View Poll Results: Will you buy Marvel Apes?

Voters
121. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, I am sold

35 28.93%
  • No, Nothing could get me to buy this.

60 49.59%
  • Maybe if it had the rigth creative team. Please explain.

20 16.53%
  • Other

6 4.96%
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    The Heart is Pure

Quote Originally Posted by Capt USA
    agreed, if it was possible for every comic to be ex machina, captain america or JSA then I would be ecstatic, but unfortunately not everyone has the same taste, there are people that have made shows like survivor and american idol popular, not enough people watch shows like arrested development etc.
    My poor Arrested Development.

And Beast, you got to read some Batman, dude. He's just as good looking as Hank McCoy... and the new story is great. Just try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Kal

And Beast, you got to read some Batman, dude. He's just as good looking as Hank McCoy... and the new story is great. Just try it!
    I don't have any interest in Batman, he's a boring character to me. Thought not as bad as Superman.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

The Heart is Pure

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    I don't have any interest in Batman, he's a boring character to me. Thought not as bad as Superman.
    How dare you!

How dare you!
    Sorry, it's my opinion. There's like a total of 5 DC characters that I like. :)
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

I dumped most batman titles a few years ago, detective had changed writers and the storyline was utter garbage, detective which was one of my most look forwarded to comics all the sudden became the title that was last to be read. (of course when they did any of the crossovers with other bat titles the majority of the time it went to the bottom of the list also...depending on which crossover it was, half were really good knightfall/knightquest and surprising no mans land, but others weren't most notably the earthquake storyline) I have tried to pick up detective a couple of times over the past year, but just can't seem to get into it like I used to. Maybe after oyl it would be a good jumping back into time.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

I hope Red Ghost shows up. How can Marvel do an ape story without Red Ghost? It won't feel right without him. And I wonder how they would do Ape Beast. Will he have his apeman look or will they just make him a blue gorilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger
    I hope Red Ghost shows up. How can Marvel do an ape story without Red Ghost? It won't feel right without him. And I wonder how they would do Ape Beast. Will he have his apeman look or will they just make him a blue gorilla.
    He would look human, and be considered a freak

That's the one problem with this idea, apes are more of a DC thing. Outside of the Red Ghost, Marvel didn't play with simians too often.

Maybe do Marvel Age, make em all old? And I mean nursing home old, not Earth X old. C'mon, it'd be awesome, who doesn't like old people in spandex?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold
    who doesn't like old people in spandex?

Mental Image.

*shudder*

Curse my vivid imagination

Thumbs down

How dare you!

I agree Superman is the worst comic character i have ever read, and Batman isn't much better....

Quote Originally Posted by Capt USA
    agreed, if it was possible for every comic to be ex machina, captain america or JSA then I would be ecstatic, but unfortunately not everyone has the same taste, there are people that have made shows like survivor and american idol popular, not enough people watch shows like arrested development etc.
    Yeah but Arrested Development sucked donkey balls LOL

This whole Marvel Apes thing sounds interesting.I'll probably check it out when it happens.
    Last edited by Ravenheart; 03-05-2006 at 10:34 AM.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger
    I hope Red Ghost shows up. How can Marvel do an ape story without Red Ghost? It won't feel right without him.
    Have him be an ape with three human henchmen.

That said, I agree with StoneGold. Apes are a Silver Age DC thing. Marvel was more about giant monsters, and they've already done that event.
    Expletive Deleted

Default Marvel Apes Creative Team

So, I was at my LCS this week, and I was talking to the owner about what he might think Brian Bendis and Frank Cho would be working on together. And he brought this up. Marvel Apes. Yeah, I had heard the convention talk about this fabled project, but could it be. I most definately think so. It's pretty obvious what Marvel did. When they asked what other Marvel Zombie-esque titles they would like to see, they had someone planted in the audience to yell out, "Marvel Apes." They had already announced that Bendis and Cho would be working on something together. They knew that few people could make a connection off of so little details. I mean Cho's nickname is Monkey Boy, and he is well known for brilliant art featuring gorillas. In the comic book world, these two doing this project, makes all kinds of perfect sense. I can see them having a hell of a lot of fun with something like this.

But I could be wrong. Anyone else have a better creative team for the project? I think this would be hard to beat.

I hope Mandrill is in it!
    The D - Legion
    Vincente - Mondo -Risque - Scaleface - Kid Omega - Skids - The Neophyte - Flex

X-Poster of the Year 2008
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

Two idiot monkeys drawing monkeys and writing about monkeys.

Austen Liefeld.