Default Awww... come on Steven....

Quadraphenia is an amazing album!

I'm one of those people that loved to sit and take in a whole album, from start to finish. It was a wonderful way to spend 35-45 minutes. But then this evil invention named iTunes was downloaded onto my computer. Now I rarely listen to an album straight through, the randomizer is in constant use. I've slowly turned myself into one of those "singles" people. I've even started buying one or two songs off albums that I know are full of filler. And, for some reason, that makes me a little sad.

edit- It was nice getting to meet you in person at SDCC.

Don't get me wrong; I don't think Quadrophenia's bad or anything. It's quite listenable, and there's no reason anyone shouldn't enjoy it. I'm just saying there are only two or three songs on the thing that are good enough to still sound great after, oh, a quarter century of listening: "I've Had Enough", "5:15" and... well, I'd be inclined to say "Love, Reign On Me" except I never really liked that one, I just heard it so much on the radio...

- Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Grant View Post
    Don't get me wrong; I don't think Quadrophenia's bad or anything. It's quite listenable, and there's no reason anyone shouldn't enjoy it. I'm just saying there are only two or three songs on the thing that are good enough to still sound great after, oh, a quarter century of listening: "I've Had Enough", "5:15" and... well, I'd be inclined to say "Love, Reign On Me" except I never really liked that one, I just heard it so much on the radio...
    I had figured "The Real Me" and "5:15".
    Bart Lidofsky

'The Real Me' is good but I wouldn't miss it if I never heard it again.

'I've Had Enough' is one of the best songs The Who ever did.

- Grant