res bubbles? Boooourns.